March 28, 2024, 04:05:28 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Book "1079"  (Read 92568 times)

November 13, 2022, 06:24:28 AM
Reply #270

Teddy

Administrator
The incident happened in their place of work.
XXI extraordinary congress was in its peak when the Dyatlov group died 27 January - 5 February 1959
Premier Khrushchev was personally contacted by family members of the dead. Unprecedented massive search operation rolled out. The public and families needed answers, the closest to the incident would be punished for negligence as it had happened so many times. This is how the regime is dealing with problems, a human error must to be blamed, not the party.

The Ivdel bosses could have been exposed in the middle of the mess. Body dump is very common psychology when the culprit believes he will be blamed for something he doesn't want to be involved or associated with.

November 13, 2022, 06:29:14 AM
Reply #271

amashilu

Global Moderator
Thank you! Was it okay for people hiking the area to set up their tent in the loggers' place of work? I mean, were there restrictions against that, do you know?

November 13, 2022, 06:57:10 AM
Reply #272

Teddy

Administrator
I see you have the book. Read chapter 20:
Safety rules were very seldom observed in the logging camps: “...Suddenly, ten meters away, explosions began, and lumps of earth and pieces of stumps flew all around me - hurtling up and crashing like a ton of bricks. I threw myself down, curled up, and thought of only one thing – not to be hurt. It turned out that the blasting men usually loaded two or three dozen stumps, then set them on fire all at the same time, and fled themselves. They did not put up any fences or flags, since there were usually the only people in the field. And so they lit up, ran away and suddenly saw me, who had almost entered the zone of explosions on the opposite side from them...”  V.G. Aleksandrovskiy "Notes of a camp doctor"

This is exploration work. They could blow up anti-tank mines at their discretion. In a perfect world they were supposed to cut off the area where they were blowing things up but they never did since this is the end of the world, the endless taiga, uncharted territories.

In case of checking a gamma anomaly, given the limited capabilities, the works might be done with a method borrowed from the practice of the leasing system of excavation of the radioactive ore by the MVD of the USSR in 1945 48: "The works were conducted in the most primitive way – by manual short-hole drilling. Next, blasting out, collecting, and sifting chlopinite (aka hlopinite) – a pitch-black mineral containing uranium. Antimagnetic anti-tank mines weighing up to 5 kg were used as explosives."

Tertychny Vasily Nikolaevich "The first uranium ore of Transbaikalia"
"Overgrown Paths". Secret Expedition. Uranium Enchantment and copper Udokan - Vladimir Zenchenko
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 07:44:37 AM by Teddy »

November 13, 2022, 07:58:31 AM
Reply #273

amashilu

Global Moderator
I did read that, and it certainly rang true about the loggers' carelessness in a wide expanse of unpopulated taiga. I just didn't realize that the hikers had pitched their tent right smack in the area where logging was taking place. Thank you for your responses; it's all very intriguing.

November 13, 2022, 08:25:22 AM
Reply #274

Teddy

Administrator
I did read that, and it certainly rang true about the loggers' carelessness in a wide expanse of unpopulated taiga. I just didn't realize that the hikers had pitched their tent right smack in the area where logging was taking place.

Not loggers but geologist, and this is the phase of exploration, not yet mining.
This metal pipe is lying 200m from the cedar, which everyone saw and didn't notice, because they didn't know what to make of it, put it in a context. Why would a geologist pipe matter?

Also everyone visiting the cedar knows of the fallen tree because it is very comfy to sit on. It is all covered with moss. And no one gave it a second thought. Further left is The cedar, further right is the dead cedar found 6m from the bodies of Krivonischenko and Doroshenko.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 08:30:56 AM by Teddy »

November 13, 2022, 09:07:23 AM
Reply #275

Manti

It only occurred to me just now but wouldn't the girls have slept next to each other instead of opposite sides of the tent?

November 13, 2022, 09:08:57 AM
Reply #276

Manti

Also I've never heard about the metal pipe before. It's quite significant... how was it even taken there? There is no road that leads there, right? What material is it made from? Does it show blast / shrapnel damage?

November 13, 2022, 09:20:49 AM
Reply #277

Teddy

Administrator
Also I've never heard about the metal pipe before. It's quite significant... how was it even taken there? There is no road that leads there, right? What material is it made from? Does it show blast / shrapnel damage?

Everything goes by air. https://dyatlovpass.com/northern-geological-expedition
It won't show shrapnel damage because it is only brought after the blasting. This is the tool cores are extracted with. https://dyatlovpass.com/yuri-yudin#cores

The following users thanked this post: Manti

November 13, 2022, 09:26:43 AM
Reply #278

Teddy

Administrator
It only occurred to me just now but wouldn't the girls have slept next to each other instead of opposite sides of the tent?
Have you seen them next or talking to each other on any photos? They were not especially close. And also grouping hikers by gender goes against the communist spirit of equality between sexes. All I know is that this order was not created to fit our theory but what their contemporaries thought was the sleep layout. It doesn't matter for our theory so I don't argue.

The following users thanked this post: Manti

November 13, 2022, 10:23:45 AM
Reply #279

Teddy

Administrator
Rescuers also used pipes, and of a fair size:

This is a chimney, very different from a drilling pipe.

I am not sure of anything. I haven't seen the pipe myself but after hearing my theory researchers started coming up with strange findings that might be important. If you are right the scaffolding maybe be still around. Thank you for the idea what to look for.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 10:32:47 AM by Teddy »

November 13, 2022, 02:20:15 PM
Reply #280

Star man

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Hi folks,

Has anyone examine the fallen tree to understand why it fell?  Was it uprooted or did the truck split, or were there any cut marks on the trunk?  I think that would be interesting to understand.

Regards

Star man

November 13, 2022, 08:14:24 PM
Reply #281

Teddy

Administrator
Has anyone examine the fallen tree to understand why it fell?  Was it uprooted or did the truck split, or were there any cut marks on the trunk?  I think that would be interesting to understand.

Uprooted

The following users thanked this post: Star man

November 13, 2022, 11:03:10 PM
Reply #282

Ehtnisba

Another bothersome thing is why in so many English translations from the case files there is a part of "skin found on the bark of the cedar"

I have translated the case files myself and there is no such thing.
The only place this is mentioned is Ivanov's "Mystery of the fireballs" which is written 30 years after the incident to get attention back to a cold case and he points towards extraterrestrial sources. This is what his guilty conscious about botched work amounted to: 
"On the bark of the tree there were frozen (it’s scary to even say it!) their skin of their inner thighs and scraps of underwear."

BTW, I am curious, where did you see the case files translated? To find, transcribe and translate took me years, please let me know if you have more credible sources so I can correct my publications:
Dyatlov Pass Case files volume 1
Dyatlov Pass Classified Case Files volume 2
May 1959 Radiograms
CPSU Special Reports
Maslennikov notebook 1
Maslennikov notebook 2
Weather report Burmantovo February 1959
G.K. Grigoriev "Snowstorm in the Mountains" - 1
G.K. Grigoriev "Snowstorm in the Mountains" - 2
G.K. Grigoriev "Snowstorm in the Mountains" - 3

Hi Teddy I am more interested in the answer of my first question about the ski pole present on the pictures and neighter of you with Manti paid attention to it. Is there a chance to speak on it.
For the skin is my bad memory and mixing up sources.
Let's keep to my main question which is bypassed for some reasons.
" I noticed my question already posed by another user but couldn't find an answer. The question is about the ski pole visible in the right on picture where they dig the snow (for labaz or tent). In the pictures where searchers are squating next to the tent that same ski pole is at least visibly staying in its same place as on the pics from the hikers. This is what bugs me about the staged tent. This ski pole was used against the avalanche theory many times."

Thank you!
Homo homini lupus est!

November 14, 2022, 07:24:50 AM
Reply #283

Manti

I didn't ignore this but I didn't write anything because I just don't know. I don't know what they are doing on the photo. They aren't digging a labaz because the previous day they wrote in the diary that it's unthinkable to set up a labaz in the open windy snowfields, although the area they were in that day was a bit to the East but the tent site (where it was found), is even worse.

So maybe they are setting up a tent? But then the fallen tree theory is already out of question. Or maybe they have already been the victim of an avalanche, while skiing, and they are trying to dig someone out?

Regarding the ski pole, is it really the same one and in the same position? I had the impression that the skis and ski poles on the photo from the search are the searcher's equipment that they placed there when they set about to dig out the tent. If you are right and it's the Dyatlov group's ski pole, then again both the staged tent and also the avalanche theories are out of question and we're back to square one. Although, nothing wrong with that.

----

I want to add that personally I have a problem with the tent being set up on the slope, not because I believe in the staged scene theory, but because I don't think it was a suitable site to camp. I know this is not convincing to many people but based on my experience in somewhat similar places and weather, and adding in the fact that they weren't properly equipped, they didn't have sleeping bags, didn't have a waterproof tent (which matters because if its above 0C in the tent, the snow falling on it will melt and the last thing you want is wet blankets because of the dripping meltwater), didn't even have coats appropriate for the weather, didn't have enough drinking water with them, enough firewood for the stove to last the night, etc etc... I think it was borderline unsurvivable just to camp there.

The forest helps dampen the wind, and windchill matters a lot. It gives firewood and the streams provide drinking water. This was either their first night (on this trip) camping outside the forest and they paid for this decision dearly, or I don't know how the tent got there...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 07:34:59 AM by Manti »

November 14, 2022, 02:15:28 PM
Reply #284

Star man

Uprooted

Thanks Teddy.  It all seems to fit together.  So does this mean that the cedar was the actual camp site?  The tent was pitched close by it, and the fallen tree landed on top of the tent?

Regards

Star man

November 14, 2022, 05:53:57 PM
Reply #285

Manti

So does this mean that the cedar was the actual camp site?  The tent was pitched close by it, and the fallen tree landed on top of the tent?

Regards

Star man
Read the book to find out!  lol4

November 14, 2022, 10:36:52 PM
Reply #286

Teddy

Administrator
I noticed my question already posed by another user but couldn't find an answer.
No idea what are you talking about. You need to either cite or repeat what the question is.

The question is about the ski pole visible in the right on picture where they dig the snow (for labaz or tent). In the pictures where searchers are squating next to the tent that same ski pole is at least visibly staying in its same place as on the pics from the hikers. This is what bugs me about the staged tent. This ski pole was used against the avalanche theory many times.
I guess you are referring to these two photos, I see the following ski poles, and I still don't know what you questions is.
Which pole? Is it the same pole? I have no comment why skiers thrust their ski poles upside down in the snow. Maybe because this is the only way they can stand. Remember that the photo of the searchers is made 2 days after it was found. The tent has already been handled a lot.
I do not see anything to comment on because I don't see anything out of place.

The following users thanked this post: Ehtnisba

November 17, 2022, 12:57:30 PM
Reply #287

Star man

Yup did that.  I din't remember it saying that the tent was set near the cedar.  Its been a while since I read it though.

Regards

Star man

So does this mean that the cedar was the actual camp site?  The tent was pitched close by it, and the fallen tree landed on top of the tent?

Regards

Star man
Read the book to find out!  lol4
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 01:11:27 PM by Teddy »

November 17, 2022, 07:41:08 PM
Reply #288

Manti

Wait, there are multiple books. I mean Teddy + Igor Pavlov's book. The whole premise is that the tent was in the forest.

November 18, 2022, 10:46:02 AM
Reply #289

Teddy

Administrator
Have you seen them next or talking to each other on any photos? They were not especially close. And also grouping hikers by gender goes against the communist spirit of equality between sexes. All I know is that this order was not created to fit our theory but what their contemporaries thought was the sleep layout. It doesn't matter for our theory so I don't argue.

I have to recount my statement. Found a diary entry from January 28 where Lyuda (not signed but it can't be anyone else) saying:
"The further section is occupied by me and Zina. Nobody wants to sleep by the stove. We agree that Yurka Kri will sleep there. On the other side sleeps the person on duty (Aleksander Kolevatov). Yurka couldn't stand the heat and after laying down for 1-2 min, he got up and moved to the second section cursing and accusing us of treason." Criminal case. Copy of Dyatlov group diary

I am citing here all the places I found where something about the order in which the items in the tent were found. You can draw your own conclusions. In our theory the items were not even left by the hikers themselves, but the book is following the evidence as it was found. If you consider our version all the evidence need to be revised with new eyes.

"The strongest and most experienced Dyatlov and Zolotaryov lie, as always, at the sides, in the coldest and most uncomfortable places. Dyatlov is at the far end of the four-meter tent, Zolotaryov is at the entrance. I think next to Zolotaryov lay Lyuda Dubinina, then Kolya Thibeaux-Brignolle, Rustik Slobodin. I don’t know who was in the center and beyond, but the four guys at the entrance, I think, lay that way." They died with dignity - Interview with M.A. Akselrod

"At the far end of the tent were found: bag with maps and documents and Dyatlov camera, tin box with money, Kolmogorova diary. Next lay Dyatlov and Kolevatov jackets." Case file 34

"Dyatlov belongings were discovered at the very end of the tent (a field bag containing money, documents, diaries, a camera, etc. After that lay Slobodin and Kolevatov I think, because there were found their belongings." Case file 315

« Last Edit: November 18, 2022, 10:53:05 AM by Teddy »

The following users thanked this post: Ehtnisba, Manti

November 18, 2022, 03:36:14 PM
Reply #290

Star man

Yes that's right.   Teddy and Igor's book makes sense and imo it fits the available information in the case files.  Just on the balance of probability alone the chances that the tent/camp was set up on Kholat is very low.  The narrative that people were suppose to believe  is that the group left the tent in a panic and proceeded down the mountain where they perished.  Several of the group mysteriously dying as a result of massive trauma.  We are led to believe that they were feeing a potential avalanche or slab slide.  But the cover up is sloppy.  The front of the tent is still standing when found, yet there are cuts and tears near the entrance.  Inside the tent the scene is one of calm, apart from the boots which are piled.  The foot prints show an orderly decent.  Then later we are expected to believe that several of the group suffer massive coincident traumas.  I have studied the physics of the injuries and they require huge forces.  It is unlikely that those injured could have been moved very far following the injuries, yet there is no obvious means by which the traumas could have been sustained where the bodies were discovered.

A more likely scenario is that there was one significant event that resulted in all the major traumas simultaneously, the same event damaged the tent, causing tears whilst also trapping the occupants inside.   Those trapped but with less injuries cut the tent to escape.  It is likely that they left the tent in a state of shock and panic.  If they ran from the tent into the darkness, they may have become disoriented and might not have been able to find the tent again when they came to their senses   a falling tree is about the only thing around that could have caused those traumas.

Regards
Star man

Wait, there are multiple books. I mean Teddy + Igor Pavlov's book. The whole premise is that the tent was in the forest.

The following users thanked this post: Teddy

November 21, 2022, 08:23:38 PM
Reply #291

Ziljoe

That is to say, local Ivdel authorities, authorities of Sverdlovsk and the higher state authorities conspired to make an accident look like an accident? According to your theory, dear Teodora, it was an accident - not a nuclear accident but a tree falling in winter in the taiga, and the prosecutors received the order from Urakov and a higher level to close the case and "to tell the families it was an accident"? The higher authorities had to give the order to tell to the families that a tree falling in the taiga was an accident? And the state authorities hid that truth during 60 years?

Is it correct?

I still don't understand how NKVD/KGB/MVD executives ruling a 15,000 inmates forced labor camps complex could be threatened by the accidental death of hikers under a fallen tree in the taiga.

And how could these executives be so unable to correctly assess the strength of their positions, given the fact that in the end they were backed by the whole system and not sacked? For them, the system made a forgery of the resolution to close the case... Do you really think that Prodanov, V.A. Ivanov, Grachev, etc. were so unaware of their precise position in the social hierarchy of their time? Because in the end, your own theory has to take into account this fact, they were actually untouchable. Wasn't it easier just to sack a foreman or any low rank scapegoat and forget about the incident?

I Think you will need to read the book to get the context Charles.

You , yourself have given examples of fear, intimidation , murder , citizens being beaten to death, burned and whatever else etc by indigenous population, various factions , prisoners, guards, KGB all carrying out murders from historical events because psychologicaly they are a band of brothers?

Surely this is a contradiction by you. If there was some suspected accident , and if someone , or a group of people were found to be responsible or even just suspected of being at fault by people above,then, they would be fully aware of the out come of the gulags and their own fates. Broken ribs by a hammer, ski boots, thrown in a hole , cutting wood for 14 hours a day and all the other things you list. You don't get sacked remember....but others getting thrown into the gulags for sneezing.

However Charles, this again raises another contradiction.

You say, "I still don't understand how NKVD/KGB/MVD executives ruling a 15,000 inmates forced labor camps complex could be threatened by the accidental death of hikers under a fallen tree in the taiga.

And

And how could these executives be so unable to correctly assess the strength of their positions, given the fact that in the end they were backed by the whole system and not sacked? For them, the system made a forgery of the resolution to close the case... Do you really think that Prodanov, V.A. Ivanov, Grachev, etc. were so unaware of their precise position in the social hierarchy of their time? Because in the end, your own theory has to take into account this fact, they were actually untouchable. Wasn't it easier just to sack a foreman or any low rank scapegoat.

But you then imply that 10 people, (9 of them students) could intimidate the NVKD/KGB/MVD so they would have to chase after the group from a meeting in a train station , linked to a murder , sometime in the past of one of the students relatives , plan to make the tourists get only one horse so they would be slowed down( although you blamed dyatlov for being incompetent at one point for being slow and useless leader).

Hang on pause.......yeah ,then there was love making and sexual tension , tent smelling like a foxes den etc.

The bad guys chasing the dyatlov group were, hired, or was it Mansi , prisoners or gaurds. ????  I think you said someone took a hammer to break the ribs, or was it a ski boot, plus I think you said rocks. You said rocks could of caused the injuries Charles. The autopsy said blunt objects like a rock but you disagreed.

Oh ,and you haven't finished the bit about all the patterns of how the bodies were laid out in lines, I'd love to hear that bit get concluded

You have portrayed the Urals to be like some death zone for human existence , with 3 character's running the show .

You have become incoherent and self contradicting.  Youre throwing random ideas from all directions, we all change our mind a bit and I welcome reading ideas. But f£&# me mate , keep off the green fairy.....

November 22, 2022, 05:49:21 AM
Reply #292

Teddy

Administrator
Code of Criminal Procedure of 1923 in force at the time of the events.
It's in Russian. This is in my To Do list to translate and publish.

The following users thanked this post: Ehtnisba

November 23, 2022, 08:47:06 AM
Reply #293

GlennM

In science, there are many theories, few laws.  Science can proceed by two thought processes, induction and deduction. In induction, the reasoning is as follows," This swan is white. Therefore, all swans are white". In deduction ," Every swan I've seen is white. The next swan will therefore also be white."  Too, theories are the result, not the precursor of scientific investigation.  The precursor is a hypothesis ( hypo = under thesis= idea) . It is usually presented as an  if-then arguement. For example , " if a tree fell on the tent, then the tent will have tree debris on it".  It is essential that any hypothesis must be both testable and falsifiable. This is why people can only believe in God or gods.  It can not be proven. There is no test a God nor the gods  has to take. Theories are accepted because the hypothesis can be tested by the most sophisticated intellectual construct, an experiment, not a demonstration. Theories are malleable,  meaning we will accept it until it is demonstrably shown to be wrong, not just talked away.

With regard to the DPI, I suggest that instead of this " glowing weak link in a chain" language, investigators must direct our thoughts to advancing testable hypotheses and then test them. We will all benefit from the results. We are not using dialectics as evidence, nor are we seeking Platonic ideals.

Teddy and her associates  are more correct. They explore, discover, hypothesize, then theorize. The truth is that in order to bring closure to the DPI, a theory was advanced too early in time.  Now, we all are essentially doing verbal and physical damage control, but not proposing, nor more importantly  testing  hypotheses.  Why? Spending an idle hour on the forum is pleasurable. Doing actual science is work and expensive. As such, knowing our collective limitations, there should be less of your highness rhetoric from members and more humility in the face of the unknown.

December 02, 2022, 08:27:18 PM
Reply #294

GlennM

Your habits become your character. Your character becomes your destiny.

December 05, 2022, 07:33:21 AM
Reply #295

amashilu

Global Moderator
As Teddy proposes in the book, the bodies were found and flown to hospital in Ivdel, where they were washed and set aside, waiting for someone to sound the alarm about missing people, since at that point the hospital personnel did not know who they were.

The nurse who washed the bodies said repeatedly that:
1) the bodies were very dirty, and
2) they sent someone out to buy new clothes for the corpses.

To me, this means that they had cut the clothes off the bodies, common procedure in handling such cases. Later, after learning the identity of the bodies and the method by which they died, someone panicked, took the new clothes back off the corpses, and did their best to put the original clothes back on. This created the very weird exchange of clothes found later on the bodies, since the re-dressers could not of course remember who had been wearing what.

There were also odds and ends of clothing found all over the slope. It could be that the people who returned the bodies to the scene carried along a stack of clothing, cut and not-cut, and did not succeed in getting all the pieces back on the bodies.

This accounts as well for some cut pieces on the bodies; I believe Lyudmila was wearing one cut-off sweater sleeve on one leg (described as neatly cut, as with a knife or scissors, which the DY group did not have available).

Even if the proposal of a tree falling on the group is not embraced, this scenario does explain the clothing problem.

Also, do the bodies appear particularly dirty to you, in the "found" pictures, or could they possibly have already been cleaned and then put back? After another few weeks in the snow, they would be somewhat dirty, but not necessarily as dirty as the nurse repeatedly said.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 03:13:24 PM by amashilu »

December 11, 2022, 02:37:39 AM
Reply #296

Teddy

Administrator
I am citing here all the places I found where something about the order in which the items in the tent were found.

Yuri Yarovoy "The highest category of difficulty":
The expert (Churkina or Mihaylova according to Почемучка) was interested in the curtain - this is what we called the sheet at the entrance of the tent. “Why is it there? It's in the way when entering…”
Yuri Yudin: I explained to her that we had two departments: the far one was for men, and at the entrance it was for girls...
----------------
Эксперта интересовал полог — это мы так называли простыню у входа палатки. «Зачем она? Она ведь мешает входить…»
Я ей объяснил, что у нас было два отделения: дальнее — мужское, а у входа — для девушек…
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 02:42:46 AM by Teddy »

December 12, 2022, 06:10:44 PM
Reply #297

Ehtnisba

I noticed my question already posed by another user but couldn't find an answer.
No idea what are you talking about. You need to either cite or repeat what the question is.

The question is about the ski pole visible in the right on picture where they dig the snow (for labaz or tent). In the pictures where searchers are squating next to the tent that same ski pole is at least visibly staying in its same place as on the pics from the hikers. This is what bugs me about the staged tent. This ski pole was used against the avalanche theory many times.
I guess you are referring to these two photos, I see the following ski poles, and I still don't know what you questions is.
Which pole? Is it the same pole? I have no comment why skiers thrust their ski poles upside down in the snow. Maybe because this is the only way they can stand. Remember that the photo of the searchers is made 2 days after it was found. The tent has already been handled a lot.
I do not see anything to comment on because I don't see anything out of place.

Thank you Teddy,
My question is why the ski pole which is visible in the hikers photograph (as circled in red) seems to me that is in the same position and makes me assume it is the same pole visible in the searchers pictures (the right hand red circle , back of the tent).
Somebody before me saw this pictures as I saw them - showing undisturbed ski pole pictured both from hikers and searchers and if this is true what is your idea about it concerning the theory of a staged tent. Maybe we see sameness where there is none, but it is a method of positioning the poles . You already has answered this , so I  am clarifying the question in case you would like to share how do you see the said pole pictures - as same pole in same place or coincidential look alike due to how poles have been used and placed at exact points. Modern tents are with exact pitch points so even moved you have no choice but to repeat the pattern of ropes and poles.

I am waiting eagerly the results from the tin, and don't want to disturb you with useless explanation if all you know is already in the quotation above.
Best wishes,
Greeny
Homo homini lupus est!

December 12, 2022, 10:33:57 PM
Reply #298

Teddy

Administrator
seems to me

How can you tell it is the same pole? This is how poles are wedged in snow.

January 25, 2023, 06:22:37 AM
Reply #299

Missi

I do have a question (although I'm not quite sure, if you already provided an answer, I didn't find as of yet).

I really like the book, you and Igor wrote. I've just read it for the second time. One thing, I find is missing in your theory, is the radioactive traces that were found on the clothes of some hikers. How did you think, those came to be?
I have seen the theory discussed about KOH in the forum and I like it a lot. But I was interesting in what was your theory about it at the time the book was published?

And while I get the chance: Thank you for this great collection of resources and the work you put into translating the Russian original documents for us non-Russian-speaking folks to read.