March 28, 2024, 04:27:49 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Camera taken by student during rescue effort  (Read 3234 times)

August 30, 2019, 08:39:33 PM
Read 3234 times

jarrfan

My question for the group is: In the rescue effort, and I will have to relook and find the exact section, it is mentioned a student at the rescue site had taken one of the cameras and film and was found out by the rescuers and they had to contact him and he submitted the camera and film to them. It said he wanted to see for himself what the pictures showed. Who was this student and what happened to him? I am rereading pages to try and find this info...

August 30, 2019, 11:26:14 PM
Reply #1

Teddy

Administrator
Vladislav Bienko.
UPI student, the Komsomol sent him to a logging camp. In UPI there were rumors circulating that he was not allowed to do the trek due to skipped exams. Zolotaryov took his place in Dyatlov group. Lev Ivanov trusted Bienko to develop some of the films found in the tent - this is the official version. I will ask if he took them without permission actually, and get back to you.

August 31, 2019, 02:16:28 AM
Reply #2

Teddy

Administrator
Here is the original answer, as you know I tap to Russian sources - they are the best.
-----------------------------------------------
Вопрос с проявкой пленки и печатью фотографий очень сложный.
Я нигде не читал, что кто-то на поисках нашел и забрал с собой фотоаппарат и проявил пленку без разрешения.
Но известно (по воспоминаниям), что несколько человек (студентов) действительно печатали фотографии из фотоаппаратов группы уже в Свердловске по просьбе (или заданию) прокуратуры. Это и Биенко, и кроме него - студенты  УПИ Чубарев, Бычков, Юдин, Согрин, Шулятьев, Стадников, Брусницын, Пластун.
Мне кажется, что студентов, которые печатали фотографии, слишком много :)
Возможно, что не всем воспоминаниям можно верить. Никаких документов 1959-го года об этом нет, только современные воспоминания.
The question about the film development is very complex.
I haven’t read anywhere that someone from the search party found and took a camera (or a film - Teddy) and developed the film without permission.
But it is known (from memoirs) that several people (students) did print photos from the group’s cameras back in Sverdlovsk at the request (or assignment) of the prosecutor’s office. This is Bienko, and besides him - students of UPI Chubarev, Bychkov, Yudin, Sogrin, Shulyatiev, Stadnikov, Brusnitsyn, Plastun.
It seems to me that there are too many students who printed photos :)
It is possible that not all memories can be trusted. There are no documents of 1959 about this, only modern recollections.

September 01, 2019, 04:47:08 PM
Reply #3

jarrfan

Thank you for your response. I came across it while reading somewhere in this site and I am going back thru to verify what I saw and exactly what it said. the part I remember is that the officials found out he had taken it and went to him and confiscated it. but I will  continue to look for confirmation.

If he did this, I wonder if he also was suspicious of the activities and trail that the officials insisted on?