March 28, 2024, 04:07:59 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Exploring The Yeti Theory  (Read 142225 times)

August 17, 2019, 12:27:24 PM
Reply #150

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
This is the sad story of Charlotte Nash whose face was destroyed, eyes ripped out, so even though this was a chimp and not an ape, they are in the same line. He bit off both of her  hands.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/victim-chimp-attack-shows-destroyed-face-oprah/story?id=9053544

I cannot say if this proves or disproves a Yeti was involved.

Regards. Jarrfan

Yes this was a very severe attack.  I think the chimp was not stopped for some time so the injuries are even more severe.  But you can see the type and pattern of an ape attack. 

There are not many example of ape human attacks documented.  Apes are normally peaceful creatures, especially gorillas.  But interesting none the less.

Regards

Star man

August 17, 2019, 12:32:01 PM
Reply #151

Star man

Welp, this is the Yeti thread so debating the injuries are not from a Yeti is futile. 

Leaving thought.   Why would the skull wound not taper out into an overall larger area?  When a rock hits a windshield, does it only affect the contact point?   This is common sense stuff thats not worth arguing about.   nea1

So the point of talking about the injuries in terms of them not being made by a yeti is show/demonstrate the unlikely conditions that would be required for the injuries to have been caused by either an accident or human intervention.

I don't know about the likelihood of the injuries tapering wrt impacts on a skull.  I suppose it must be possible for some tapering, but the outline of the injury as shown in the diagram is very distinct.

Naturally I wouldn't expect anyone to be totally convinced by the information presented that it was a Yeti instead of an accident or human attack.

The point that should be more clear is that there is something very odd about these injuries when considering them all together.

Regards

Star man

Well said and well said about your analysis re the Head injury. You have basically laid a fairly clear path towards it not being the result of another Human or even Rock Fall or Hit by a Rock. Along with the Autopsy Findings etc we may be looking at some kind of completely Unknown Quantity. So that brings the YETI THEORY nicely into the Equation, or Equations.

Yeah I think the pattern of events points to some kind of large ape involvement.  But what sort of ape and why would it be there on Kholat Syakhl in the middle of winter.  A Yeti in its natural habitat or something else?

Regards

Star man

August 17, 2019, 12:35:06 PM
Reply #152

Star man

The only one that was bitten was Yuri, and he did it to himself.   wink1

Why aren't there any bite marks.  Good question

Regards

Star man

August 17, 2019, 03:53:44 PM
Reply #153

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Welp, this is the Yeti thread so debating the injuries are not from a Yeti is futile. 

Leaving thought.   Why would the skull wound not taper out into an overall larger area?  When a rock hits a windshield, does it only affect the contact point?   This is common sense stuff thats not worth arguing about.   nea1

So the point of talking about the injuries in terms of them not being made by a yeti is show/demonstrate the unlikely conditions that would be required for the injuries to have been caused by either an accident or human intervention.

I don't know about the likelihood of the injuries tapering wrt impacts on a skull.  I suppose it must be possible for some tapering, but the outline of the injury as shown in the diagram is very distinct.

Naturally I wouldn't expect anyone to be totally convinced by the information presented that it was a Yeti instead of an accident or human attack.

The point that should be more clear is that there is something very odd about these injuries when considering them all together.

Regards

Star man

Well said and well said about your analysis re the Head injury. You have basically laid a fairly clear path towards it not being the result of another Human or even Rock Fall or Hit by a Rock. Along with the Autopsy Findings etc we may be looking at some kind of completely Unknown Quantity. So that brings the YETI THEORY nicely into the Equation, or Equations.

Yeti thumb shaped injury brings Bigfoot to the forefront of all theories as THE undisputable explanation of the DP incident.     

What a headline, and what a claim.   bang1

Definitive claims based on bias and total disregard for common sense, reality, and facts is running a muck something fierce.   
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 03:58:37 PM by Loose}{Cannon »
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

August 18, 2019, 02:05:19 AM
Reply #154

cennetkusu

Just another observation on Thibo’s skull fracture:

If you orient the ball of the thumb to line up with Thibo’s depressed fracture then the Index finger lines up with the elongated fracture that runs around to the frontal bone and the base of the hand corresponds to the fracture that runs underneath through the saddle.  Try it. 

Regards

Star man

Interesting. Obviously it wouldnt have been a Human Hand because a Human Hand would not have been powerful enough.
Why not? There are many powerful martial artists in the world. It is strong enough to break the skull with a stroke. But you can make this kick with one hand which is powerful and skillful. That's what happened to Tibo. A man of extraordinary power did not want to deal with Tibo much, took pity on him and killed him with a single shot. The others were very angry and broke his eyes and ribs in anger.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 04:43:18 AM by Teddy »
You're alone and desperate. Connect with God, you won't be alone and you're a saint.

August 18, 2019, 06:23:34 AM
Reply #155

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Because it 'had' to be from the THUMB of a Yeti.    He one handedly popped his head like a grape.    whacky1

August 18, 2019, 10:56:06 PM
Reply #156

Star man

It might be worth summarising the evidence in favour of a large ape type creature again at this point:

1. Something scary enough to drive them away from the tent without adequate clothing or equipment
2. A careful decent of the slope which would be consistent with calmly walking away from a dangerous animal
3. Dropping the flash light and not stopping to retrieve it
4. The group heads for a tall cedar and climb the tree clearing branches to look back up the slope.
5. Yuri D receives scratches bruises climbing the tree his fingers and toes are severely frost bitten.  It does  not appear that he climbed the tree to collect firewood.
6. Fragments of skin found in the tree bark
7. Yuri D and Yuris K die of hypothermia.  The fire is lit too late to save their lives.

The injuries are by far the more interesting though

Rustems head injury is inconsistent with falling and hitting your head.  His fractured skull is in the temporal region with diffuse feeding into the temporal muscle.  Falling is more likely to result in injuries to the front and back of the skull.  Rustem also had diffuse bleeding in the other temporal muscle which makes it appear that he received a blow to the head while probably lying on the ground.

Many of the group had injuries to their hands and legs consistent with punching and kicking.  It is unlikely they fighting each other but it does appear that they were attacking something.  Maybe fighting off the creature as it attacked their friends.

Thibo's head injury is identical to the shape of a thumb, but this thumb scaled up would be part of a hand that is about 30cm long and capable of delivering over 450kg of force.   The same length as the bruise on Zina's side.  Thibo has no other significant injuries.

Lyuda and Semyon have chest injuries that would require massive blows beyond that which any human could deliver.  They also have facial injuries similar to that found in ape attacks.

Kolevatov is left alive.

Dyatlov, zina die of hypothermia.  Rustem also eventually dies of hypothermia but complicated by his head injury.

One other piece of evidence which I think may also be important given the above - The Eveneing Otorten which has an entry about a Yeti.  Had one of the group seen something before the attack?

What's missing:

1.  Obviously an ape creature or Yeti
2. Foot prints
3.  Bite marks on the victims
4. The knife of the rav 4

Post edit:  oh yes the radiation- what is that all about?

Regards

Star man

« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 11:26:32 PM by Star man »

August 18, 2019, 11:34:36 PM
Reply #157

Star man

If you orient the ball of the thumb to line up with Thibo’s depressed fracture then the Index finger lines up with the elongated fracture that runs around to the frontal bone and the base of the hand corresponds to the fracture that runs underneath through the saddle.  Try it. 

Regards

Star man

Interesting. Obviously it wouldnt have been a Human Hand because a Human Hand would not have been powerful enough.
Why not? There are many powerful martial artists in the world. It is strong enough to break the skull with a stroke. But you can make this kick with one hand which is powerful and skillful. That's what happened to Tibo. A man of extraordinary power did not want to deal with Tibo much, took pity on him and killed him with a single shot. The others were very angry and broke his eyes and ribs in anger.

Not a bad thought.  I have already considered this.  My conclusion is that the only martial artist capable of inflicting all of the injuries is the type that has very bad dubbing and can jump 50 foot up into the sky. 

But who knows when comparing the probability of a 50 foot jumping ninja with a Yeti.

Still- there was nothing in the Evening Otorten about 50 foot jumping super ninjas.

Regards

Star man

August 19, 2019, 06:06:56 AM
Reply #158

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
1. Something scary enough to drive them away from the tent without adequate clothing or equipment
2. A careful decent of the slope which would be consistent with calmly walking away from a dangerous animal
4. The group heads for a tall cedar and climb the tree clearing branches to look back up the slope.
5. Yuri D receives scratches bruises climbing the tree his fingers and toes are severely frost bitten.  It does  not appear that he climbed the tree to collect firewood.
7. Yuri D and Yuris K die of hypothermia.  The fire is lit too late to save their lives.

Hmmmm....   I like your enthusiasm and theories Star-Man,  but I think you may be reaching really far now.  Literally everything you list is most definitely not 'evidence' contributed to Yeti or a "large primate" dropped on the pass for some super secret experiment. 

Evidence in favor of what you propose would look more like.....

Yeti hairs
Yeti DNA
Yeti footprints
Yeti den
Yeti fingerprints
Yeti sleeping in their tent. <<. Roflmao

I think you get the idea.  Everything you list and the injuries you allocate can be contributed to.....  Anything.  It can all be an indication of goblins, trolls, mothman, and unicorn farts if you really wanna go down that road. 

Just sayin

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 06:26:52 AM by Loose}{Cannon »

August 19, 2019, 06:16:27 AM
Reply #159

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
And who said anything about a ninja that can jump 50 feet in the air? 

I have been witness on TWO occasions where someone was punched with a bare fist resulting in a crushed eye socket that was worse then Tibs injury. The eye socket is the most robust part of the human skull, and one guy lost an eyeball..... for good.  Anyone that thinks humans cannot inflict these types of injuries especially when utilizing weapons is flat out not in touch with reality.  Same goes for falling out of a tree, into a deep boulder filled ravine etc.   

August 19, 2019, 08:47:26 AM
Reply #160

Star man

Of course.  Many of the individual pieces of evidence I have presented can be put down to a number of possible explanations.  What I have tried to do is present a picture that can be consistently pieced together and supported with some key claims that is believable or at least should raise the suspicion that some kind of large ape like creature could have been involved.

There is of course no concrete evidence yet.

I agree that what is required to complete this scenario would be exactly the sort of things you have listed LC.  The evidence currently available is unlikely to supply that. 

To progress this theory further would require new evidence.  Maybe some semi fossilised Yeti poo?  You never know there still might be some left on the pass today.

I’ll keep thinking.

Regards

Star man

August 19, 2019, 09:30:21 AM
Reply #161

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
I think a Yeti theory would go a lot further it someone popped one and drug it into town. 

August 19, 2019, 12:06:24 PM
Reply #162

sarapuk

Regards

Star man

Yeti thumb shaped injury brings Bigfoot to the forefront of all theories as THE undisputable explanation of the DP incident.     

What a headline, and what a claim.   bang1

Definitive claims based on bias and total disregard for common sense, reality, and facts is running a muck something fierce.

I wouldnt say DEFINITIVE CLAIMS. I would say just another THEORY albeit an unusual one. But nevertheless worth looking at. All OPTIONS must be open.
DB

August 19, 2019, 12:11:45 PM
Reply #163

sarapuk

Regards

Star man

I think we may be looking at injuries that were caused by some kind of CRUSHING as opposed to hitting. And as far as I know there is no Evidence of any Human being being able to CRUSH someones SKULL with their hand or to CRUSH someones CHEST with their hand or hands in the way that DUBININA was apparently CRUSHED.
DB

August 19, 2019, 12:17:05 PM
Reply #164

sarapuk

Hmmmm....   I like your enthusiasm and theories Star-Man,  but I think you may be reaching really far now.  Literally everything you list is most definitely not 'evidence' contributed to Yeti or a "large primate" dropped on the pass for some super secret experiment. 

Evidence in favor of what you propose would look more like.....

Yeti hairs
Yeti DNA
Yeti footprints
Yeti den
Yeti fingerprints
Yeti sleeping in their tent. <<. Roflmao

I think you get the idea.  Everything you list and the injuries you allocate can be contributed to.....  Anything.  It can all be an indication of goblins, trolls, mothman, and unicorn farts if you really wanna go down that road. 

Just sayin

The same could be said of most of the THEORIES, ie, where is the real Evidence. The YETI Theory is worth looking at. Plenty of Sightings and experiences by people over the decades.
DB

August 19, 2019, 12:19:26 PM
Reply #165

sarapuk

I have been witness on TWO occasions where someone was punched with a bare fist resulting in a crushed eye socket that was worse then Tibs injury. The eye socket is the most robust part of the human skull, and one guy lost an eyeball..... for good.  Anyone that thinks humans cannot inflict these types of injuries especially when utilizing weapons is flat out not in touch with reality.  Same goes for falling out of a tree, into a deep boulder filled ravine etc.

Did they remove the persons TONGUE as well  !  ?  And did they leave TRACES of RADIATION on the person  !  ?
DB

August 19, 2019, 12:19:43 PM
Reply #166

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
I guess you missed this.

August 19, 2019, 12:21:25 PM
Reply #167

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator

Did they remove the persons TONGUE as well  !  ?  And did they leave TRACES of RADIATION on the person  !  ?

Decomposition is a real thing you know.  Seriously.....  Google it.   grin1

Radiation levels were low, and apparently brought to the site on the cloths of Yuri K.   wink1

And neither is evidence to the prior.

August 19, 2019, 11:03:37 PM
Reply #168

Star man

I think it's fair to say that the theory presented fits the sequence of events but like all the other theories here it is not definitive as DB states.  Again as with all other theories the thing that is missing is irrefutable forensic evidence.  For a large ape like creature or Yeti DNA would probably be required.  The remains of such an animal if ever discovered may provide this and would probably be a scientific sensation.

For the DPI it might be difficult to tease out any further evidence.

However, there are some possibilities. For instance if Kolevatov stabbed the beast and drove it away it's possible that the knife went with it.  The knife may still be there somewhere and it might even still be with the remains of the beast.  For instance the beast may have crawled off itself and died some distance from the ravine.  Finding the knife might mean finding the remains of the beast.  Or the knife may have tissue on it skin, or hair that has survIved and may be used for DNA analysis.  It's a long shot, but it's an example of how further information could come to light.

Regards

Star man

August 19, 2019, 11:39:05 PM
Reply #169

Star man

Just another thought on evidence and where it could be found.  When the DPI happened Francis Crick had not discovered DNA so it’s unlikely that the bodies were examined for DNA evidence.  Quite often skin and hair of an attacker can be found under the finger nails. 

I would not advocate exhuming the bodies to look for such evidence though as I think they should be left to rest in peace.

If there was some kind of large ape being used in a military test that somehow managed to attack the group (note that apes were used across the world for such tests years ago) then there may be records of the movement and sales of such apes still in existence that could be traced.  Who knows.

Regards
Star man

August 20, 2019, 01:17:30 PM
Reply #170

sarapuk

Radiation levels were low, and apparently brought to the site on the cloths of Yuri K.   wink1

No Evidence of any animals or Organisms that could have caused Decomposition were presented. Radiation or something caused Ivanov great concern. And no Evidence that Radiation was brought to the site on any clothing.
DB

August 20, 2019, 01:20:17 PM
Reply #171

sarapuk

Just another thought on evidence and where it could be found.  When the DPI happened Francis Crick had not discovered DNA so it’s unlikely that the bodies were examined for DNA evidence.  Quite often skin and hair of an attacker can be found under the finger nails. 

I would not advocate exhuming the bodies to look for such evidence though as I think they should be left to rest in peace.

If there was some kind of large ape being used in a military test that somehow managed to attack the group (note that apes were used across the world for such tests years ago) then there may be records of the movement and sales of such apes still in existence that could be traced.  Who knows.

Regards
Star man

Many Bodies are exhumed if there is a good reason. I have no problem with that and maybe some of the relatives would be ok with that if it helped to resolve this mystery.
DB

August 20, 2019, 04:24:26 PM
Reply #172

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator

No Evidence of any animals or Organisms that could have caused Decomposition were presented. Radiation or something caused Ivanov great concern. And no Evidence that Radiation was brought to the site on any clothing.

Sure there is....  They were found FOUR MONTHS LATER half submerged in a creek.  It does not take a rocket scientist to establish common sense.  The autopsy reports clearly state 'missing', no mention of torn flesh, cut flesh..... Nothing.  It's called decomposition..... Period.  No need for some fantastical cryptozoology or unrealistic conspiracies.   

Radiation....  Sure there is.  It was only found on very specific articles of clothing which just happen to belong to members of the group that were involved in a RADIATION CLEANUP just prior to the DP trip, and the other worked in refining it.  Again.....  Common sense no brainier.

August 20, 2019, 10:52:31 PM
Reply #173

Star man

Even if the families were supportive of exhumation for further forensic examination, I think there would need to be more compelling reason that just the possibility of DNA samples under the nails.  One thing that may be interesting though is the radiation.  If the bodies clothing was removed and they were washed then any external radiation would have been at least mostly removed.  But if they had been exposed to some radiation on the pass itself then it is likely that they breathed in some of this.  So unless all of their lungs had been removed during autopsy then there will still be evidence of the radiation in the lungs, or at least the remains of the lungs.

Regards

Star man

August 20, 2019, 11:38:05 PM
Reply #174

Star man

In terms of forensic evidence I think that the foot prints may be important.  Although there is a suprising lack of detail in the case files. 

I found the above photo interesting.  Although it may be nothing towards the middle right of the photo there are two large symmetrical Foot shaped dark patches in the snow.  I haven’t been able to highlight them but see if you can see them.

There is also another foot print reported as two overlapping prints that looks similar in shape to the foot of an ape.  Again it could be nothing but who knows.

Regards
Star man

August 21, 2019, 08:44:22 AM
Reply #175

Star man

This is an ape foot for comparison with the above post.  Note the rounded shape and the big toe slightly displaced across and slightly lower than the other toes.

Regards
Star man

August 21, 2019, 09:45:57 AM
Reply #176

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
I would imagine someone part of the search and investigation would notice drastically different footprints then a humans.   I don't see anything in that pic except human packed prints that the surrounding unpacked snow has blown away from. 

August 21, 2019, 01:03:15 PM
Reply #177

sarapuk

Sure there is....  They were found FOUR MONTHS LATER half submerged in a creek.  It does not take a rocket scientist to establish common sense.  The autopsy reports clearly state 'missing', no mention of torn flesh, cut flesh..... Nothing.  It's called decomposition..... Period.  No need for some fantastical cryptozoology or unrealistic conspiracies.   

Radiation....  Sure there is.  It was only found on very specific articles of clothing which just happen to belong to members of the group that were involved in a RADIATION CLEANUP just prior to the DP trip, and the other worked in refining it.  Again.....  Common sense no brainier.

There is no Evidence of ordinary ANIMALS having had a part in the demise and decomposition of the Dyatlov group. No SIGNS of animal activity at or near the Dead Bodies. No SIGNS of BACTERIA, etc, were reported in the Autopsy. And the Radiation reports leave much to be desired. And this radiation question crops up elsewhere in the Forum.
DB

August 21, 2019, 02:35:30 PM
Reply #178

Morski

There is no Evidence of ordinary ANIMALS having had a part in the demise and decomposition of the Dyatlov group. No SIGNS of animal activity at or near the Dead Bodies. No SIGNS of BACTERIA, etc, were reported in the Autopsy. And the Radiation reports leave much to be desired. And this radiation question crops up elsewhere in the Forum.

So, just because Vozrojdenniy did not specifically mentioned wild animals and bacteria - the most obvious natural explanation when dealing with dead bodies rotting for months in the wilderness, we can literally cross them out of the story? Well, I guess that really leaves us with only the Yeti to blame. Or the fireballs, piloted by extraterrestrial astronauts, yes?
"Truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it." Mark Twain

August 21, 2019, 10:51:07 PM
Reply #179

Star man

I would imagine someone part of the search and investigation would notice drastically different footprints then a humans.   I don't see anything in that pic except human packed prints that the surrounding unpacked snow has blown away from.

Yeah, there is definitely a lack of detail on the foot prints in the file. 

Now the Discovery channel documentary - which I Would agree is sensationalised trash for the most part does include an interview with two of the original search party.  In the interview, according to the programme they do state that they noticed strange large foot prints that were not mentioned in the case files.  Is this also sensationalised trash?  I don't know.

Regards

Star man