Victims and Case Files > Witness Testimonies

Testimonies Regarding the Tent

<< < (11/13) > >>

jarrfan:
I read the Sharavin 2007-2008 report:

The representative indicates he believes the group were doused with rocket fuel and died from exposure to this toxic substance. The scene and bodies do not appear to have been nuked by rocket fuel.

First of all, rocket fuel is very flammable, if they had toxic fuel over their bodies, the last thing they would want to do is build a fire. The rocket fuel would have been on the tent and the smell and toxicity would have prevented the rescue team from handling it and not having a reaction. The fuel would have been all over the area, not just the tent. There might be dead birds, tree death, etc.

There was suggestion of an avalanche that the group tore out of their tent to escape from because of the birch tree bark sloughed off. Even if that happened, the group could have gone outside, surveyed the situation, and dug themselves out but still had the tent for safety. If there had been an avalanche, it could have been before the timing of their trip or after. Regardless, the tent was seen from the sky and on the ground the ice picket was stuck in the snow, so that tells me there was no avalanche.

Sharavin admits to making large cuts in the tent to look inside to see if someone were there. So how can he identify the cuts made by the group? So in realilty, we cannot confirm his cuts from that of the group?

Still nothing firm to consider the truth behind the mystery...

Per Inge Oestmoen:

--- Quote from: jarrfan on October 03, 2019, 05:43:28 PM ---Sharavin admits to making large cuts in the tent to look inside to see if someone were there. So how can he identify the cuts made by the group? So in realilty, we cannot confirm his cuts from that of the group?

--- End quote ---

Exactly.

The cuts in themselves were invalid as evidence.

jarrfan:
Not sure how they are invalid as evidence? The group had to exit the tent someway, if the cuts were made from the inside as has been attested to, they were in great fear for their life. If they walked out of the tent door, maybe not in such a rush....

Loose}{Cannon:

--- Quote ---First of all, rocket fuel is very flammable, if they had toxic fuel over their bodies, the last thing they would want to do is build a fire
--- End quote ---

Or methanol....

If their clothing were saturated, it would make sense as to why Yuri had burned legs and the fire was a short lived idea.   

Bannef:
I found this thread because of a comment CalzagheChick made elsewhere, and thank you for that - I agree with you, it's the favorite thread I've found so far, and made a sleepless night of digging through the forums (and jumping at shadows) all worth it. Thank you Loose Cannon for however many sleepless nights it took you to compile it.

I'm sure I'm asking for more work than I realize, but is there any way that "How ripped was the tent when first discovered by rescuers?" be added to the controversy list in the tent section of DyatlovPass.com? With maybe some of the more damning witness testimonies included? It seems like pivotal information. Of course it is the collection of all the quotes that is the most moving, but to be succinct, the following two quotes seem the most pertinent:

"When the inspection was over the tent, we dragged [the tent] to the helipad at a distance of 600-700 meters."

And:

--- Quote from: Per Inge Oestmoen on June 06, 2018, 07:18:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: Loose}{Cannon on June 05, 2018, 06:37:44 PM ---I will quote from Svetlans Oss' "Don't go there":

"A more detailed account of the cuts and tears of the tent can be found in the chapter devoted to the criminal case file, but at this point it should be noted that Sharavin later said that he also made a hole on the ridge of the tent with an ice pick and then tore the tent horizontally. Because the rescue team was in shock and hadn't even considered that their fellow students were dead, they didn't treat the crime scene with proper care, nor did they preserve all the evidence for the investigation."

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version