Genesis > Introductions

DPI noob

<< < (22/22)

KFinn:

--- Quote from: ash73 on March 08, 2021, 11:49:32 AM ---I'm beginning to wonder if Moscow were in fact telling the truth about an avalanche... but only a partial truth.

We know the slope of 1079 is insufficient, but if there was a catalyst that could cause an avalanche, then most everything fits... especially if said catalyst was observed as lights in the sky.

For example:
- tent is dug into the slope of 1079 making layered snow vulnerable to movement
- MacGuffin* explodes nearby on the mountain
- explosion causes vibration, which causes avalanche & noise
- hikers panic, cut their way out of the tent
- hikers run down the slope leaving clothes/tools behind
- hikers make a fire, groups splits, some keep the fire going others make a den
- fire is not working, two Yuris die, small scuffle breaks out, clothes are scavanged
- Rustem ascends slope and dies, followed by Igor and Zina
- rav4 make a den, their movements disturb the snow, causing avalanche in the ravine
- rav4 fall on rocks and are buried in snow
- lights in the sky Feb 17 are helicopters retrieving MacGuffin wreckage
- authorities close the case down because investigator sends radiograms in the clear about orbs & rockets
- cover up because authorities don't want people to discover what CAUSED the avalanche

*MacGuffin could be rocket launched from Kapustin Yar or Baikonur, or a spent stage, or local SAM test, or parachute mines from Tu-95, radioactive or not... choose your poison it doesn't matter.

--- End quote ---

Even if there was no avalanche, loud noises and vibrations that sounded like one could initiate them leaving the tent.  It doesn't necessarily need an actual, physical avalanche, for them to fear that one is imminent and try to get to safety.  This has often been my thought.  However, they did not take evasive maneuvers as far as the direction they traveled.  But, if it was still snowing and they were disoriented...  I could see it, personally. 

RMK:

--- Quote from: KFinn on March 08, 2021, 12:17:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: ash73 on March 08, 2021, 11:49:32 AM ---I'm beginning to wonder if Moscow were in fact telling the truth about an avalanche... but only a partial truth.

We know the slope of 1079 is insufficient, but if there was a catalyst that could cause an avalanche, then most everything fits... especially if said catalyst was observed as lights in the sky.

For example:
- tent is dug into the slope of 1079 making layered snow vulnerable to movement
- MacGuffin* explodes nearby on the mountain
- explosion causes vibration, which causes avalanche & noise
- hikers panic, cut their way out of the tent
- hikers run down the slope leaving clothes/tools behind
- hikers make a fire, groups splits, some keep the fire going others make a den
- fire is not working, two Yuris die, small scuffle breaks out, clothes are scavanged
- Rustem ascends slope and dies, followed by Igor and Zina
- rav4 make a den, their movements disturb the snow, causing avalanche in the ravine
- rav4 fall on rocks and are buried in snow
- lights in the sky Feb 17 are helicopters retrieving MacGuffin wreckage
- authorities close the case down because investigator sends radiograms in the clear about orbs & rockets
- cover up because authorities don't want people to discover what CAUSED the avalanche

*MacGuffin could be rocket launched from Kapustin Yar or Baikonur, or a spent stage, or local SAM test, or parachute mines from Tu-95, radioactive or not... choose your poison it doesn't matter.

--- End quote ---

Even if there was no avalanche, loud noises and vibrations that sounded like one could initiate them leaving the tent.  It doesn't necessarily need an actual, physical avalanche, for them to fear that one is imminent and try to get to safety.  This has often been my thought.  However, they did not take evasive maneuvers as far as the direction they traveled.  But, if it was still snowing and they were disoriented...  I could see it, personally.

--- End quote ---
Well, most of the Dyatlov Nine would know better than to try to outrun an avalanche downhill.  Plus, they weren't the sort of people who are easily frightened and prone to panic.  And yet, the evidence is consistent with scenarios in which they did panic, causing them to do irrational things (like abandoning the tent...assuming they really did camp on the hillside).  So, lately I've been reconsidering the infrasound theory.  What if the effects of infrasound made a majority of them--maybe even all of them, to some extent--unusually anxious and jumpy?  Then, all it would take would be some sudden, unexpected event--ash73's "MacGuffin", perhaps--to startle a group of normally level-headed people into full-blown panic!  And then, one thing leads to another, and the scenario plays itself out to its tragic conclusion.

In other words, maybe the psychological effect of infrasound didn't by itself cause the group to behave irrationally, but it did put them in an emotional state in which they were unusually vulnerable to being scared out of their wits by some sudden, unexpected event.

ash73:
Yes the MacGuffin could be katabatic wind, infrasound or the stove... but they don't fit with the coverup or lights in the sky. It depends which jigsaw pieces you choose...

Politicians like telling half truths though.

ash73:
... or infrasound (or even just a severe blizzard) could have exacerbated a MacGuffin, as RMK suggests.

ash73:
I'm curious why the flat area dug out for the tent should look something like this:

(photo courtesy of WAB)

But actually looks like this - the two men are standing precisely where they should be a ridge, or snow wall, above the tent:

If they did cut out a level platform, it's evident a significant volume of snow has been displaced.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version