March 18, 2024, 08:20:59 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Experimentation  (Read 14451 times)

May 07, 2018, 03:29:25 AM
Read 14451 times

CalzagheChick

I'm playing catch up with the books that have been written on Dyatlov Pass Incident. I'm actually getting bored going through the events from preparations at UPI all the way to the last diary entry and all the events in the search and recovery. It's all pounded in my head at this point. I know how it goes to a t. I'm on the verge of being able to memorize the journal passages and recite them on command from memory.

In any case, having read 3 books in two days, I've grown a very intimate knowledge of the ten tourists in relation to this excursion. I'm more confident than ever that no fly agaric or other drug experimentation was going on in that tent by the actual nine victims. I really feel that this type of thing just wasn't a part of their culture. These were people that were raised knowing that they'd lead a life of hard work and then they'd die. There was no individualistic mentality. To be communist, to be Soviet, you were not an individual at all but rather a piece of a larger picture and that larger picture was the concern--not individual woes/needs/wants. I don't think they longed for a life free of pain and hard work. They didn't long for easy living. They were happy just to be--then and there. They knew nothing more and Soviet Russia made sure that the people didn't know that there was other ways of life--more to be had--in other places.

Drug culture would be against everything they'd been raised to believe in. It was against their very government. It was against their very patriotic duty. These students, although accustomed already in their short lives to hard work, being poor, and not having much more to aspire to than those things were still very proud to be Soviet communists.

To dabble in shrooms or other recreational drugs really is a stretch in my opinion. They knew who they were, where they were going in life, and what was expected of them.

May 10, 2018, 12:54:26 AM
Reply #1

Per Inge Oestmoen

I'm playing catch up with the books that have been written on Dyatlov Pass Incident. I'm actually getting bored going through the events from preparations at UPI all the way to the last diary entry and all the events in the search and recovery. It's all pounded in my head at this point. I know how it goes to a t. I'm on the verge of being able to memorize the journal passages and recite them on command from memory.

In any case, having read 3 books in two days, I've grown a very intimate knowledge of the ten tourists in relation to this excursion. I'm more confident than ever that no fly agaric or other drug experimentation was going on in that tent by the actual nine victims.

The above is a very sensible assessment.

There is absolutely no indication that the nine students were intoxicated or suffered from mental disturbances or any form of disorientation on the on the last evening of their life. Evidence shows that the state of mind of these young and healthy people were perfectly normal. In the early evening of February 1, the nine hikers wrote a humorous "newspaper" which they named the "Otorten Evening News." The original is missing, but there is a copy of its content and the original was also seen by a man named Moses Axelrod. This is documented.

That means the nine students were entirely in their full senses on the early evening when their "newspaper" must have been made.

Then disaster struck, and that must have happened suddenly and without warning.

August 22, 2018, 06:23:35 PM
Reply #2

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Another very unfeasible explanation.
DB

August 28, 2018, 03:41:10 PM
Reply #3

CalzagheChick

August 28, 2018, 04:36:38 PM
Reply #4

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Same goes.

Please explain.
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

August 30, 2018, 01:02:44 PM
Reply #5

sarapuk

Apologies. I meant to agree with CalzagheChick re the drug theory. What I meant to say was that the drug theory was another unfeasible explanation.
DB

August 30, 2018, 10:44:44 PM
Reply #6

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Apologies. I meant to agree with CalzagheChick re the drug theory. What I meant to say was that the drug theory was another unfeasible explanation.

Unfeasible....  awesome.  Kinda like plausible deniability.   

September 13, 2018, 12:55:49 PM
Reply #7

sarapuk

Poisoning, drug taking, all would have to be very serious to cause them to loose it. Yet they all managed to walk a mile in those harsh conditions etc etc.
DB

September 14, 2018, 03:09:21 PM
Reply #8

CalzagheChick

I've actually read some articles on high-traffic, not necessarily credible (like Cracked.com back when it used to be hilarious), sites that seriously champion the intoxication theories because it seems like a lot of foreigners put way too much credit into the typical Russian stereotypes of stocky, Vodka-drunken men with hairy bodies and a chip on their shoulders. So I guess maybe it's just easier to think that these students went on a trip to face the Siberian winter in a place that is not conducive to life equipped only with the bare minimum and the possibility that bad things could happen and then bad things happened.

When it's broken down into those crude terms I kind of have to wonder myself if this really is the big mystery it's been hyped up to be after all this time....

September 14, 2018, 09:50:34 PM
Reply #9

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Poisoning, drug taking, all would have to be very serious to cause them to loose it. Yet they all managed to walk a mile in those harsh conditions etc etc.

Someone must not have ever tripped before.  Lol

September 26, 2018, 12:10:57 PM
Reply #10

sarapuk

But again I say, Poisoning or Drug Trips are hardly likely to help to explain how the Dyatlov Group met their demises, especially the ones with serious injuries.
DB

November 29, 2020, 07:25:20 AM
Reply #11

Manti

There was no individualistic mentality. To be communist, to be Soviet, you were not an individual at all but rather a piece of a larger picture and that larger picture was the concern--not individual woes/needs/wants.

I would like to highlight two passages from their diaries:

This is from Yudin talking about the workers at the camp they stayed at:
"Read everything that they can get their hands on and do they sing ... Quietly, from the heart. The songs are old, long forgotten or never heard. Here they are ... It's so good!
Why don't we sing such good, already forgotten songs. And in general, we don't sing about the soul in places where there are some outsiders, it's not singing, not soulful, loud."

He seemed to be really fond of these songs.

This one is from the group diary, this entry written by Doroshenko:

"The boys started copying some songs. One man sang beautifully. We heard a number of illegal prison songs (Article 58 counter-revolutionary crimes)."

While he says the singing was beautiful, he also highlights these songs are illegal.

Everyone else's diary talks of the songs fondly. This I think points to certain levels of individualism and also, not most of them not being very "soviet". Or perhaps they just didn't know the songs were illegal.

These students, although accustomed already in their short lives to hard work, being poor,

Some of them were in fact from upper middle-class families in Yekaterinburg, and one of them had a very well paid job in Moscow.

I don't disagree with the gist of what you write though.