Genesis > Introductions

DPI noob

<< < (2/22) > >>

sarapuk:
Ash 73 you have some catching up to do. Study Teddys Website and Forum. They are the best in the World, probably.

ash73:

--- Quote from: Missi on February 08, 2021, 12:48:31 PM ---You're right, Manti, infrasound can't be transported via normal speakers or headphones. But as far as I know, findings suggest that just plugging your ears is not sufficient, because it's not only that you hear the sound, you feel it, too. It resonates inside your body, it might even equal the eigenfrequency of one or another part.

--- End quote ---

Eichar's book mentions the Israeli police using LRAD for crowd dipersal.

The question is how much effect would it have... with that particular shape of the ridge, in that particular location, and those particular conditions. And as pointed out, does the effect persist as you move down the slope. An expert could probably model it, and recreate the effect acoustically to test it. It would be an interesting experiment.

However in that situation I think I'd grab my coat and boots, whereas if meteors were exploding in the sky directly above me (in 1959) I'd run for cover.

Manti:
I didn't know about the U2 shootdown incident before, I like that I learn something new about that era every time I read this forum!
It looks like it was shot down more than 500km from Dyatlov Pass, but I don't know where the SAM site was, is that known? It would make sense that it was in that area surveying the nuclear plant there called "Mayak".

And indeed there were multiple reports of lights in the sky, some describing something moving across the sky and disappearing behind the horizon (meteorite?), and some describing an orange stationary ball, that sounds eerily similar to atmospheric nuclear tests but again I don't think that's occurred at that time. Anyway here's a video of one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsY1bTKbSYY

A bolide (exploding meteorite) could explain many aspects of the incident, for example it gives off strong UV radiation which could explain while their exposed skin seemed to be tanned, but then again lying on the snow for weeks some of which were sunny could also explain that if... tanning can happen after death... that I'm not sure of.
There would have been a flash of light so they would probably all go out to look at the sky, then later a shockwave that would knock them over, so it could also explain crush injuries. But how can it be a cause for abandoning the tent?

If there was a shockwave, trees in the forest would have shown damage, if the blast was far away so there's no shockwave, then a meteorite is something that might have happened but doesn't really explain the incident.

Missi:
I don't know, ash. But you're right, it would be very interesting to learn about the effect.

I don't know about a SAM site, Manti, but it would make sense. Especially when knowing, that three of all ten known restricted cities were in the oblast Tscheljabinsk. The city called Tscheljabinsk-40 including the plant Mayak being only one of them.

I somehow can't make a meteorite fit in the story. Yes, it would explain some aspects. But it leaves traces that are not there. If it hits ground there should be a crater somewhere. If it explodes in the air, there's a shockwave that must effect the trees nearby. Even if it was a lot smaller than the one of Tunguska.

ash73:
I've spent an interesting few hours today reading more case files and information on this site, it's a credit to everyone involved.

I've come full circle and am now sure it was murder. It's the only reasonable explanation for them leaving the tent unclothed, walking a mile barefoot in the snow to make a fire without taking wood cutting tools, and their injuries. I think they were followed, attacked, thrown out into the cold and left to die.

The local community were living hand to mouth and many won't have appreciated communist city kid adventurers singing songs and using the mountains as their back garden. Perhaps they upset them with something they said, but I think the attack was a statement, which may explain why valuable items were left in the tent.

They got their way in the short term, with organised hikes being banned in the area for 3 years. But now it's become a tourist destination for unsubtle American expeditions with crate loads of artic equipment, tents and motorised ski-mobiles all wanting to stay on the ridge. I take some satisfaction from knowing their descendents may not appreciate the irony.

I think the investigator made some critical errors - including local people in the search made it easy for them to obfuscate evidence and influence the investigation; racial prejudice made him suspect the Mansi rather than seeking out individuals; and he allowed himself to be misdirected (& even obsessed) by witness testimony such as tall tales of lights in the sky.

I think the authorities were embarrassed they couldn't protect their finest students, and were probably furious when he came to them with stories of orbs. They realised they would never find those responsible in such a close-knit community, so decided to shut it down with an avalanche cover story.

I feel desperately sorry for team Dyatlov, everyone talks about them as experienced hikers but really they were innocent and naive young adults, they didn't stand a chance of defending themselves in such an isolated location.

Whoever did it is almost certainly dead by now anyhow. I'll continue to read the case files, I suspect the answer lies in personal connections, family relations and who might be shielding whom.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version