March 19, 2024, 12:34:28 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: The Bodies Stories  (Read 17594 times)

April 24, 2021, 08:54:11 AM
Reply #30

Dona

As far as a snow event..  A) they would have known 10 minutes in to the walk to the woods that there was no snow event and gone back, or, B) they would have known that it was over and gone back

April 24, 2021, 09:27:11 AM
Reply #31

Paf

I wold think the pressure on the chest would exert pressure on the heart..like squeezing a tube of tooth paste.
But wouldn't the pressure have been distributed in the whole body, then ? The arms and legs acting swelling at the same time as the head tissues, acting as reservoirs ?
Maybe the cold change the logic : with shrunk blood vessels, less blood can got there. More goes to the head. But still : i'm not convinced at all.  Would they have seen abundant nose bleeding, ear bleeding, after all this time in the water ? I can't imagine the eyes giving up before the nose vessels...

As far as a snow event..  A) they would have known 10 minutes in to the walk to the woods that there was no snow event and gone back, or, B) they would have known that it was over and gone back
A) If I was fearing an avalanche to the point to move in the middle of the night, nop, 10 minutes would not change my mind. Especially in those conditions, where it's not only about the snow on the slop it-self, but about the drift/overhang (it's not step enough to have an overhang I think, but a drift can do the same job) : as long a there's wind, loading the drift at the summit, the danger is increasing, not decreasing.
B) On avalanche doesn't mean there won't be any other. On the contrary, if one slab is sliding, the other around can be weakened...
If the tent had been quite under the avalanche, it would have safe to go back (but then good luck to find it). If only one slab on the slide had been moving... well, I'm not voluunter ! ^^

April 24, 2021, 10:25:34 AM
Reply #32

Dona

It prolly would have but, they dont have eyes on their toes :) It will have the most effect on the weakest point.

I would risk it (going  back).. Death for sure if you dont. Early on, anyway.. Take a blanket and lay it out.. put supplies on it and drag it.. 5 minutes.. Its worth the risk..

April 24, 2021, 10:34:05 AM
Reply #33

Dona

And,  go back to the fact that there is no evidence of a snow event,, The tent is still standing..

April 25, 2021, 11:26:36 AM
Reply #34

Dona

So, how did Georgy die  before Luda who was gravely injured ? I mean she had a collapsed lung with nearly a half gallon of blood in her lung space, and a whole hell of a lot more..

I dont know... maybe they were injured at different times?? Their wounds are completely different..

Hmm, that points to human intervention.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 11:42:56 AM by Dona »

April 25, 2021, 11:48:32 AM
Reply #35

Dona

From the autopsy"

"Left leg – part of the leg and foot are covered with burned grey wool cloth from a jacket with its sleeve"

Are we sure this was from Georgy?

April 27, 2021, 01:40:14 AM
Reply #36

Paf

It prolly would have but, they dont have eyes on their toes :) It will have the most effect on the weakest point.

I would risk it (going  back).. Death for sure if you dont. Early on, anyway.. Take a blanket and lay it out.. put supplies on it and drag it.. 5 minutes.. Its worth the risk..

It's not 5 minutes... 1,5km is more 15 minutes at least, 20-25 when you're slow (because you're cold).
The searh crew talk about wind of 70km/h. Let's take just 50km/h.
According to the diaries, it was around -20, -25°C the previous days. That make it already up to -40°C with windchill. Hight risk of hypothermia and frosbite within 5-10 minutes, says Wikipedia.
In the wood, if they manage to find a place with no wind -the ravine, or just build a little shelter, the risk is said "low", up to -25°C.

And you feel it as soon as you get wind. Not 2 minutes later : after 10 seconds, you know if it's too cold or not. They would not have been back on the slope.

April 27, 2021, 07:51:30 AM
Reply #37

Dona

I meant early on, when it was feasible.. I mean Luda was  outside with nothing from the waist down,  but her panties, stockings and a garter belt..  Igors coat was outside the tent..

I cant think of anything that would cause them to leave like that, short of a gun to their heads.

April 27, 2021, 05:36:24 PM
Reply #38

Paf

Yep, but if they left the tente that way because of something lasing long enough to drive them 1,5km away (15 minutes), would they go back right away ?
Any theory who can explain them going down that far, with so few clothes, pretty much implies no quick return...

I mostly totally can't understand how, going down in deep snow without shoes in cold weather, they end up in hypothermia but with only one or two showing frostbitten toes. Either they should not have die because the cold was not so bad, either MY feet would have been black frozen before I was at the cedar !
(for hands, they have pockets. ... It's pretty hard to walk with your feet in your pockets ! )

April 27, 2021, 06:57:14 PM
Reply #39

Dona

I agree. something kept them away.. It had to be bad.. Returning to the tent would depend on what that was..

Yes, I wondered that too.. Why so little frostbite..  Maybe the walking itself kept the circulation moving and warded if off..Maybe..

And I am with you.. anything less than 75 degrees and  i have my fuzzy slippers on :) Southern girl here

May 19, 2021, 04:28:24 AM
Reply #40

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
In what way.. Are you intentionally being daft? Sure looks it..

Stop posting rubbish.
DB