Victims and Case Files > Case Files

Diaries and Missing Diaries and that Newsletter ! ?

<< < (3/6) > >>

KFinn:
I'm trying to nail down things.  So, we have 6 known diaries; the group diary, Zina's, Lyuda's, Rustem's, Yuri Yudin's and an unknown diary.  I assume for the sake of argument (which could be totally off base,) that the notebook found in Zolotaryev's jacket was his diary.  That makes 7.  We are still missing, Igor's, Yuri D and Yuri K (along with the topo drawings,) Kolevatov's, and Thibo's.  The unknown diary should be one in of theirs (through process of elimination.)  If the pocket notebook was not his diary, then Zolotaryev's is still missing, as well.

Akselrod stated that they determined the date of death based on a diary entry for February 2, that was found in the tent.  (https://dyatlovpass.com/they-died-with-dignity)

"Date of death of the guys was set very simple. In the far corner of the tent was a diary with the date of the last entry - February 2, 1959. That is, the hikers just started the route."

So, one of the missing diaries has a later entry than any of the existing diaries we have access to.  Makes ya really, really curious what the other diaries have to say....

Missi:
As far as I know, the date of death was reported as the night of Feb 1st to Feb 2nd because of the date put on Evening Otorten. A diary entry dated Feb 2nd would imply that either someone wrote after midnight and was very correct as to which date was or they lived one day longer than is widely believed. Am I mistaken?

KFinn:

--- Quote from: Missi on February 14, 2021, 10:14:33 AM ---As far as I know, the date of death was reported as the night of Feb 1st to Feb 2nd because of the date put on Evening Otorten. A diary entry dated Feb 2nd would imply that either someone wrote after midnight and was very correct as to which date was or they lived one day longer than is widely believed. Am I mistaken?

--- End quote ---

One of the many discrepancies and oddities. 

So, who all saw the Evening Otorten actually posted inside the tent?  One person.  Everyone else who saw it, saw it after the tent was down or off the ridge after the tent and contents were flown out.  The pilot is the only man who claims to have seen the Evening Otorten actually in the tent, attached to the wall.  If he is perhaps wrong, it is entirely possible the Evening Otorten was written the day before.  It is interesting to compare his statements with others.  The pilot swears there were no students on the ridge at this time.  But he flew to the tent after the tent was found by the students.  The students say they had to cut holes into the tent to see inside.  The pilot says he just looked in the door.  They also disagree on the state of things inside the tent. 

Again, just more curious oddities that is the DPI.

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: KFinn on February 13, 2021, 09:28:38 AM ---I'm trying to nail down things.  So, we have 6 known diaries; the group diary, Zina's, Lyuda's, Rustem's, Yuri Yudin's and an unknown diary.  I assume for the sake of argument (which could be totally off base,) that the notebook found in Zolotaryev's jacket was his diary.  That makes 7.  We are still missing, Igor's, Yuri D and Yuri K (along with the topo drawings,) Kolevatov's, and Thibo's.  The unknown diary should be one in of theirs (through process of elimination.)  If the pocket notebook was not his diary, then Zolotaryev's is still missing, as well.

Akselrod stated that they determined the date of death based on a diary entry for February 2, that was found in the tent.  (https://dyatlovpass.com/they-died-with-dignity)

"Date of death of the guys was set very simple. In the far corner of the tent was a diary with the date of the last entry - February 2, 1959. That is, the hikers just started the route."

So, one of the missing diaries has a later entry than any of the existing diaries we have access to.  Makes ya really, really curious what the other diaries have to say....

--- End quote ---

Yes there appears to be missing Diaries and maybe even Diaries with pages missing. Which obviously arouses suspicion.

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: Missi on February 14, 2021, 10:14:33 AM ---As far as I know, the date of death was reported as the night of Feb 1st to Feb 2nd because of the date put on Evening Otorten. A diary entry dated Feb 2nd would imply that either someone wrote after midnight and was very correct as to which date was or they lived one day longer than is widely believed. Am I mistaken?

--- End quote ---

Well thats hard to say. I dont know about you but I sometimes write something down and put the next days date on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version