Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Chernobyl

<< < (2/5) > >>

amashilu:

--- Quote from: tenne on January 30, 2023, 09:34:49 AM ---that is a very common theme in Russian history. The sub that went down and the crew died, the russian government refused to admit it and then refused help when they couldn't deny it anymore. The Tunguska event, in 1908, was the fault of the american's using electricity to cause that explosion (latest theory is it was a metorite that exploded above the ground, not by hitting it)

as well, on the russian forum, no one argues that there wasn't a cover up or one wasn't a possibility, same as it seems to be accepted idea that both Semyon and Alekander were KGB.

There are a lot of comments on that forum about the corruption and fear of that era

--- End quote ---

tenne, that is very interesting. Can you tell more about the accepted idea on Russian forums that Semyon and Aleksander were KGB?

anna_pycckux:

--- Quote from: amashilu on January 29, 2023, 03:40:18 PM ---A few weeks ago, I watched the docu-drama "Chernobyl" for the first time. The producers claim that they attempted to re-create the disaster as closely as possible to the real events. 
Aside from the drama ... I want to note that there was one theme woven throughout the episodes that has brought about a shift in my thinking regarding the DPI. I was previously not aware of the extent to which the Soviet powers will go to preserve the "perfect face" of their country, that they are smarter and brighter and better in every way than all other countries, that they are incapable of defect or mistake. Even if it means the death of many of their citizens, they are willing to do what needs to be done to preserve this better-than-you image. According to "Chernobyl," this included almost unbelievable attempts to hide, deny, and cover up the incident.

--- End quote ---
Я еще советую вам так же посмотреть фильм Андрея Кончаловского "Дорогие товарищи" о реальных событиях в Новочеркасске. Голодные и безоружные рабочие вышли на протестный митинг против повышения цен и снижения уровня жизни, и против них ввели войска и стали стрелять в народ.. погибли и женщины и дети... По неофициальным данным более 100 человек. Это очень страшное и трагическое событие. В Кремлевскую комиссию входил Кириленко А П... он вместе с другими участниками комиссии и Хрущевым - принимал решения по подавлению протеста.

I also advise you to also watch Andrei Konchalovsky's film "Dear Comrades" about real events in Novocherkassk. Hungry and unarmed workers went to a protest rally against price increases and lower living standards, and troops were brought in against them and began shooting at the people.. both women and children were killed... According to unofficial data, more than 100 people. This is a very terrible and tragic event. The Kremlin Commission included Kirilenko and P... he, along with other members of the commission and Khrushchev, made decisions to suppress the protest.

tenne:

--- Quote from: amashilu on January 30, 2023, 09:49:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: tenne on January 30, 2023, 09:34:49 AM ---that is a very common theme in Russian history. The sub that went down and the crew died, the russian government refused to admit it and then refused help when they couldn't deny it anymore. The Tunguska event, in 1908, was the fault of the american's using electricity to cause that explosion (latest theory is it was a metorite that exploded above the ground, not by hitting it)

as well, on the russian forum, no one argues that there wasn't a cover up or one wasn't a possibility, same as it seems to be accepted idea that both Semyon and Alekander were KGB.

There are a lot of comments on that forum about the corruption and fear of that era

--- End quote ---

tenne, that is very interesting. Can you tell more about the accepted idea on Russian forums that Semyon and Aleksander were KGB?

--- End quote ---

This is the link to the forum, I will also look for some specific comments. Unfortunately I tend to read that forum at 2am and I end up lost and can't find what I was reading, it is huge with thousands of comments

https://taina.li/

tenne:
The search function on that forum do NOT work well so its a matter of finding it all again

Missi:

--- Quote from: anna_pycckux on January 30, 2023, 10:59:37 AM ---I also advise you to also watch Andrei Konchalovsky's film "Dear Comrades" about real events in Novocherkassk. Hungry and unarmed workers went to a protest rally against price increases and lower living standards, and troops were brought in against them and began shooting at the people.. both women and children were killed... According to unofficial data, more than 100 people. This is a very terrible and tragic event. The Kremlin Commission included Kirilenko and P... he, along with other members of the commission and Khrushchev, made decisions to suppress the protest.

--- End quote ---

I remember seeing your post. It made me think of an event that took place in Germany in 1953. Or rather it took place in the GDR, one of the two Germanies that existed back than. I don't know, if it's common knowledge outside Germany (in fact I fear, that even IN Germany it's less and less young people knowing about it, so I'll just sketch was it was about:

There were strikes and demonstrations of the workers in the GDR. It was mainly a reaction to changes concerning the workload, the tendency to make people lose their own farms etc. in order to make the land and production public property and the situation of food and distribution of it.
It was on June 17th 1953, when the police of the GDR got help from their "big brother" USSR. They sent tanks. And those tanks were used against the peaceful protests.
I came to know about it by a song of one of my favorite singers, Reinhard Mey. He happened to see that day. He lived in Berlin, where one (or maybe the main thing? I don't know) happened. He wrote a song, including the line "Ich sah Menschen gegen Panzer kämpfen, mit der bloßen hand." meaning "I saw men/people fighting against tanks with their bare hands.".
I grew up with the knowledge thereof. And the GDR was NOT USSR, it was only closely connected to it. So knowing what happened in the GDR back then is why it's no wonder to me, that the government of the USSR acted like that against their own people.

Maybe knowing that and reading/watching a lot about what happened in Chernobyl (I was about to turn 6, when the reactor exploded), is why I tend to not trust the government concerning the DPI and am very much inclined to believe in manipulation on their part.
If someone wants to read into those happenings in the GDR: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_German_uprising_of_1953
I didn't read it and the description above is mainly from my memory. I just keep forgetting which year it was, so I had to look that up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version