March 28, 2024, 10:25:33 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: New View of Krivonischenko's Frame No. 33 - In Bas Relief - Face  (Read 6875 times)

December 15, 2017, 02:45:08 PM
Read 6875 times

KitKat

I edited the Notorious Frame No. 33 from Krivonischenko's film and wondered if anyone else sees what I do. To me, it looks like he (or someone) was reaching for the camera and accidentally took the picture of themselves. It looks like a close-up, overexposed photo of someone's face with motion-blur... and the lighting source is coming from the bottom left side of the image, possibly from a flashlight in their tent?

I Photoshopped it in Bas Relief and did a crude outline to show the facial features, as well as hilighted the perfectly circular shape of the lighting "glow" around the image. Any thoughts?

Hopefully I uploaded the image correctly. If not, or if you need a larger version, go to this link: http://spiritlyric.com/DyatlovPicOutlined.jpg

Thanks,
Kathy

December 16, 2017, 06:21:11 PM
Reply #1

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
I used to have a link to a page that went to great technical length explaining how this is a light glare on the lense which creates a reflection of the aperture back onto the inside-center of the lense.   You can clearly see the light glare on the upper left and the aperture reflection in the center which is octagonal like the aperture..... 

Also.  These cameras have to be wound up for the next exposure to be taken.  From what I understand, the camera was found in the wound position and ready for the next shot.  When the lab has to open the camera to retrieve the film for processing, the lab had to physically snap that wound shot before being able to open it up.

The very fact this is the last exposure in the series on the negatives lends credence to the above scenario being the case. 
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

February 01, 2018, 11:50:32 AM
Reply #2

seniorsupport

I read somewhere (sorry can't remember where) that this infamous last shot was actually produced in the lab when the film was being removed and it is a common end of film pic. Wish I could remember where I'd read that. Sorry 🤓

February 01, 2018, 11:54:22 AM
Reply #3

seniorsupport

Excellent pics. Once they're taken outta focus it really does look like frame 33 !!!!