April 18, 2024, 08:10:50 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Settlement 70  (Read 7175 times)

February 28, 2021, 10:20:15 AM
Read 7175 times

Saltyseadog

Can someone please give me the location of Settlement 70.

February 28, 2021, 10:38:07 AM
Reply #1

Teddy

Administrator
Can someone please give me the location of Settlement 70.

Give us the context, where did you read about such settlement?
What happened in Settlement 70?

March 02, 2021, 04:16:21 AM
Reply #2

Saltyseadog

Just a follow up on research I'm doing. Nothing at the moment I would just like to know its location. I am sorting out all the military units in the area. ie Unit 6602C stationed in Ivdel, Vizhay - unit 6602 (?) base camp, was there a unit on the Ushma river? and was there a unit at Burmantovo or just north of there? At the moment though I would like to know if anyone has this information on the location of Settlement 70. (ie Settlement 41 - logging, Settlement 42 - mining, Settlement 70? and location)

March 04, 2021, 08:17:33 AM
Reply #3

Teddy

Administrator
What do you know, today I was translating and sorting some loose notes from Maslennikov and I came across District 70 (same as Settlement 70).
https://dyatlovpass.com/maslennikov-notebook-2#loosepages7
I asked Igor Pavlov about it and here is a detailed map he sent me. https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/District-70.zip
I also added it on my Google map. Note that Slesarev was from District 70, but he talked with Dyatlov in Vizhay on Jan 26.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 08:53:28 AM by Teddy »

March 04, 2021, 08:28:40 AM
Reply #4

ash73

Hi Teddy, that map is very interesting, is the purple line their planned route? Was that documented somewhere, or derived?

You've got them going East of 805, North to 611?

March 04, 2021, 09:16:29 AM
Reply #5

Teddy

Administrator
This is their project plan. It is very thoroughly explained in our book. For anybody that is doing a research the book is invaluable.
If you click on the Look inside you will see some maps we intentionally put at the begining of the book. This includes the step by step map following the trek plan written by Dyatlov.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VF5Y5SZ/

March 04, 2021, 03:12:34 PM
Reply #6

ash73

Thanks Teddy, I've just bought the book (pdf) looking forward to reading it!

March 07, 2021, 11:12:05 AM
Reply #7

Saltyseadog

Just saw it, thanks Teddy, clears up a few things. We can accept that the 41st is in District 70 as it is on the eastern side of the Losva?

March 08, 2021, 09:32:32 AM
Reply #8

Teddy

Administrator
Just saw it, thanks Teddy, clears up a few things. We can accept that the 41st is in District 70 as it is on the eastern side of the Losva?

District 41 and District 70 are two different settlements.

March 16, 2021, 11:19:35 AM
Reply #9

Saltyseadog

Teddy then I dont understand your map. Where are the boundaries, approx of District 70?, and where is base camp, Settlement 70? Also I note in your book 1079 you state, Nikolay Anyamov lived in Ushma. I was not aware of this , as in his statement he states Suevat Paul. His son Valeriy was the one interviewed on 1st Channel . My point being did the family move here after the Dyatlov affair? I am delving into the mansi statements further because of the inconsistencies as I am sure this is where the answer lies. Also there was a mansi Anyamov yurt in the Upper Toshemka, do you know who lived here?

March 16, 2021, 11:48:00 AM
Reply #10

Teddy

Administrator
Teddy then I dont understand your map. Where are the boundaries, approx of District 70?, and where is base camp, Settlement 70? Also I note in your book 1079 you state, Nikolay Anyamov lived in Ushma. I was not aware of this , as in his statement he states Suevat Paul. His son Valeriy was the one interviewed on 1st Channel . My point being did the family move here after the Dyatlov affair? I am delving into the mansi statements further because of the inconsistencies as I am sure this is where the answer lies. Also there was a mansi Anyamov yurt in the Upper Toshemka, do you know who lived here?

District 70 and Settlement 70 is the same thing. I provided a big map where it is spelled and circled. It is too big to display in the browser - you need to download it. Here is the link again. https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/District-70.zip
The base camp is nowhere near District 70 (aka Settlement 70)

Regarding Anyamov - you can check your information with the Whois database: https://dyatlovpass.com/whois
In the book it says "Valeriy Anyamov, who resided in the Ushma settlement, said that his father, Nikolay Vasilyevich Anyamov, took part in the search."
If you are referring to another place in the book pleace quote what do you need more information about.

March 17, 2021, 11:00:59 AM
Reply #11

Saltyseadog

p232 is this a mistake or correct " at the Anyamov yurt at the Nth Toshemka" ?  then Pavel Bahtiyarov lives 20km north of the Bahtiyarovs yurt at the north Toshemka river.  Just following this detail up.
Yes I see about Valeriy, my mistake, that means Anyamovs were at Ushma in 1959? during hike. I am looking for info on this as there is little research and talk about it. But I think it important.
Also Andrey Anyamov in his statement (case files 230-231) indicates there were two mansi hunting parties in the area at the end of january - start of february " When we arrived from the hunt back to the village of Suvat-Paul other Mansi said that they saw tracks of narrow skis of hikers that went to the Urals on some kind of expedition. I can not add anything else."

March 17, 2021, 12:44:05 PM
Reply #12

Teddy

Administrator
Find on this map circled Anyamov's yurts (izbas) on North Toshemka.
https://dyatlovpass.com/resources/340/North-Toshemka-yurts.zip

They are marked in the Route map in our book.

March 18, 2021, 12:12:26 PM
Reply #13

Saltyseadog

Teddy thank you for the information

March 20, 2021, 02:22:00 PM
Reply #14

Saltyseadog

Teddy you state Valeriy Anyamovs  father is Nikolay Vasilyevich whom also participated in the search for the Dyatlovs. I was of the understanding his father is Nikolay Pavlovich and this is the person whom participated in the search. Can you please confirm if I have the wrong person or is this the same person.

March 21, 2021, 05:38:39 AM
Reply #15

Teddy

Administrator
Teddy you state Valeriy Anyamovs  father is Nikolay Vasilyevich whom also participated in the search for the Dyatlovs. I was of the understanding his father is Nikolay Pavlovich and this is the person whom participated in the search. Can you please confirm if I have the wrong person or is this the same person.

Both Nikolay Vasilyevich Anyamov and Nikolay Pavlovich Anyamov went on a search in 1959 with Kurikov and Nevolin search party.
Nikolay Vasilievich Anyamov is the father of Valeriy Anyamov.
More information:
https://dyatlovpass.com/whois
https://dyatlovpass.com/in-a-country-of-mysterious-signs

March 22, 2021, 03:51:03 PM
Reply #16

Saltyseadog

Ok, much appreciated. I get it. And the Nikolay Vasilyevich family first lived in Suevat Paul. Valery moved to the Ushma settlement.
Sorry for all the questions, just sorting the families out.
But he is not listed in the Kurikov search group?? Not mentioned as a part of any group!
23 February         
Egor Semyonovich Nevolin   Егор Семёнович Неволин   radioman
Stepan Kurikov   Степан Куриков   Mansi shaman
Kurikov   Куриков   Mansi
Kurikov   Куриков   Mansi
Nikolay Anyamov   Николай Анямов   Mansi
Petr Bahtiyarov   Петр Бахтияров   Mansi
Please correct me if I am wrong because in his statement in the case files Nikolay Pavlovich states 'we' (Anyamov's plural) went to help in the search but I couldn't validate this unless he meant other mansi from Suevat Paul ie the Kurikovs.

March 23, 2021, 08:42:05 AM
Reply #17

Teddy

Administrator
The list you quote is an old one and I have reviewed all the Mansi listings on the site with the help of Igor Pavlov.
These pages now contain the correct lists:
https://dyatlovpass.com/in-a-country-of-mysterious-signs
https://dyatlovpass.com/rescuers#groups

Anyamov Aleksander Prokopyevich
Anyamov Aleksey Alekseevich (41)
Anyamov Andrey Alekseevich (21) son of Aleksey Alekseevich
Anyamov Andrey Alekseevich (58) brother to Aleksey Alekseevich - Маr 23, 1959 (Case files 230-231), (Maslennikov notes)
Anyamov Konstantin Tseskin
Anyamov Nikolay Pavlovich (23) - Apr 2, 1959 (Case files 261-262), (Maslennikov notes)
Anyamova-Bahtiyarova Elizaveta Nikolaevna
Anyamov Nikolay Vasilyevich (30) - according to his son Valeriy*, in 1959 - lived in the village of Suevat Paul and took part in the Kurikov and Nevolin search group.
Anyamova (Nomina) Fеkla Ivanovna
Anyamova (Bahtiyarova nee Pelikova) Aleksandra Vasiliyevna
Anyamov Prokopiy Vasiliyevich
Anyamov Pyotr
Anyamov Saveliy Pavlovich
Anyamova (Sambindalova) Darya Petrovna
Anyamova Agafya Gavrilovna

* The participation of Nikolay Vasilyevich Anyamov in the search is only supported by his son's  Valeriy words. The only explanation is that Bahtiyarov Timofey Egorovich was listed by mistake and it was Nikolay Pavlovich Anyamov in his place. Mansi were recruited for (500 rubles per day), it was more logical for Stepan Nikolaevich Kurikov, who was married to Nikolay Vasilyevich Anyamov's sister, to take a relative with him, and not some Bakhtiyarov, but this is just a speculations to explain Valeriy Anyamov's words. After all the only paper trail we have for the Mansi involvement is this the cover of Maslennikov's notebook (shown at the bottom).

Bahtiyarov Aleksander Prokopyevich
Bahtiyarov Dmitry Prokopyevich
Bahtiyarov Evgeniy Vasiliyevich
Bahtiyarov Ilya Ivanovich
Bahtiyarov Kirill Vasiliyevich
Bahtiyarov Nikita Vladimirovich (30) Case files 82-83, he has sister Nina
Bahtiyarov Nikolay Nikolaevich
Bahtiyarov Nikolay Yakimovich (29) Case files 84-85
Bahtiyarov Pavel Prokopyevich
Bahtiyarov Pavel Vasilievich (60) Case files 223
Bahtiyarov Petr Yakimovich (34) Case files 225-226, Nikolay and Petr are brothers
Bahtiyarov Prokopiy Savelyevich (17) Case files 86-87
Bahtiyarov SSergey Savelyevich (21) Case files 224, Sergey and Prokopiy are brothers
Bahtiyarov Timofey Egorovich was mentioned in Maslennikov notes as a member of the Kurikov and Nevolin search group, but his participation has not been confirmed.
Bahtiyarov Timofey Prokopyevich
Bahtiyarov Vladimir Vasiliyevich
Bahtiyarova (Pelikova) Varvara Kuzminichna
Bahtiyarova (Sambindalova) Varvara Kuzminichna
Bahtiyarova Antonida Mihaylovna
Bahtiyarova Katerina Yakimovna
Bahtiyarova Maria Prokopyevna
Bahtiyarova Nina Vladimirovna
Bahtiyarova Sonya/Sofya Prokopyevna
Bahtiyarova Tatyana Alekseevna

Kurikov Stepan Nikolaevich - shaman, leader of a rescue group Feb 23, 1959
Kurikov Grigoriy Nikolaevich - deputy of the Ivdel City Council, interpreter in the interrogations, Stepan's brother (Case files 232)
Kurikov Nikolay Stepanovich - Stepan's son from his first wife
Kurikova (Anyamova) Praskovya Vasilyevna - Stepan's wife, sister of the sister of Nikolay Vasiliyevich Anyamov
Kurikova Maria Yakovlevna - Grigoriy Nikolaevich Kurikov's wife

« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 12:46:01 PM by Teddy »

March 23, 2021, 12:07:33 PM
Reply #18

Saltyseadog

Thankyou, yes the logic makes sense. Another important couple of questions.
Who were the 5 Bahtiyarovs taken into custody and interrogated for days by police?
I know A.A.Anyamov junior disappeared and was not interviewed as part of the casefiles. Stepan Kurikovs son or nephew was handed into police by Stepan for murder. Did the Kurikov murder the younger Anyamov and another woman. Is this story true? And if so what happened to him?

March 23, 2021, 12:40:19 PM
Reply #19

Teddy

Administrator
Who were the 5 Bahtiyarovs taken into custody and interrogated for days by police?

I have next to the names links to the testimonies.

Stepan Kurikovs son or nephew was handed into police by Stepan for murder. Did the Kurikov murder the younger Anyamov and another woman. Is this story true? And if so what happened to him?

This is all I know about the incident: https://dyatlovpass.com/whois#nskurikov

April 01, 2021, 12:48:46 PM
Reply #20

Saltyseadog

Sorry about all the questions but I am working on the mansi coverup and involvement in the murders.
Do you know of any Bahtiyarov relatives of Pyotr that lived in Suevat Paul? I know of one Aunt Nina only.
It is suspicious that Pyotr and Nikolay, his brother arrived in Burmantovo on 7/2 (Mokrushin sheet 221-222) went up to Suevat Paul to visit relatives. I have a plan map of Suevat Paul that doesnt list any Bahtiyarovs living there, (Borzenkov 2013). That could mean that one of the Bahtiyarov girls were married to one of the other families in Suevat Paul.
What is concerning is Andrey Anyamovs statement (sheet 230) that on returning from the hunt in late January, early February other mansi in Suevat Paul had told him they also saw narrow ski tracks on the Auspiya. Was this Pyotr?
In the Dyatlov diaries we have the group following a fresh mansi trail so this either means there was a group of mansi ahead of and also behind the Dyatlovs (Anyamov hunting party) when they entered the Auspiya, and of course no one saw the hikers or Anyamov is lying (which I doubt).
Who was Pyotr visiting in early February, his sick uncle lived in Burmantovo, the criminal investiation was opened officially on 6/2 so had the Anyamovs actually come across something on their hunt? They discussed this back in their village, so everyone knew this after their return and Pyotr was there in early February (Pyotr subsequently states he never knew of the deaths until the end of February when the Helicopter flew into their yurts). He must have known yet he doesnt even mention going to Suevat Paul in his statement but states he was in Burmantovo in mid February. Pyotr is covering up as both Mokrushin and Pyotrs brother Nikolay (sheet 85) state Pyotr went up to Suevat Paul. Nikolay states after 10/2 but this doesnt agree with Mokrushins date but in any case it puts Pyotr in Suevat Paul in the second week of February.
Did the Anyamovs find the bodies and report the incident prior to returning to their village, Pyotr had to go up there to sort things out being an elder in the family.
The Kurikovs were up there also, Andrey Anyamov (younger) was subsequently murdered by Stepan Kurikovs nephew? and Stepan handed his nephew into police. Grigory Kurikov acted as interpreter for Andrey Anyamov (senior) and would have been able to pass on everything Andrey spoke of in his statement.
Isnt this whole area of concern ,or is it just coincidence I doubt?? 
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 10:26:57 AM by Saltyseadog »

April 01, 2021, 03:02:41 PM
Reply #21

Saltyseadog

As an addendum to this I discovered in Nikita Bahtiyarov statement his sister (Nina) lives in a yurt on the upper Vizhay, not Suevat Paul , "Answering the questions at hand. I learned that they are looking for the hikers on 21 or 22/II-59 and at this time I was in Bahtiyarovs yurt in the upper Vizhay. I arrived there on 20 or 21/II-59 at my sister's Nina Bahtiyarova." (case file 82-83)
My question is this the same Nina and if so is an outright lie by Pyotr!!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 10:24:27 AM by Saltyseadog »

April 01, 2021, 03:28:34 PM
Reply #22

Manti

I have to say, great work piecing the statements together. I look forward to reading more about the Mansi involvement theory.

April 02, 2021, 08:18:25 AM
Reply #23

Saltyseadog

Thanks Manti, I have done an expose and and posted elsewhere but truly believe Pyotr Bahtiyarovs family are covering for him. Several Bahtiyarovs died in unusual circumstances, one even hanging himself after the incident.
The main push is that some of his family said he was away hunting, others state because of his TB he was unable to hunt and do very little yet he managed to go to Burmantovo on 7/2 (note date) with his brother Nikolay then up to Suevat Paul by himself as Nikolay stayed in Burmatovo to tend to deer herd there.
The Anyamovs were returning from their hunt on the Losva / Auspiya valleys at this time so they would have met in Suevat Paul.
They just had to!!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 10:22:52 AM by Saltyseadog »