Theories Discussion > Ergot poisoning / Shrooms

It’s possible...

<< < (3/5) > >>

CalzagheChick:

--- Quote from: sarapuk on August 22, 2018, 06:22:43 PM ---Surely poisoning is one of the least feasible explanations.

--- End quote ---

Why?

Loose}{Cannon:
Surly an accidental ingestion of tainted back-woods 1950s Russian rye bread is least likely in comparison to Yeti.

No?

Morski:
I find poisoning as a relevant theory, especially with regard to ergotism. As far as I remember, while experimenting with ergot back in the 1940s, Alfred Hoffman detects the psychoactive properties of the LSD alkaloid. So it is quite possible that the Dyatlov group might have poisoned themselfs if they ate contaminaited bread/biscuits, etc.
Of course, no way to know what amount and how contaminated food would be sufficient to couse hallucinatoins or any kind of mental dellusions to each of the hikers. I think that it is not mandatory to have all the group members affected in the same extent. Even if only 1-2 were more severely affected, it could be enough to couse panic among the others in the middle of the night inside the tent. Even though I am a bit sceptic about the "fact" that the tent was cut from the inside (as well as the "fact", that the hikers did it in the first place), the possibility of sudden panic attack due to severe hallucinations among the students could explain some of the events that night.
When someone has a panic attack, that person feels a sudden, intense fear that cant be controlled. Also, panic attacks usually start suddenly. They can happen at any time and even without apparent reason. The symptoms usually feel most severe after about 10 to 20 minutes and then go away within an hour, but could take longer time. During the panic attack, people feel as if they are going to surely die. Afterwards they may feel extremely tired or overwhelmed by emotions. There is no universal pattern. Just sayin.

sarapuk:
But the poisoning theory just doesnt add up. If they were so badly poisoned as to loose it in some way then how come they all managed to  walk a mile in those harsh conditions etc etc.

Tybee1974:
First, let me apologize for posting to a thread which had lulled, but I wanted to share an anecdote, re:
--- Quote from: sarapuk on September 13, 2018, 12:52:00 PM ---But the poisoning theory just doesnt add up. If they were so badly poisoned as to loose it in some way then how come they all managed to  walk a mile in those harsh conditions etc etc.

--- End quote ---

In my youth, I was prescribed an ergot-related medication which didn't clear from my system as it should, causing hallucinations, anxiety, and the like. I can confidently state that if I, at the time a pre-teen, could perform my daily tasks (school, extracurricular activities, etc.) all while dealing with the side-effects of the medication, I'm sure that a group of adults could "walk a mile in those harsh conditions".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version