March 28, 2024, 04:06:23 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: directions  (Read 9593 times)

October 11, 2017, 09:30:49 AM
Read 9593 times

kenne

A lot of sites list the directions the tent was facing as in north, south, east and west. Having never been there, I don't know which direction is north. Can someone tell which direction the opening (exit) of the tent was facing ?
kenne

October 11, 2017, 11:32:52 AM
Reply #1

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
A lot of sites list the directions the tent was facing as in north, south, east and west. Having never been there, I don't know which direction is north. Can someone tell which direction the opening (exit) of the tent was facing ?

I would say SouthWest.  The long axis of the tent stretched SW to NW.  Seems to be why reports vary in N/S vs E/W.
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

October 11, 2017, 01:45:02 PM
Reply #2

kenne

Would that be in the general direction of the way they had traveled that day, or would it have been the way they were planning to go the next morning ?
kenne

October 11, 2017, 03:13:19 PM
Reply #3

Teddy

Administrator
I would say SouthWest.  The long axis of the tent stretched SW to NW.  Seems to be why reports vary in N/S vs E/W.

Would that be in the general direction of the way they had traveled that day, or would it have been the way they were planning to go the next morning ?

I think this is the general position of the tent which makes the tent entrance facing where they came from (SE) and the axis is SE - NW.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:55:51 AM by Teddy »