March 28, 2024, 04:58:05 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: sarapuk  (Read 5944 times)

August 31, 2021, 09:12:40 AM
Read 5944 times

Teddy

Administrator
Jean Daniel Reuss alerted me to the fact that sarapuk has disappeared from the forum without saying goodbye.
Jean Daniel Reuss wrote to me:

• I checked sarapuk's profile
         Posts: 2381 (1.916 per day) (sarapuk was therefore usually very busy).
         Last Active: May 19, 2021 02:01: 06 PM
  • In sarapuk's posts of this year 2021, I do not detect any indication that he was planning to voluntarily stop contributing to the forum.
  • If sarapuk were simply ill or hospitalized he would not be alone, completely isolated. There would be people to help him, to care for him.
  • And then, he who wrote 2381 posts in 3 years, even if he is completely immobilized in a bed, after 3 months (May 19 to August 31), he would have asked a small favor to someone around him. Something like: "please go to //forum.dyatlovpass.com, (Password=...), and write: sarapuk can not participate at this time.....".
    (no Evidence just speculation)
I fear that he is ill, very sick, and perhaps even dead, especially since he had indicated his age: 69 years old, that is not young.
And I also hope very much that I am a stupid person to be so pessimistic and assume the worst.

Please pray that we are wrong.
I don't want to add more crosses.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 09:39:05 AM by Teddy »

August 31, 2021, 09:23:56 AM
Reply #1

Ziljoe

That is a worry. I hope everything thing is ok.

August 31, 2021, 09:56:24 AM
Reply #2

Morski

I have noticed that Sarapuk is missing as well since april/may.

I think it is really odd for such an active member of our community to stop posting just like that, and I do hope he is well and there are other reasons for this.

"Truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it." Mark Twain

August 31, 2021, 10:09:25 AM
Reply #3

MDGross

sarapuk was always polite and considerate. I hope he's okay.  He made many posts, maybe he just needs some time off.

August 31, 2021, 10:13:43 AM
Reply #4

Teddy

Administrator

August 31, 2021, 10:20:26 AM
Reply #5

Teddy

Administrator

I just noticed your quote. I love it. Will use it on the forum.

August 31, 2021, 10:48:05 AM
Reply #6

RMK

I had also noticed that sarapuk hasn't posted in a while.  I hope he's well.

August 31, 2021, 10:50:53 AM
Reply #7

Morski

I just noticed your quote. I love it. Will use it on the forum.

thanky1

August 31, 2021, 01:25:29 PM
Reply #8

marieuk

I've noticed his absence too and been checking to see if he's been on.  It does seem strange that he hasn't.  Has anyone tried messaging him directly? 

August 31, 2021, 01:34:10 PM
Reply #9

Teddy

Administrator
I've noticed his absence too and been checking to see if he's been on.  It does seem strange that he hasn't.  Has anyone tried messaging him directly?
Yes, to no avail.
Worse thing is that I mailed him on the address he registered in the forum with and got a response mailbox full. This is definitely not a good sign.

August 31, 2021, 01:37:59 PM
Reply #10

marieuk

oh no that's not sounding good

September 02, 2021, 08:24:32 PM
Reply #11

KFinn

I have tried messaging him in the last couple of months with no response, as well.  I really hope all is well with him.   He's a very intelligent person and I've enjoyed learning from him.
-Ren

September 04, 2021, 03:34:17 PM
Reply #12

Jean Daniel Reuss

Several weeks ago I also sent a message to sarapuk (using the "...send;u=323" page), but no reply.
I do not know any other way to get information, because the members of "forum.dyatlovpass.com" are scattered all over the world.
Indeed we can reasonably be worried, in various points, for sarapuk.

Jean Daniel Reuss wrote to me:
And then, he who wrote 2381 posts in 3 years, even if he is completely immobilized in a bed, after 3 months (May 19 to August 31), he would have asked a small favor to someone around him. Something like: "please go to //forum.dyatlovpass.com, (Password=...), and write: sarapuk can not participate at this time.....".
............(no Evidence just speculation)

I want to make a correction, because I have given a bad example of a wrong speculation, i.e. a false reasoning.

On the contrary, it is just as likely to assume that :

• 1) - For a person who suddenly finds himself in a certain new situation (by the way, not necessarily a very serious or worrying one), optional problems, i.e., without real consequences, will take a back seat in his mind.
   It is much more likely that for this person, new practical problems will arise that are much more urgent and important...

• 2) - For the person's relatives (who, let's say, is in fact forced to interrupt his usual postings), the DPI is a very old accident, unrelated to current events, which occurred in a distant and little known region and which is of no interest.

For instance, in France, if Sverdlovsk-Ekateringburg is often known as the last residence of Tsar Nicholas II, obviously almost nobody knows where Ivdel, Ivdellag and Vizhay are...
Jean Daniel Reuss

Rational guidance =

• There is nothing supernatural and mysterious about the injuries suffered by the Dyatlov group. They are all consistent with an attack by a group of professional killers who wanted to take the lives of the nine  [Per Inge Oestmoen].

• Now let us search for answers to: WHO ? WHY ? HOW ?

• The scenario must be consistent with the historical, political and psychological  contexts.

• The solution takes in consideration all known findings.

September 06, 2021, 01:34:08 AM
Reply #13

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Sorry to have been off the Forum for so long without mentioning anything. Thank you for any concerns. I needed a rest from the Forum. Amongst other things I have been busy setting up an archaeological society in England. I will be back in action again on the Forum.
DB

September 06, 2021, 01:38:19 AM
Reply #14

Morski

Sorry to have been off the Forum for so long without mentioning anything. Thank you for any concerns. I needed a rest from the Forum. Amongst other things I have been busy setting up an archaeological society in England. I will be back in action again on the Forum.

thumb1

September 06, 2021, 06:23:10 AM
Reply #15

Ziljoe

Good news  clap1

September 06, 2021, 06:58:08 AM
Reply #16

Teddy

Administrator

Hurrah! This balances my pessimism.

September 06, 2021, 07:49:35 AM
Reply #17

KFinn

Very happy to hear from you! 
-Ren

September 06, 2021, 03:39:42 PM
Reply #18

marieuk

Welcome back.  So glad you're ok

September 10, 2021, 10:45:54 PM
Reply #19

RidgeWatcher

Sarape, So glad to hear your alive and healthy! I finally received "Death Stalks the Prairie" because it was out of print and I had to wait, hope to discuss with you when have time, sounds as if you are busy professionally at this time.

September 22, 2021, 04:00:10 PM
Reply #20

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Glad you are ok Sarapuk.

Regards

Star man