March 28, 2024, 03:10:54 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: How did you all heard about the Dyatlov Pass tragedy?  (Read 2612 times)

December 13, 2021, 09:46:37 AM
Read 2612 times

ThorstenW

I would be interested to know how you all heard about the Dyatlov Pass tragedy. I first heard a documentary by MythenMetzger on Youtube. It was through him that I also came to this forum. The documentation was very informative, interesting and unfortunately also very sad. For the first time I did a lot of research about Rustem Slobodin.

December 14, 2021, 04:49:52 PM
Reply #1

mk

The very first I heard about it was in some sketchy Yeti story that cherrypicked the facts to make it sound even weirder than it really was.  The idea was that Yeti had chased them out of their tent and tracked and killed them one by one.  I looked it up because it was simply too unbelievable the way it was described in the story, and yet there had to be some measure truth behind it.  Then it was interesting, so I kept searching to understand it better.

December 26, 2021, 05:44:38 PM
Reply #2

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Ive been following news and stories of mysterious events for as long as I can remember, and thats a long time. Ive experienced a few mysterious events myself. A few years ago I got interested in the Dyatlov mystery. My enthusiasm was encouraged after I first mentioned it to a Russian friend of mine. When I said the word Dyatlov he became very serious like as if I had said a scary word. He was born and raised in the city of Yekaterinburg that was formerly Sverdlovsk, and his brother went to the Ural Polytechnic Institute [ same college as the Dyatlov group ], today its part of the Ural Federal University one of the Worlds leading Universities. It seems everyone knows about Dyatlov in Yekaterinburg, and also many people believe there was and still is a Government cover up.
DB

December 27, 2021, 03:01:58 PM
Reply #3

Perplexe

Ce que vous ecrivez ne m etonne pas. Cette tragedie depasse le gouvernement russe. Il doit a tout prix dissimuler les preuves d une rencontre du troisieme type ayant mal tourne. Porquoi? Tout est dans cette question. En tout cas ces pauvres jeunes sont alles avec cette expedition au devant de leur mort et ce n est pas pour rien que les Mancis appellent le mont Otorken la montagne de la mort. Eux savent mais se taisent car celui qui sait ne parle pas.
Bien cordialement

December 27, 2021, 06:14:38 PM
Reply #4

marieuk

I heard about it from a friend who knew I liked mysteries.  Their words were 'if you want a real mystery look at this case'.   

Very interesting about your Russian friend DB - does the community there have a favourite theory of what happened?  Being so close to what happened, maybe some things leaked out at the time?

All sounds very mysterious Perplexe - do you think they knew they were facing something unusual when they set out on their trip?

The following users thanked this post: Perplexe

December 28, 2021, 01:03:36 AM
Reply #5

Naufragia

I first read about it on the Mysterious Universe website. Looking there now, a number of their regular authors have been posting articles on the incident for almost ten years, though I can't remember which I first read. Watching the Expedition Unknown episodes really brought the story alive for me and lead me to Teddy's Dyatlov Pass website.

December 28, 2021, 05:53:40 PM
Reply #6

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
I heard about it from a friend who knew I liked mysteries.  Their words were 'if you want a real mystery look at this case'.   

Very interesting about your Russian friend DB - does the community there have a favourite theory of what happened?  Being so close to what happened, maybe some things leaked out at the time?

All sounds very mysterious Perplexe - do you think they knew they were facing something unusual when they set out on their trip?

Well the impression I get from my friend is that many people there think it was some sort of Government coverup. But not sure exactly what the Government was or is covering up. Many think it was a military accident. Some people dont rule out the possibility that it was an extraterestrial event of some kind. The forests of Siberia are vast and mostly deserted. After all Russia is the largest country on Earth.
DB

December 28, 2021, 06:29:26 PM
Reply #7

marieuk

Thanks for replying DB.  Interesting to hear what the locals thought. 

January 09, 2022, 05:20:04 PM
Reply #8

ElizabethHarris

I was watching a show about cryptids and the existence of the Yeti in Russia. The show made it seem like the incident was an indisputable and proven Yeti attack, so wanting to hear a cool Yeti story, I looked into it and found a much, much more compelling story that had me laughing at the Yeti theory within minutes. I love true crime, never heard of this one though and stumbled onto it by pure accident. I've been obsessed ever since.