March 28, 2024, 04:21:14 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Do you want the mystery solved  (Read 3683 times)

November 21, 2021, 08:36:32 AM
Read 3683 times

MDGross

I'm of two minds. First, if the Dyatlov Pass Incident were solved with absolute certainty, family members could at last get closure. In fact, all of us Dyatlovites could get closure.
On the other hand, mysteries always have great appeal. People become impassioned and committed. A forum like this one has introduced me to new people with new ideas. I've learned about: Soviet society in 1959, infrasound, ball lightning, missile fuels of that era, slab avalanches, Mt. 1079, the nine adventurous young people, and on and on. There will always be mysteries, but this one has such unique appeal.

The following users thanked this post: Teddy, ilahiyol

November 22, 2021, 04:50:59 AM
Reply #1

Игорь Б.

Interest in the death of Dyatlov's group is based only on photographs. If there were no photographs, there would be no forums, no books, no films. And you would not know anything about this mass death of hikers.

P.S. It is good that many people in the USA and Canada know the smell of a skunk personally. They don't need to explain anything in detail.
An example of the impact of chemical weapons of a skunk (wolverine) in a tent:
http://1723.ru/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=5133&view=findpost&p=117054

November 22, 2021, 12:09:20 PM
Reply #2

ilahiyol

The only reason why the Dytlov incident is attractive is that the corpses remain with us... Otherwise, there are many paranomical events like this in the history of the world and today!!! So it's not the only event... But what makes it different is that the bodies are found at the crime scene!!! This means that a secret event becomes partially visible to us. Is there a message for us in the release of corpses??? This is the only reason for me. It is necessary to think about this reason(?)

November 23, 2021, 02:11:07 AM
Reply #3

Teddy

Administrator
I'm of two minds. First, if the Dyatlov Pass Incident were solved with absolute certainty, family members could at last get closure. In fact, all of us Dyatlovites could get closure.
On the other hand, mysteries always have great appeal. People become impassioned and committed. A forum like this one has introduced me to new people with new ideas. I've learned about: Soviet society in 1959, infrasound, ball lightning, missile fuels of that era, slab avalanches, Mt. 1079, the nine adventurous young people, and on and on. There will always be mysteries, but this one has such unique appeal.

I will be ending my presentation with your words verbatim.

November 24, 2021, 07:27:12 AM
Reply #4

MDGross

Thank you Teddy; I'm honored. I'll be certain to listen; your enthusiasm is always contagious!

November 24, 2021, 04:26:44 PM
Reply #5

Ziljoe

November 25, 2021, 07:57:24 PM
Reply #6

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Any investigator should want the mystery solved. There may be people who dont want it solved. They may be government people.
DB

November 26, 2021, 11:39:59 AM
Reply #7

Игорь Б.

Единственно кто не хочет, чтобы тайна была разгадана - это те, кто хочет, чтобы шоу продолжалось вечно.

December 28, 2021, 01:05:39 AM
Reply #8

Naufragia

Absolutely I want it solved. I want to know what happened!

And even if it was solved, some would never accept the explanation and keep on debating the mysteries they will never let go of.

January 11, 2022, 09:16:35 AM
Reply #9

ElizabethHarris

Unfortunately I think the only way this would ever get solved, is if it is taken out of Russian hands and investigated by a neutral party. The fact that they reopened it in 2019 and concluded avalanche, shows that they still won't let the truth be told.

January 24, 2022, 06:15:59 PM
Reply #10

GlennM

Solve this and move on to the Voynich Manuscript or Shroud of Turin? Everyone loves a mystery! It frees us from our own fears temporarily. My guess is that this has been solved, but there is still fun in the chase. Poor souls they are.

January 26, 2022, 05:33:27 PM
Reply #11

ElizabethHarris

Glenn M, who do you think solved it already and why? What do you think their conclusions are?"

January 27, 2022, 05:17:05 PM
Reply #12

GlennM

Hello Elizabeth,

I submit that the tragedy could have befallen the hikers day or night with the same outcome. No exotic explanation is needed. The hikers feared a snow slip preceded by earth tremor. I hold that there was enough movement to cause them to abandon their boots They cut their way out of the tent taking only what they had on their bodies and scattered. Knowing that their tent was ruined, believing a further slide was still immanent, and unable to use their stove under  that circumstance, they descended to the forest to make an open fire. With the fire made, the cedar was climbed and the tent located. The observer noted the conditions by day, or night. It made no difference. With desparate determination and failing strength, three returned, but succumbed to cold attempting to get supplies. Two die at the tree owing to injury from the hike or from the descent to the valley and failing strength.Four leave to make a snow cave and fall into a ravine where injury, cold and hunger defeat them.  Why did they not keep the fire going at the cedar? Exposure and wet wood, I think. The dead at the tree were laid out and stripped. This is evidence that they  they were respected in death, but the conditions were extreme enough to take the clothes. I believe they all did the right thing at the time, but Nature held the high card.

January 27, 2022, 06:56:41 PM
Reply #13

Игорь Б.

А почему у дятловцев зрачки расширены?
У всех замёрзших трезвыми зрачки всегда узкие:
https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=870.msg14567#msg14567