March 28, 2024, 08:48:17 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: The Real Ball Lightning theory  (Read 104143 times)

March 05, 2021, 02:09:45 PM
Reply #300

Nigel Evans

Yeah thats what Lightning does. If it did to the Dyatlov Tent then there wouldnt have been much of the Tent left or the Dyatlov Group.
No it doesn't. Craters are not so typical. Quite often it creates raised structures.

March 05, 2021, 02:14:06 PM
Reply #301

Nigel Evans

Lightning strike aided and abetted by a Fuel Tank
A near empty diesel tank (diesel doesn't ignite with sparks?). An exploding fuel tank would bulge the concrete, here there's just a crater.

March 05, 2021, 08:54:43 PM
Reply #302

KFinn

With thanks to KFinn :-
https://earth-chronicles.com/anomalies/anomalies-of-the-medviditsa-ridge-russia.html#:~:text=One%20of%20the%20most%20anomalous%20zones%20of%20Russia%2C,it
"Known Medveditskaya ridge and terrible deaths. In 1990, a shepherd allegedly died there. The man flashed up like a match on a flat spot, and burnt to the ground in a matter of minutes. And in August 1993, the amateur-ufologist from Krasnodar Territory disappeared here. He went on scouting, and when they rushed to look for him, then on the spot where they saw the man for the last time, they found a giant funnel. "
.n.b. funnel=crater

Tempalov thought he saw craters at the foot of the west side of Kholat.

If he thought he saw craters I wonder why he didnt investigate them  !  ?

Do we know for certain he didn't? 
-Ren

March 05, 2021, 09:10:02 PM
Reply #303

KFinn

If this has been posted previously, forgive me.  I'm still catching up.

Declassified CIA document of a reported "bright source of light" that sounds like it occurred in the region of the Kursk magnetic anomaly (east of the Urals but similar ferrous soils, similar sightings of "fire orbs" and UFO's for the area.) 

If you poke around some of the other documents compiled here, there are several of interest in various ways;  I'd never heard of "Sverdlovsk Sickness" or "Ural Sickness" but the Russian government listed "working conditions, weakened immune systems and *weather conditions*" as the top factors. 

https://archive.org/details/CIAsX-Files-2015UFORelease/AERIAL%20OBSERVATION%20OF%20INTENSE%20SOURCE%20OF%20LIGHT%20DOC_0005515703

If true it seems that the Soviet Authorities told the Pilots to not ask questions about what they were seeing.  Sounds a bit strange.

A couple thoughts come to mind. 
-the authorities knew what it was and wanted no one to speak of it
-the authorities feared it was something developed by another country and didn't want the other country to think it was successful
-the author it is had no clue what it was and didn't want the pilots asking questions they couldn't answer
-the authorities thought the crew was nuts but didn't want them losing their jobs because they were good pilots
-Ren

March 06, 2021, 10:34:01 AM
Reply #304

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
https://earth-chronicles.com/anomalies/anomalies-of-the-medviditsa-ridge-russia.html#:~:text=One%20of%20the%20most%20anomalous%20zones%20of%20Russia%2C,it
"Known Medveditskaya ridge and terrible deaths. In 1990, a shepherd allegedly died there. The man flashed up like a match on a flat spot, and burnt to the ground in a matter of minutes. And in August 1993, the amateur-ufologist from Krasnodar Territory disappeared here. He went on scouting, and when they rushed to look for him, then on the spot where they saw the man for the last time, they found a giant funnel. "
.n.b. funnel=crater

This one got me excited.  The Medvedistkaya ridge is considered a big tourist area for UFOlogists and curiosa tourists because of its lengthy history with fire orbs, ball lightning, magnetic anomalies, and even radiation (assumed to be from the ferrous soil and lightning and a scientific conversion that I am still in the process of cementing my understanding of.)  The environment in this way is highly similar to what was witnessed at or near Dyatlov Pass around and after the incident.  Magnetic anomaly, check.  Fire orbs, check.  Radiation, check.  Weird deaths, check.  Ferrous soil, I believe that was a check for Dyatlov, I have to verify, however.  Reported sightings of burnt trees, check.   To me, this tracks as in a higher plausibility than some of the other theories.

Coincidentally, I also read an excerpt last night that the US Air Force in Colorado was able to make ball lightning in a lab around 2013-2014 (and I found reference that China did in 2012.).  (Nigel, somehow I was actually onto something there- they used electrodes in an electrolyte solution to create a ball of plasmoid!  How I headed in that direction, I will never figure out, lol!!!!)   I was trying to map out where people see ball lightning occur more frequently.  You can find maps of sky to ground lightning (where every continent except the main area of Russia,) has at least one large area of very heavy lightning, but nothing in the way of mapping areas with a heavy concentration of ball lightning.  So that is my next side project because if we have high concentrations of reported ball lightning that follow an air stream or geologic contours or any such common variable then, well I can geek out on data!!!

Strange Lights in the Sky described as Fire Orbs. But these Fire Orbs seem to be controlled  !  ?  Radiation. I doubt there would have been enough Radiation to cause the Geiger Counter to go off the Scale near the Tent, especially weeks after the Event.

You are such a buzz kill, lol!!

Remind me, who was it that saw the Geiger go off the scale at the tent?  I know I wrote down the source but I'm not finding it in my notes. 

EDIT:  I think that came from Ivanov's article?  I may have it under I for Ivanov and not R for radiation because my note taking makes complete sense :(

Yes it was Ivanov. Just pointing out the facts that have been made public knowledge.
DB

March 06, 2021, 10:35:12 AM
Reply #305

sarapuk

.n.b. funnel=crater

He was taken off the investigation after a few days?

Plenty of time to Investigate them though.
DB

March 06, 2021, 10:39:59 AM
Reply #306

sarapuk

Lightning strike aided and abetted by a Fuel Tank
A near empty diesel tank (diesel doesn't ignite with sparks?). An exploding fuel tank would bulge the concrete, here there's just a crater.
But it could explode under pressure. Any way it does show the power of Lightning.
DB

March 06, 2021, 10:42:16 AM
Reply #307

sarapuk

.n.b. funnel=crater

Do we know for certain he didn't?
#

Thats true. He may well have Investigated them along with other things and then been told to shut up by his superiors. As Nigel reminds us he was soon taken off the Dyatlov Case.
DB

March 06, 2021, 10:50:50 AM
Reply #308

sarapuk

If this has been posted previously, forgive me.  I'm still catching up.

Declassified CIA document of a reported "bright source of light" that sounds like it occurred in the region of the Kursk magnetic anomaly (east of the Urals but similar ferrous soils, similar sightings of "fire orbs" and UFO's for the area.) 

If you poke around some of the other documents compiled here, there are several of interest in various ways;  I'd never heard of "Sverdlovsk Sickness" or "Ural Sickness" but the Russian government listed "working conditions, weakened immune systems and *weather conditions*" as the top factors. 

https://archive.org/details/CIAsX-Files-2015UFORelease/AERIAL%20OBSERVATION%20OF%20INTENSE%20SOURCE%20OF%20LIGHT%20DOC_0005515703

If true it seems that the Soviet Authorities told the Pilots to not ask questions about what they were seeing.  Sounds a bit strange.

A couple thoughts come to mind. 
-the authorities knew what it was and wanted no one to speak of it
-the authorities feared it was something developed by another country and didn't want the other country to think it was successful
-the author it is had no clue what it was and didn't want the pilots asking questions they couldn't answer
-the authorities thought the crew was nuts but didn't want them losing their jobs because they were good pilots

Hard to say. Sometimes 'Commercial Pilots' report UFO's and it gets into the 'Public Domain', other times it gets hushed up quickly.
DB