The tent was near the cedar. There was an attack

<< < (4/7) > >>

gildar:

gildar:

Why are they frozen

gildar:

neni_cesty_zpet:
Unfortunately, I dont speak russian.
Does he suggests that there was murder and then the tent was moved to slope, right?

I see absolutely no reason for that, not no mention that murderes would risk being witnessed by native people like Mansis.
Who would murder, for what reason and why move tent?

If the murderers were working for KGB then I'd expect them to take whole group for intensive interrogation or make them vanish without trace.
Not moving the tent to higher altitude, possibly in harsch environment during low visibility at night, spreading corpses nearby.

Jean Daniel Reuss:
Help me out here. Gildar's videos are certainly important and interesting but it is really too difficult to understand for a french guy like me because without written text it is not possible to use the copy/paste function,  so you can not use the online automatic translators.

•  sarapuk : August 31, 2019, 12:36:42 PM         Reply #1
Well, I always had the feeling that maybe Woodpecker's band had some kind of camp near a cedar tree...

I understand there was an attack.

There was hand to hand fightings. I must also agree with Per Inge Oestmoen,  knocker,  Eduard Tumanov................
I have also found other very good leads to explore on the forum 

•  Nordlander     Reply #29
Murdered / Re: Resistance goup maybe?   March 27, 2019, 08:41:08 PM » 

I don't think it was escapees from a gulag. ...
...Still, many of the "settlers" living in the area had been former inmates of gulagswho remained there after the institutions were closed and they were freed. I think the loggers fall into this category--hence the comments in the diary about their roughness. There were also people in internal exile--many Jewish people, some ethnic Germans like the forestry guy--to keep them from away from the European part of Russia to prevent them from defecting. So a lot of area residents would have been exposed to the barbaric conditions in the gulags and to the forms of violence practiced there. That is one of the things that makes it hard to determine who the attackers may have been: many different groups would have the same "tool kit" because of Stalin's practice of mass incarceration, where political dissidents would be thrown in with common criminals and psychopaths.

•  Loose}{cannon
Murdered / Re: Resistance goup maybe?    Reply #9
« on: March 16, 2019, 08:27:03 PM
The gulags are said to have been disbanded in 1953 shortly after the death of Stalin.  However, it is my understanding that not all gulags were the same.  In other words, there were mentally ill, petty criminals, violent criminals, white collar criminals, political enemies etc, and they were not entirely mixed up. Many that were eligible for release had nowhere to go and stayed as part of a freed and payed working party of say mining and logging communities.  This is the reason I asked WAB if the logging camp (settlement 41) they stopped at happened to be labor camp. While in 1959 the loggers were a "community" that were there working on their own free will, I am uncertain that was always the case. I have also seen the maps posted above regarding gulag locations and wonder how many released 'detainees' of varying degrees stayed in these locations post 1953, or never left the region in general.   

Food for thought.

•  Vietnamka
Murdered / Re: Resistance goup maybe?    Reply #26
on: March 20, 2019, 06:21:10 PM
  ....  I just went to archive, found documents and shows - prisoners escaped, does not matter what do you think about. You never been a prisioner contained for 25 years for good understanding motives, logic and possibility. Even about prisoner's skills (a lot of them passed through the 2WW) you don't know too.....

*** In Poland, the situation was more complicated. By the end of the war, a significant proportion of the Polish population were living in a camp of some kind, whether a displaced persons’ camp (Jews, Ukrainians, former Nazi slave laborers), a detention camp (Germans and Volksdeutsche,Poles suspected of not being good communists or not adhering to the Bierut or Gomulka policy), or a prison camp in Siberia.

After 1953, as second-class citizens, deported peoples designated as "special settlers" or ex-zeks were prohibited from holding a variety of jobs, returning to their countries of origin, attending prestigious schools.

The Soviet government feared that people of certain nationalities would act as "fifth column" subversives during the cold or expected war, and took drastic measures to prevent this perceived threat.

***  For me the field of possibilities has narrowed and in order to build what I call my scenario N°2, I am in the process of gathering historical, political and psychological arguments.
But obviously no one will be able to come up with absolute incontrovertible proof. One can only propose scenarios with a good degree of probability that are complete and coherent.

I now believe that the murderers were in the special settlement 41.

They were not zeks, prisoners in poor health. They were well-nourished ex-zeks who were almost free except that they were subject to restrictive rules on stay and residence known as "special domestic passport regulations".

Look at the great length of the building,

there is room in there to accommodate a lot of people. Some people did not want to be photographed with the hikers and stayed inside. Others are far outside.

I read that the record for the Vasaloppet is 90 km covered in 4 hours.
By following exactly a track in the packed snow by the passage of 9 skiers an average chaser should be able to cover 50 km in 9 hours.

Question: Is 50 km the distance from settlement 41 (or North 2) to the tent?

On January 31, 1959 around 4 p.m. Thibeaux-Brignolle turned around and saw a strange shadow moving. He instinctively triggered his camera without taking the time to focus.

This is photo N° 17 of one of the ex-zek pursuers who hates all these bastards of young Soviet communists who admire Khrushchev and maybe even Stalin !

To be able to give a complete and coherent explanation of the DPI enigma it is inevitable to imagine some missing unknown parts.
  I will soon send you the rest of my scenario N°2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version