March 28, 2024, 06:32:14 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: The Tent was cut to make it useless  (Read 3689 times)

July 07, 2021, 03:21:47 PM
Read 3689 times

CR3012

I've been here before but something has happened recently that reminded me of the Dyatlov Pass incident.
My tent has been cut while I was away in a secluded area in the Alps. Quite far from any villages. 2 cuts were made on the roof of the tent, (see the pic of one of the cuts), the tent ws still zipped up (I usually have a zipper on the inside for a reason but it's also easy to unzip from the outside unless it's dark).
Some food stacked outside was also missing, bar of soap in a metal box and honey.
I went down to the village and managed to contact the forest office, it wasn't them who did it, the police suggested to look for shepherds, I found one local who owns some cows but once again he seemed decent and told me he would whip hes kids if they do such a damage to someone's tent.
That is a state land according to police, they also look after the torrent which has little dambs downstream and it's not far from the border actually. So who it was, remains a mystery but he is very lucky because I have the means to hurt the thief/vandal. I setup an ambush for the night monitoring the tent all night long but nobody came. I couldn't stay longer, in the area my tent would leak severely in case of rain, so after one more ambush downstream on approach to the camp I left the country.

I wouldn't wish anyone seeing the weird black shapes on your tent from a distance, wondering what it is, coming closer and realising it's the dark inner layer on both sides.

July 15, 2021, 03:35:25 PM
Reply #1

Jean Daniel Reuss

Yes, the tent vas cut by 3 attackers on 2 February 1959, around noon or 1 PM.

sarapuk is right, there are not enough clues (or too many clues are missing) to come to an indisputable certainty about the causes of the deaths of the 9 hikers of Dyatlov's group.

sarapuk, who has not appeared since May 19, 2021 (Now July 15, 2021) - worryingly - often included in his comments phrases such as:
     « All speculative analysis. Just guesswork. No evidence....»

Nevertheless, everyone is free to think that some explanatory hypotheses are more likely than others.

Thus, my favourite explanatory hypothesis is mainly inspired by 3 authors:

Eduard Tumanov
  https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=411.0

Per Inge Oestmoen
  https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=325

Aleks Kandr
  http://mystery12home.ru/t-ub-gr-dyatlova
  https://taina.li/forum/index.php?topic=1002.0

In summary:

There were 3 mercenary attackers who were ordered by Stalinist (ex) NKVD officers, in charge of guarding of the Gulag camps in the Ivdel region (Ivdellag).

••• 1 February 1959, around 8 p.m.: Surprise attack, the 9 hikers are forced to leave their tents hastily by introduction of suffocating gas or simply by trickery (ruse).

Then hand-to-hand combat in the dark (on the slope of Kholat Syakhl and around the cedar) against the 3 attackers who are armed only with blunt objects.

••• 2 February 1959 around 6 AM: Final victory of the attackers: all 9 hikers are dead or about to be, the bodies of Dubinina and Zolotariov are mutilated.

Then the attackers rest inside the tent and eat the hikers' provisions.

••• 2 February 1959 around 1 PM: the 3 attackers first cut the tent canvas and partially destroy the tent, then they set off in the direction of North-2.

••• 4 February 1959: As soon as they arrive in Vizhay, the 3 attackers are denounced by the ex-NKVD officer(s) (clients, commanders..) and are therefore arrested by the KGB.

Between 2 February 1959 and the arrival of the rescuers on 26 February, the wind erased almost all traces and there was no staging on the Kholat Syakhl slope.
Jean Daniel Reuss

Rational guidance =

• There is nothing supernatural and mysterious about the injuries suffered by the Dyatlov group. They are all consistent with an attack by a group of professional killers who wanted to take the lives of the nine  [Per Inge Oestmoen].

• Now let us search for answers to: WHO ? WHY ? HOW ?

• The scenario must be consistent with the historical, political and psychological  contexts.

• The solution takes in consideration all known findings.