Theories Discussion > Ergot poisoning / Shrooms

It’s possible...

<< < (4/5) > >>

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: Tybee1974 on June 10, 2019, 08:30:42 AM ---First, let me apologize for posting to a thread which had lulled, but I wanted to share an anecdote, re:
--- Quote from: sarapuk on September 13, 2018, 12:52:00 PM ---But the poisoning theory just doesnt add up. If they were so badly poisoned as to loose it in some way then how come they all managed to  walk a mile in those harsh conditions etc etc.

--- End quote ---

In my youth, I was prescribed an ergot-related medication which didn't clear from my system as it should, causing hallucinations, anxiety, and the like. I can confidently state that if I, at the time a pre-teen, could perform my daily tasks (school, extracurricular activities, etc.) all while dealing with the side-effects of the medication, I'm sure that a group of adults could "walk a mile in those harsh conditions".

--- End quote ---

Exactly. Someone poisoned could think properly enough not to put their life at risk. The Dyatlov Group would have had to have been badly poisoned and completely out of it to leave the safety of their Tent. But their actions do not suggest that they were badly poisoned.  They didnt just walk a mile together but they also appeared to have tried to survive by the Tree line. This is not the actions of people who have been badly poisoned.

Tybee1974:
Actually, what I was trying to say was that they could be greatly affected but still make the trek that they did. I think that's a difference between 1) an actual poison and  2)  something with hallucinogenic properties.

Poison can and likely will incapacitate. The hallucinogenic would be more similar to seeing an oasis in the desert.. They could have thought there was a danger to outrun, or thought there was safety where there was none.

If they were hallucinating, for example, and thought they saw another tent, or a fire, or even a hunter's cabin (I know I'm reaching, there), they could have tried to reach it, bringing themselves into worse conditions.

Aspen:
Hi Tybee, that is a very interesting angle.  But how could 9 individuals have exactly the same hallucination.

Tybee1974:

--- Quote from: Aspen on June 11, 2019, 02:15:00 AM ---Hi Tybee, that is a very interesting angle.  But how could 9 individuals have exactly the same hallucination.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I'm just trying to think a little bit outside the box, as they say.

As for how could 9 individuals have the same hallucination, it's just as likely that they didn't... However, under that sort of circumstance, the power of suggestion could lead them to fully believe in what one or two say. "I swear to you, I see (a fire/tent/help) over in that direction!"

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: Tybee1974 on June 10, 2019, 07:58:44 PM ---Actually, what I was trying to say was that they could be greatly affected but still make the trek that they did. I think that's a difference between 1) an actual poison and  2)  something with hallucinogenic properties.

Poison can and likely will incapacitate. The hallucinogenic would be more similar to seeing an oasis in the desert.. They could have thought there was a danger to outrun, or thought there was safety where there was none.

If they were hallucinating, for example, and thought they saw another tent, or a fire, or even a hunter's cabin (I know I'm reaching, there), they could have tried to reach it, bringing themselves into worse conditions.

--- End quote ---

Yes thats a possibility. A problem we all find  is fitting all the separate little events together to make the whole make sense. The injuries to many of the Dyatlov Group certainly need some explanation because they are not normal injuries.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version