Theories Discussion > General Discussion

6 People on the slope

(1/5) > >>

Osi:
 In the loose photo, 5 people are digging a place for the tent on the slope. All items and ski equipment are left just above the tent. In the next similar photo, the things have started to be covered with snow, and there is an impression of snow but warm weather. Zina who took the picture. 2 Yuri, Dyatlov, Rustem and Kolove are in the pit. Where are the other 3 people, lyudmila, Semyon ,tibo. Presumably, they were assigned to go down to the valley to collect wood, to need toilets and to supply water at 17 o'clock at the time of the excavation of the tent site. The fact that Semyon is on his camera, his sheltered clothes and boots are incompatible with the other 6 people who left the tent in panic. The tent is set up, the goods are taken into the tent and the rusks are divided into the middle for dinner. Wet clothes are removed. It's starting to get dark. No one returned from the 3 people in the valley. 2 people who try to get water from the stream and want to cross, slip and fall from 3-5 meters into the rocky valley and are injured. The third person comes to the forest border and cries for help towards the slope. Hearing the voices, the group deceived by the warm weather 1 hour ago and before they could open the tent entrance, they cut the tent and run towards the valley. Leave a lit lantern on the tent and solve the problem in the valley, come back in half an hour. When we went down to the valley, it was understood that the situation was dire. 2 yuri procured firewood from the cedar. While Dyatlov was cutting the fir saplings, rustem and Zinaida dug a shelter. Of course, the hypothermia effect came to a critical level at this time. The fire did not get stronger. Kolovetov and Semyon remained at the head of the wounded in the ravine.2 Yuri weak fire could not resist much. The timing of death was pretty close for all of them. Even if the chest traumas in the valley were not due to the fall. It must be expected that the snow mass moving as a result of the snowmelt will break the unthawed frozen bodies in the direction of the lower valley and sweep them into the stream.

GlennM:
Osi, I like your new hypothesis. Six to rescue three which goes bad. The sticking points are that a rescue party need not knife their shelter before going down hill. The rescue party would make a deliberate effort to go down hill and as such would be properly clothed. The fallen in the ravine would not wear the clothes of the two whom died at the cedar it is a matter of timing. I agree that the cause of the tragedy was a natural one. I think everyone at the tent left together because something alarmed them. I think the cardinal symptom was a ground tremor. It could have been precipitated by a slab snow slip or an aerial disturbanc, but it spooked them. I think they succumbed to their injuries and the elements by underestimating the risk they put themselves in. That said,  if you continue to refine your ideas, I'll be pleased to read it.Good post.

Osi:
Thanks for your contribution, GleenM. For myself, if I heard a cry for help from my friends, I would dig a hole for the exit from the tent. There was probably a critical situation in the valley. Avoiding a life-threatening danger is 10 times more important than repairing the cut tent.

Teddy:

--- Quote from: Osi on February 02, 2022, 01:09:13 PM ---Where are the other 3 people, lyudmila, Semyon ,tibo. Presumably, they were assigned to go down to the valley to collect wood...

--- End quote ---

Lyuda wouldn't be sent for wood because she can't carry her own backpack leave alone logs. She had recently been injured: https://dyatlovpass.com/gallery-1958-Central-Sayan

And on the fateful trek she is always with a small backpack.

Osi:
Why try to climb the hill, which requires serious effort, knowing that Lyutmila is injured? Dyatlov could send the team across the forest border to Lozva. If you remember the picture where Semyon and Dyatlov are talking standing, liyutmilada enters the photo frame. It looks very healthy and resilient. (Preparation for hill climbing). Liyutmilan does not need to carry wood, he may have descended into the valley for a humanitarian need. In addition, 3 people left their cargo in the tent place. The closeness of Liyutmila Semyon and Tibo in the travel photos seems to have been influential in their mission to descend into the valley.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version