March 28, 2024, 01:14:52 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: DNA Results & Semyon Zolotaryov  (Read 4841 times)

July 07, 2018, 10:56:51 PM
Read 4841 times

User45

Good day, first of all I would like to say my thanks to the creators of the original Dyatlov website & Loose canon for maintaining this forum, collecting & publishing information about the cold case. Many creative minds on this forum!

Please do note that I am not that deep in the case as most of your are like Canon and CalzagheChick. I'm still reading and learning about the case and would like to have some questions answered.

What are your thoughts on the DNA results from Semyon Zolotaryov? I am very interested in (if) the research will continue with the Russian Center for Forensic Medical Examination for a more convincingly examination.

So what if it isn't Semyon Zolotaryov thats buried in the Ivanovskoe Cemetery? What theory could be made from this? I have read that Semyon Zolotaryov was a stranger in the group, he was a newcomer who nobody really knew. Lied in his autobiography about particular events in his life. Made a strange statement before leaving his last expedition "The whole world will talk about this expedition."

Why did the body of Semyon Zolotaryov have a tattoo which none of his family members can remember?

Is there any theory on why Semyon Zolotaryov would have been found with Nikolai Thibeaux-Brignolles, Alexander Kolevatov and Lyudmila Dubinina close by?

I think Semyon Zolotaryov played a big role in this but I can not find any motive for it. There was immediate danger which made them leave the tent but also made them return. Did they return because whatever what was causing it had left or ended? Or did they return to the tent knowingly it was their only chance to survive in Russian winter even with the threat still being after them or still there?

What do you think?

July 09, 2018, 10:24:15 PM
Reply #1

CalzagheChick

You give me too much credit. I simply converse a lot. I am not nearly as informed as most of the other active members!

If you want to know where I stand on Semyon's exhumation, I'm not biting the DNA results. I am not putting any stock in the tests simply because every angle seems to have some sort of agenda to push.

I know what I saw. The skull in that grave matched the features of the known photos of Semyon. I trust what I saw for myself in photos of the exhumation. I believe his body is in that grave, DNA testing be damned.

July 10, 2018, 08:03:28 PM
Reply #2

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
He himself was.....   adopted.    grin1
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

July 12, 2018, 05:00:26 PM
Reply #3

cz

What are your thoughts on the DNA results from Semyon Zolotaryov? I am very interested in (if) the research will continue with the Russian Center for Forensic Medical Examination for a more convincingly examination.

So what if it isn't Semyon Zolotaryov thats buried in the Ivanovskoe Cemetery? What theory could be made from this? I have read that Semyon Zolotaryov was a stranger in the group, he was a newcomer who nobody really knew. Lied in his autobiography about particular events in his life. Made a strange statement before leaving his last expedition "The whole world will talk about this expedition."

I am somewhat puzzled by these results too but find it hard to believe that the person in the grave is not the one which is on all the photos preserved from the trip. The similarity is striking. Also teeth and fractures were consistent.

I am skeptical that such an examination will be repeated or continued soon. Opening the grave was only possible because of a disarray in the paperworks if I understand correctly. Although I admit I am interested, Russian regulations usually forbid such intrusions and that is of course reasonable. Research will go on on other frontiers for sure.

Sure he was a recent member of the group but they had a common goal, viz., obtaining a high qualification as ski instructor; besides a genuine interest in the wilderness I assume. As far as his autobiography is concerned: few people would be entirely honest I think. He probably did not anticipate such scrutiny. At any rate, the inconsistencies you mention remain. With this case it is so difficult to tell apart important details from everyday irrelevancies...