April 16, 2024, 09:34:14 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Died Some Time After Feb. 1  (Read 4425 times)

February 20, 2020, 07:52:44 AM
Read 4425 times

MDGross

Just brainstorming with myself. What proof is there that the hikers died the night of Feb. 1? The last group diary entry is on Jan. 31. Is that the only indication? Or the 6-8 hour old food in their stomachs? The bodies were frozen for weeks. No way to pinpoint a time or even day of death. The autopsy reports state Feb. 1 as the day of death for all nine, but that seems like an educated guess. Wonder if they died some days after Feb. 1? That would certainly point to involvement by the KGB. Some explanations theorize they died before Feb. 1. But no need to alter photos or forge diary pages if they died after Feb. 1. Perhaps the group was apprehended on the night of Feb. 1 then questioned and tortured for several days. They were given something to eat some hours before being hauled back to the mountain. Why not let them build a fire and dig a snow den? It creates a more realistic scene and aids in the coverup. Since the hikers had set up the tent, no need to mess with that.

No doubt far-fetched, but not impossible.

February 20, 2020, 08:07:50 AM
Reply #1

lucid-nonsense

Just brainstorming with myself. What proof is there that the hikers died the night of Feb. 1? The last group diary entry is on Jan. 31. Is that the only indication? Or the 6-8 hour old food in their stomachs? The bodies were frozen for weeks. No way to pinpoint a time or even day of death. The autopsy reports state Feb. 1 as the day of death for all nine, but that seems like an educated guess. Wonder if they died some days after Feb. 1? That would certainly point to involvement by the KGB. Some explanations theorize they died before Feb. 1. But no need to alter photos or forge diary pages if they died after Feb. 1. Perhaps the group was apprehended on the night of Feb. 1 then questioned and tortured for several days. They were given something to eat some hours before being hauled back to the mountain. Why not let them build a fire and dig a snow den? It creates a more realistic scene and aids in the coverup. Since the hikers had set up the tent, no need to mess with that.

Why cover it up at all, tho? Just say they're gone and it's best not to ask too many questions.

February 20, 2020, 10:15:55 AM
Reply #2

MDGross

Agree with you about who's going to ask questions if the group simply vanished. But it was such a gut-wrenching tragedy that maybe the KGB chose not to be implicated. Far fetched I grant you.

February 20, 2020, 01:09:57 PM
Reply #3

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient

How can you state that just because its possible that they died days after 1st Feb that that would certainly point to involvement by the  KGB   !   ?  Thats a very bold statement. There is absolutely nothing anywhere that suggests such a scenario. No evidence. Nothing.
DB

February 20, 2020, 03:01:29 PM
Reply #4

MDGross

I'm making no bold statements, Sarapuk. As I said in my first post, I'm just brainstorming ideas. I said in my second post the it was a far-fetched theory. However, I could say that there's no certain evidence that they died on Feb. 1. No eyewitnesses, no way to pinpoint a specific night of death. These folks could have died days or even a week later. Who can say with certainty how many days these frozen bodies laid in the snow? My hope is that people with additional ideas will contribute to this conversation. I admit mine was just a clumsy start.

February 20, 2020, 03:45:23 PM
Reply #5

Tim

All theories are important, whether you think they might be clumbsey.
Think of it this way .If the KGB new where they were, so would the Soviet Government and would never launch a rocket at their own people.
They Soviets have better ways to get people to talk. They would have arrested all ten for sedition and made a show trial out of them before they had a chance to leave on their expedition.
The group of hikers have all their expectations documented from year to year registered at the school with whom the Soviets were aware of.
The only thing that would give that theory a second look is  that if
 Igor brought his short wave radio with him.
Lastly the Soviet Government would of been aware of any geniuses in the group and would of snatched then up for the Communist cause.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 04:27:52 PM by Tim »

February 21, 2020, 10:12:06 AM
Reply #6

MDGross

Thanks Tim. It isn't my intention to make any bold statements. My hope is that a few posters will brainstorm along with me. I've been posting for a few months and do not have the depth of knowledge that others have. Thanks to Teddy, most of what I've learned is from this web site. But in this tragic case with so many open ends, everything should be questioned.

February 24, 2020, 12:46:43 PM
Reply #7

sarapuk

Any suggestion that the KGB were involved will be a bold suggestion for sure.  Because we have absolutely no proof or anything resembling proof that any such organisation was involved.  We could come up with all sorts of ways that the Dyatlov Group met their demise. What is for sure is that since the collapse of the USSR more and more information comes to light.
DB

February 24, 2020, 02:33:33 PM
Reply #8

neni_cesty_zpet

I dont believe that CIA/KGB was involved...in the middle of the cold night in remote area?  Under the open sky?  I don't believe that.

April 10, 2020, 03:27:02 AM
Reply #9

Naufragia

"What proof is there that the hikers died the night of Feb. 1? The last group diary entry is on Jan. 31. Is that the only indication? Or the 6-8 hour old food in their stomachs? The bodies were frozen for weeks. No way to pinpoint a time or even day of death. The autopsy reports state Feb. 1 as the day of death for all nine, but that seems like an educated guess. Wonder if they died some days after Feb. 1?"

1 February 1959 (or early 2 February) as the date of whatever happened at the tent is a well founded deduction, and so 1 February as the proposed date of death of the hikers naturally follows. However, the bodies were found 3+ weeks and then 3 months later, frozen and decaying. That would seem to leave some leeway of at least a few days after 1 February for a date of death. I don't know if forensics these days could be any more accurate, in the circumstances?

April 10, 2020, 03:10:02 PM
Reply #10

sarapuk

"What proof is there that the hikers died the night of Feb. 1? The last group diary entry is on Jan. 31. Is that the only indication? Or the 6-8 hour old food in their stomachs? The bodies were frozen for weeks. No way to pinpoint a time or even day of death. The autopsy reports state Feb. 1 as the day of death for all nine, but that seems like an educated guess. Wonder if they died some days after Feb. 1?"

1 February 1959 (or early 2 February) as the date of whatever happened at the tent is a well founded deduction, and so 1 February as the proposed date of death of the hikers naturally follows. However, the bodies were found 3+ weeks and then 3 months later, frozen and decaying. That would seem to leave some leeway of at least a few days after 1 February for a date of death. I don't know if forensics these days could be any more accurate, in the circumstances?

There is some information that gives clues as to times of death. Look up the Autopsy Reports etc.
DB