Genesis > Introductions

Hello!

<< < (2/2)

mk:

--- Quote from: ceciliah on January 13, 2021, 09:16:27 AM ---@ MK - Bare with me, I am still getting the hang of the forum

Slobodin - I can understand how in extreme exhaustion one could just collapse, but generally people who are experienced hikers or outdoorsmen know that keeping your face off of something cold would save your nose so to speak.  I could be missing it upon initial skimming through the reports, but I don't see any reference (even visible) of frostbite to the parts of his face that one would generally see if someone collapsed face first into the snow and stayed there for a long period of time. Just another weird aspect of this case though.

--- End quote ---

Does one get frostbite if one dies when sinking into the snow?  Do you have to be alive to get frostbite? I actually don't know.

RidgeWatcher:
Frostbite is destruction to the living cells on an intracellular and extracellular level. Yes, you have to be alive to experience frostbite but not particularly conscious.

Manti:
Welcome!

Regarding Rustem,

I have read about something called terminal burrowing behaviour in hypothermia victims. This happens in the late stages and perhaps can drive sufferers to try to dig themselves into snow or even the  ground. In any case it leads to loss of consciousness at some point, but people can still turn perhaps, similar to how we do it while asleep. So the final position he was found in might not be meaningful.

I should also mention that Teddy's book is now out! I haven't read it yet, but another thing I wanted to suggest is the case files, this is the closest we get to "first hand" information about the incident, and there are autopsies included and it looks like even back then they had a pretty good idea which injuries were in vivo and which are post mortem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version