March 28, 2024, 11:38:14 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Forensic Examinations  (Read 5558 times)

February 05, 2020, 11:11:47 AM
Read 5558 times

Judge35

I am a retired detective lieutenant (homicide).  I am considered a "court qualified" expert in crime scene reconstruction.  I have been interested in this case for many years and took the plunge today.  Obviously I have much to read and learn.  In my humble opinion cases are resolved due to the correct and proper examination of forensic evidence.  What forensic examinations were conducted in this incident?  Results?  Thank you all in advance. 

February 05, 2020, 01:16:46 PM
Reply #1

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Welcome Judge 35. You have joined the best Forum in the World on this Dyatlov Mystery. Take some time to read the earlier Posts etc and obviously the main Web Site. All the Bodies were examined along with Clothing. The Tent was examined. But as you will come to find out, the actual FORENSIC TESTS themselves left a lot to be desired. And there are many unknown factors, for instance we know that Radiation Levels were checked but we dont really have a thorough analysis.
DB

February 05, 2020, 03:06:05 PM
Reply #2

Jean Daniel Reuss

Quote from: Introductions / Forensic Examinations Judge35 «Today at 11:11:47 AM11:11:47 AM »
...What forensic examinations were conducted in this incident?...

The known official documents have been gathered on this website "Dyatlovpass.com" by the administrator "Teddy" under the headings "CASE FILES" and "DEATH".
There is already a lot to read and I have the impression that it will be difficult to learn much more about DPI given that the deaths occurred 61 years ago and that the current Russian authorities would probably prefer to forget about it.

I do not have any particular competences but using my common sense and a bit of general knowledge I have arrived rather easily at a reconstruction which seems to be able to explain all the statements gathered on this website.

Of course it is a hypothesis that remains without indisputable proof and that you will find here :
               https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=411.0 --> Reply #15
with the important considerations of the physiologist Eduard Tumanov at the top of the page.

I would be glad to have the opinion of a professional expert interested in this case.

Jean Daniel Reuss

Rational guidance =

• There is nothing supernatural and mysterious about the injuries suffered by the Dyatlov group. They are all consistent with an attack by a group of professional killers who wanted to take the lives of the nine  [Per Inge Oestmoen].

• Now let us search for answers to: WHO ? WHY ? HOW ?

• The scenario must be consistent with the historical, political and psychological  contexts.

• The solution takes in consideration all known findings.