Theories Discussion > General Discussion

If it were possible to use modern forensics on the original scene

(1/4) > >>

Marchesk:
Let's say a modern forensics team could use a time machine to examine the tent, footprints, fire-pit, den and bodies before they were found. Do you think a definitive conclusion would be reached, or are we still left with a mystery and competing theories?

And yes, if you could use a time machine, then saving the hikers lives would come before solving the mystery. But just as a hypothetical, is this case something that could have been solved if it occurred in 2018, by just examining the scene of their deaths?

Certain theories could be confirmed or ruled out, but stuff like infrasound and ball lightning couldn't be without recording equipment during the incident. I don't know about a staged scene.

Armide:
I think that modern forensics would have helped a lot. I mean we've evolved so much I'm pretty sure almost all of the queries of the incident would be solved. The thing is though, I don't even think we need modern forensics, if the political climate hadn't changed, the forensic analyses might have never been released or might have been falsified, no matter how detailed they would have been. I mean we know for a fact that the USSR was closely tied to the investigation after all.

It's so frustrating though, and it does make me wish we did have access to a time machine at least to know what the hell happened to those histological reports that were never released, and perhaps we could've even found out if the tent really was slashed from the inside.

Loose}{Cannon:
For sure!

Example.  There would have been a metric crap-ton of color pictures where things lay....  like the condition of the tent when found and what direction the flashlight was pointing.  Was the flashlight pointed towards where they were going so that they could use it as a navigational aid upon returning?   Guess we will never know!

Marchesk:

--- Quote from: Loose}{Cannon on May 05, 2018, 07:28:39 PM ---Was the flashlight pointed towards where they were going so that they could use it as a navigational aid upon returning?
--- End quote ---

That would have made perfect sense, but the person who found the flashlight said it was turned off. They turned it on to see whether it was still working, and it was.

Loose}{Cannon:
But still.....  no indication as to what direction it was pointing when found.   Yet another undocumented piece of evidence.    bat1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version