Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Botched Investigation?

(1/3) > >>

SimplyMadness:
I was skimming through Dead Mountain by Donnie Eichar and I saw some things that struck me as baffling. First, upon finding the tent, the rescuers apparently hacked at it with ice picks to get inside.. talk about damaging evidence. I was left to wonder if the so called cuts from the inside that the hikers made, were really just damage the initial rescue party had made. They even drank the medical alcohol found in the flask in the tent... Now, I'm not sure if any of that is true, in fact, from the shoddy translations, conspiracy theories and flat out disinformation revolving around this incident, I'm not sure what to believe. But, if things like that are true and did happen, it's a glimpse into just how shoddy the quality of this investigation might have been. Then we have the lead investigator going off talking about glowing orbs and potential moon men being behind it all, no wonder Moscow had to reign him in.. the whole thing seems less and less like a conspiracy to cover up a dark secret and more like an attempt by the Soviet government to save face from an embarrassingly incompetent and fouled up investigation.. 

Armide:
I'm a bit late to this discussion but you're right, the investigation was done extremely sloppily, but we need to keep in mind that the initial party that went out looking for them didn't expect to find a crime scene; it was a search and rescue operation, not a crime scene investigation. Most of the members of the search and rescue teams were very hopeful they would find their friends alive in an ice cave or a remote shelter somewhere perhaps. Also, the members of search and rescue team were fellow students, friends, family, and locals, not police officers or detectives. I think (and this is just my opinion) that any covering-up that the government might have done was totally independent from the initial botched crime scene. What I mean is that the initial crime scene was botched, yes, but that was because the rescue team was simply unaware of its nature and was simply incompetant for the job. Any covering up that may happened was probably done after, but I'm not sure.

Loose}{Cannon:

--- Quote from: SimplyMadness on November 07, 2017, 10:26:22 PM ---I was skimming through Dead Mountain by Donnie Eichar and I saw some things that struck me as baffling. First, upon finding the tent, the rescuers apparently hacked at it with ice picks to get inside.. talk about damaging evidence. I was left to wonder if the so called cuts from the inside that the hikers made, were really just damage the initial rescue party had made. They even drank the medical alcohol found in the flask in the tent... Now, I'm not sure if any of that is true, in fact, from the shoddy translations, conspiracy theories and flat out disinformation revolving around this incident, I'm not sure what to believe. But, if things like that are true and did happen, it's a glimpse into just how shoddy the quality of this investigation might have been. Then we have the lead investigator going off talking about glowing orbs and potential moon men being behind it all, no wonder Moscow had to reign him in.. the whole thing seems less and less like a conspiracy to cover up a dark secret and more like an attempt by the Soviet government to save face from an embarrassingly incompetent and fouled up investigation..

--- End quote ---

Yup....  and the 'flap' was peeled back and covered with hard icy snow. So....  they chopped at the INSIDE because it was pealed back exposing the inside-out.

I particularly like the ones that are curved shape... like the shape of a shovel head.

Loose}{Cannon:
Here they are after digging it out....  right before they put the contents on it, balled it up like santa, and drug it a few hundred yards to the helo-pad. 

Armide:
Here's my question: how reliable is it to assume that it was cut from the inside? I can't seem to figure out how a cut from the inside would be different to a cut from the outside. Especially considering that the tent was frozen when it was hacked at by the rescue team's ice picks, which would've made the fabric more fragile and prone to ripping. Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying that it was cut from the inside, but I can't seem to find any substantial evidence proving it- and the fact that the investigation was done so sloppily doesn't help. Did investigators look at the cuts under a microscope and write their findings somewhere?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version