March 26, 2024, 09:57:59 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Greeting from "Down Under"  (Read 8287 times)

May 14, 2021, 07:21:38 PM
Read 8287 times

sigaffa

I would like to say "hello" to everyone on this forum. I have been wandering around the site - on and off - for over a year now, and so I thought the time has come to be brave and join the group!  grin1

I look forward to contributing.

I have just purchased Teddy & Igor's book (and started reading it last night!) so I am very keen to see what this adds to the mountain of information - and ideas - that reside on this forum.

Perhaps it will be disappointing to hear that I have no theory on the DPI of my own to advance, nor have I settled on any other premise as a personal favourite.

What the forum has demonstrated to me, however, is how difficult it is to comprehend what are the true "facts" of the case. Even when you consider what should have been an absolute given at the time of discovery - the exact position, contents and state of the tent - as discovered, it seems that much is open to questioning (? and doubt). I am hoping this new book will help me to a clearer understanding of what can be generally agreed as factual (... and by way of apology, I have often neglected to translate many of the Russian links posted to the forum - a big thank you to many of the members that go to the effort of translating and publishing at least some of these into English).

As a newbie (so please don't be too hard on me  dunno1 ) I would say that next to the DPI itself, the most surprising element of the mystery is in how much data/information/evidence appears to be lacking from the initial search and investigation. If I was ever up for a good conspiracy theory on the DPI, it might certainly center around the quantity and quality of investigative documents and evidence that has been released publicly ... and with respect to this whether or not there was any information & evidence that was withheld. Of course, the other side of this is that we can see everything that the investigation produced, nothing, in fact, was withheld, and it was simply an investigation that was initiated, managed and released in perhaps a less than professional manner.  *sigh*
... I try to get nearer, but as it gets clearer, there's something appears in the way

May 14, 2021, 08:23:10 PM
Reply #1

KFinn

Well met, friend!!!   I saw in your other post that you are also researching the Sommerton man.  It sounds like that might see new movement in the case?  I'm really looking forward to seeing where that leads!!!

I look forward to your thought provoking discussions here!  If nothing else, from my own experience, I can tell you I've made some incredibly good friends with other members here.  Its a great group for the most part!

Enjoy your time please!!

-Ren
-Ren

May 14, 2021, 09:03:54 PM
Reply #2

sigaffa

Well met, friend!!!   I saw in your other post that you are also researching the Sommerton man.  It sounds like that might see new movement in the case?  I'm really looking forward to seeing where that leads!!!

I look forward to your thought provoking discussions here!  If nothing else, from my own experience, I can tell you I've made some incredibly good friends with other members here.  Its a great group for the most part!

Enjoy your time please!!

-Ren

Thank you, Ren.

Yes, why should we have just one intriguing mystery to keep you awake at night, hey?!?

With your interest on the case of the "Somerton Man", I will try to post any local information (here in Adelaide) that arises from the exhumation to your thread on this forum.

I communicated directly with Professor Abbott a couple of times in past years - he has an enthusiastic passion for this case - as well as a considerable professional interest.

Kind regards.
... I try to get nearer, but as it gets clearer, there's something appears in the way

May 15, 2021, 12:06:17 AM
Reply #3

Teddy

Administrator
I have just purchased Teddy & Igor's book (and started reading it last night!) so I am very keen to see what this adds to the mountain of information - and ideas - that reside on this forum.
Thank you for this. Please leave a review on Amazon when you have form an opinion. As for questions, I am watching this board: Thoughts on the book, post anything you want clarified or more information about.
I am still having PTSD from the expedite release of the book on the date Feb 1, 2021, and the unexpected setbacks at the last moment, so I am not able to follow more of the forum. I am still publishing information here, it is not done and ready, keep an eye as you read the book, the supporting information is organized per chapters of the book: https://dyatlovpass.com/1079.  For example, why the names PO Box 240, I have to get around to publish this and much more. It seems like an endless process. I am not done with the WHOIS either.

Perhaps it will be disappointing to hear that I have no theory on the DPI of my own to advance, nor have I settled on any other premise as a personal favourite.
These are the best readers and researchers, the unbiased ones. I have the impression that the ones that do have a favorite theory are looking only to reinforce their belief and if something doesn't add up they start trashing the author. It is unsolved case, so there is no knowing what is important and what not. Most people accuse me of presenting too much information. How can a cold case have too much information if it is true?

I would say that next to the DPI itself, the most surprising element of the mystery is in how much data/information/evidence appears to be lacking from the initial search and investigation. If I was ever up for a good conspiracy theory on the DPI, it might certainly center around the quantity and quality of investigative documents and evidence that has been released publicly ... and with respect to this whether or not there was any information & evidence that was withheld. Of course, the other side of this is that we can see everything that the investigation produced, nothing, in fact, was withheld, and it was simply an investigation that was initiated, managed and released in perhaps a less than professional manner.

One area that Kuryakov dived into was the manner this case was processed compared to other cases from the same time. Here are his findings:
https://dyatlovpass.com/investigation-materials-3

The title The criminal case on the death of the Dyatlov group was cut short is misleading because it wasn't any shorter than other cases. Titles are usually clickbaits for a scandal. This is another thing I find very annoying: Dyatlov Pass has become a clickbait.

My advice from working the case for 9 years is keep your emotions in check because after certain time people stop trying to make sense from the case and start arguing with each other. This was the reason I didn't start a forum right away, but then Loose Cannon convinced me and now I have to keep an eye on it, but boy, can I get without all the drama. As if we matter, we don't. The case matters. Anyway, you seem like a reasonable and sensible guy, welcome to the forum. As they say in Latin America Mi "forum" es su "forum" :)

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 01:46:42 AM by Teddy »

May 15, 2021, 12:34:24 AM
Reply #4

sigaffa

Thank you for this. Please leave a review on Amazon when you have form an opinion. As for questions, I am watching this board: Thoughts on the book, post anything you want clarified or more information about.
I am still having PTSD from the expedite release of the book on the date Feb 1, 2021, and the unexpected setbacks at the last moment, so I am not able to follow more of the forum. I am still publishing information here, it is not done and ready, keep an eye as you read the book, the supporting information is organized per chapters of the book: https://dyatlovpass.com/1079.  For example, why the names PO Box 240, I have to get around to publish this and much more. It seems like an endless process. I am not done with the WHOIS either.

I admire your stamina, Teddy - you must have boundless energy! I will certainly post an Amazon review when I have finished the book - which I don't think will be too long - although I got scolded last night for reading it for too long in bed!!  lol4
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 01:36:58 AM by Teddy »

May 15, 2021, 01:38:04 AM
Reply #5

Teddy

Administrator
I got scolded last night for reading it for too long in bed!!  lol4

Watch it :)

May 15, 2021, 01:51:23 AM
Reply #6

Teddy

Administrator
Just don't make her jump on your chest. I already made my husband go down a snowy slope in socks.

May 15, 2021, 11:31:57 AM
Reply #7

KFinn

Just don't make her jump on your chest. I already made my husband go down a snowy slope in socks.

I really think we need a separate forum for all the DPI widows/widowers who have loved ones lost in the mystery, lol!  Mine has dealt with me waking up at 3 am with a sudden thought or theory that I needed to talk out right then, lol! 
-Ren

May 15, 2021, 01:17:25 PM
Reply #8

Teddy

Administrator

And I was cold. He asked me if he can put socks over his shoes and I said no, it wouldn't be the same.

May 15, 2021, 04:29:05 PM
Reply #9

sigaffa

I really think we need a separate forum for all the DPI widows/widowers who have loved ones lost in the mystery, lol!  Mine has dealt with me waking up at 3 am with a sudden thought or theory that I needed to talk out right then, lol!

lol1 ... OH YES - they could have a forum to investigate the theory why all of "our types" get so obsessed with our mysteries & theories - and you know what ... I don't think their group would come up with any definitive answers either!!  bang1

May 15, 2021, 04:41:13 PM
Reply #10

sigaffa

And I was cold. He asked me if he can put socks over his shoes and I said no, it wouldn't be the same.

Actually, the husband has decided your book is a "best possible solution to my current (and on-going) obsession" ... winter is coming on here, and although Adelaide winters are very mild, he made the comment this morning that at least if I was in bed reading on Kindle I was helping to keep the bed warm!!

BTW - he has his own DPI theory. I got him to read some summaries of the DPI several months ago. He read them, paused for a minute and then said ..."it's easy - the whole thing was staged so that crazy people like me would have something to spend countless hours on the internet arguing about"  clap1