Theories Discussion > General Discussion

what mysteries are made of

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ziljoe:
I don't think any of your ideas or observations are silly thealexhiggins.

A lot of the facts have been sensationalised through social media and press and it continues to be done to get likes or attention.

The eyes and tongue being ripped out is one that annoys me . I don't believe there's any evidence for that. They were found in a stream , decomposing. Seems logical to me. Although those with the missing eyes had suffered the severe chest impacts. It has been mentioned that this could cause the eyeballs to bulge , whether that is tree or snow cave impact.

If there had been escaped prisoners I would think they would have taken , money , cameras and especially food, skies and blankets. Possibly take ID and hid the crime scene so they could Futher their escape.

If it was an organised murder by KGB or whatever faction,it's certainly messy and I would have thought all the film in the cameras would have been destroyed. No one would have known what was on the film in the cameras , so to give the cameras to student friends to develope suggests a lack of a cover up.

If it was me I would have destroyed all the film ,whether that be an intentional attack or accidental . No outsiders would be aware of what we now believe to be the last photo of them digging the location for the tent , or the labaz.

I look forward to reading your future thoughts.

thealexhiggins:
Thanks.
Yes, that is certainly a good point about destroying all the film evidence. One of the victims even had a camera with him, I remember, so even a common thief would probably have taken the cameras and at least the films and made extra certain no photo evidence would come up later.

The only "horror movie" thing that still bothers me is the data about one of the guys biting his fist.  shock1 Don't want to think about that when going to bed..

--- Quote from: Ziljoe on August 05, 2021, 02:09:43 PM ---I don't think any of your ideas or observations are silly thealexhiggins.

A lot of the facts have been sensationalised through social media and press and it continues to be done to get likes or attention.

The eyes and tongue being ripped out is one that annoys me . I don't believe there's any evidence for that. They were found in a stream , decomposing. Seems logical to me. Although those with the missing eyes had suffered the severe chest impacts. It has been mentioned that this could cause the eyeballs to bulge , whether that is tree or snow cave impact.

If there had been escaped prisoners I would think they would have taken , money , cameras and especially food, skies and blankets. Possibly take ID and hid the crime scene so they could Futher their escape.

If it was an organised murder by KGB or whatever faction,it's certainly messy and I would have thought all the film in the cameras would have been destroyed. No one would have known what was on the film in the cameras , so to give the cameras to student friends to develope suggests a lack of a cover up.

If it was me I would have destroyed all the film ,whether that be an intentional attack or accidental . No outsiders would be aware of what we now believe to be the last photo of them digging the location for the tent , or the labaz.

I look forward to reading your future thoughts.

--- End quote ---

Ziljoe:
I do hot tent camping in winter with a Norwegian lavvu and stove. I sleep with a knife next to me , incase things go wrong. It's a gortex type of material and gets hot , depending on the wood , it's tee shirt clothing if I'm burning pine with resin at about -8. Have been in canvas tents too with stoves , they are even hotter.

I have used just a small amount of kindling to warm up in the morning and it is amazing the heat heat that one split log can add.

If the dyatlov group used their stove in the woods with a minimal amount of wood to burn and the size of the tent , I believe they would have been very warm. It's a relatively small space with the amount of people sharing it. If it was dry cold weather , I'm sure it would be reasonable comfortable.

I question why the the stove was not in use or looked like it hadn't been used. If it's true that they pitched their tent there, got settled in , an hour of warmth and burning a minimal amount of fuel would help them dry/thaw out. Get comfortable etc.

As for the skin in the mouth , yeah, I'm uncomfortable with that. So many odd bits and bobs to it all. 

thealexhiggins:
I have experienced only a largish army tent with a stove, with minus 20 - 25 degrees and heavy wind from the sea - some guys had their hair and back of the coat frozen in the morning and their socks half burnt, so it was cold in one end and burning hot in the other.. But I think your experience is closer to theirs, and we all were real beginners. To me it felt impossible to survive any time without a fire, but no reason to disagree with your post.

--- Quote from: Ziljoe on August 07, 2021, 02:07:27 PM ---I do hot tent camping in winter with a Norwegian lavvu and stove. I sleep with a knife next to me , incase things go wrong. It's a gortex type of material and gets hot , depending on the wood , it's tee shirt clothing if I'm burning pine with resin at about -8. Have been in canvas tents too with stoves , they are even hotter.

I have used just a small amount of kindling to warm up in the morning and it is amazing the heat heat that one split log can add.

If the dyatlov group used their stove in the woods with a minimal amount of wood to burn and the size of the tent , I believe they would have been very warm. It's a relatively small space with the amount of people sharing it. If it was dry cold weather , I'm sure it would be reasonable comfortable.

I question why the the stove was not in use or looked like it hadn't been used. If it's true that they pitched their tent there, got settled in , an hour of warmth and burning a minimal amount of fuel would help them dry/thaw out. Get comfortable etc.

As for the skin in the mouth , yeah, I'm uncomfortable with that. So many odd bits and bobs to it all.

--- End quote ---

Manti:
This is a good and logical post. I just wanted to say that I don't think the location of the "ravine" is known for certain. We don't know if it was in fact farther from the tent than the cedar,  it could have been between the two instead.

And about the wind, I have posted this in another thread but the fact that a standing "chum" structure was found nearby indicates that there was no hurricane-force wind. Also, this: https://dyatlovpass.com/investigation-materials-2?rbid=18461 article claims that wind speed was 9-13m/s that night. Considerable wind, but not enough to knock someone over.

So someone injures themselves in the tent, and they decide to carry their comrade to the forest and start a campfire. This is possible, but surely in this scenario, at least one or two members of the group could spend a few minutes gathering everyone's boots and coats, and follow them to the forest shortly afterwards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version