March 28, 2024, 04:11:04 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: The Real Ball Lightning theory  (Read 103915 times)

December 05, 2018, 07:43:49 AM
Read 103915 times

Nigel Evans

Thought i'd start pulling some of my posts across various threads into just one. This is the real BL thread, accept no others from false prophets and people just messing around....
A possible narrative.

1. Snowstorms create ionisation horizontally in a similar manner to how thunderstorms create it vertically.

2. Free electrons in swirling air creates microwaves.

3. Microwaves create ozone and nitrogen oxides, typically nitrogen dioxide - NO2.

4. Humans exposed to NO2 suffer from silo fillers disease - nitric acid in lung. NO2 also slowly converts to nitric acid on the skin which interacts with the keratin to turn it yellow and orange. N.B. Yuri D displayed evidence of a pulmonary edema and had dark orange skin at his funeral (but less in the morgue). As did others e.g. Zina and Lyudmila. N.B. this is also seen with the Chivruay victims. Penetrating the deep snow to pitch a tent creates an earth point in an otherwise insulated landscape creating a concentration of NO2 at/in the tent (assuming that the nitrogen oxides are correctly ionised and attracted to earth). N.B. the NO2 theory has other explanations - decomposing grasses under the snow "silage" and nitrogen oxides from rocket fuel.

5. The ionised air above the mountain creates lightning which it has been observed can create "rollers" - http://www.ball-lightning.info/Ball-lightning/Roller.html and https://www.hist-geo-space-sci.net/9/79/2018/hgss-9-79-2018.pdf which are a form of ball lightning (BL). One of the books i've read mentions that at a funeral one of the investigating party confided in a relative that they had seen rollers coming down the mountain one night. These will be Ivanov's fire orbs, possibly caught on photos from the official record and more possibly caught on missing frames from Semyon's camera.

6. One theory to explain BL is that it is a plasma of electrons rotating at relativistic speeds. This results in the object demonstrating large mass and momentum.

7. This gives you injuries consistent with an automobile accident. Further it's observed that BL can interact with dielectrics and conductors in curious ways, e.g. BL passing down a street can rip internal house wiring through walls and throw it into the street presumably via electro motive force. So the ravine injuries could have an explanation here as well. There is of course some overlap with Lyudmila's injuries and cattle mutilations which have EM explanations.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 08:07:52 AM by Nigel Evans »

December 05, 2018, 08:15:49 AM
Reply #1

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Few questions. 

Would this be something you walk away from making no attempt to run etc?

Would this be something that targets individuals in not one, not two, but three locations on three separate occasions as if its 'piloted' or otherwise has intelligence to do so?

Does this phenomena target individuals specifically injuring their knuckles, noses, cheeks etc? 

Is this a phenomena which can be foreseen where it will strike?  In other words,  Is it predictable as far as when/where it will take place? 

Does it go something like this?

« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 08:27:18 AM by Loose}{Cannon »
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

December 05, 2018, 10:56:22 AM
Reply #2

Nigel Evans

Would this be something you walk away from making no attempt to run etc?If it was just say NO2 attracted out of the sky onto the tent then it would fit with the evidence, people start coughing then small cuts for ventilation which would only accelerate the ingress and then big cuts to escape. Then they would stand in a row some distance away possibly looking at a mist enveloping the tent before electing to abandon. This would explain why they could stand there relatively near but not retrieve more clothing / footwear. Remember that at the Chivruay event (5?) people had laid on top of the tent using it as a groundsheet rather than seeking shelter within. As if they believed the interior to be somehow toxic.

Would this be something that targets individuals in not one, not two, but three locations on three separate occasions as if its 'piloted' or otherwise has intelligence to do so?I only need two events, NO2 at the tent, one roller at the ravine?

Does this phenomena target individuals specifically injuring their knuckles, noses, cheeks etc? 
I've never believed in the "combat injuries" because there are no obvious/unambiguous ones only ambiguous injuries that can be explained as slipping on ice in the dark etc. Someone fell out of the cedar btw.

Is this a phenomena which can be foreseen where it will strike?  In other words,  Is it predictable as far as when/where it will take place?The theory would predict regular occurences depending on prevailing weather conditions and... what are we told about credible witnessed events, mansi folklore etc? But accurately predicting it would probably belong to the science of the future (possibly not that far away..). Note most "mountain lights" across the globe are localised to fairly small regions suggesting a favourable situation between prevailing wind and terrain.

December 05, 2018, 11:44:06 PM
Reply #3

Monika

Your theory is interesting. I still think that the whole thing caused some little known physical phenomenon, and I do not see it as a coincidence that orange spheres were observed in that area at that time. The only problem with NO2 theory is that:
1. After leaving the tent, they behaved rationally (organized departure, their traces were clear and there were no contours of the body / hands on the snow only their feet, so it is clear that they went upright and were not injured). After gas intoxication, walking would be altogether different.
2. If NO2 was created in the tent, it was enough to get out and tilt the tent and get to dress. I do not believe that there would be too much NO2 when it happened that it could not be diluted with ambient air. I do not know, but it seems to me that there is something wrong with the tent that they could not touch him, overturn him, perhaps he could be under electric charge? The same can be said of e.g. CO2 from stove, as some say. It was enough to go out and overturn or cut through the tent and pick things up.

Plasmoid can be in the solar win and it is proved that at that time there was a strong eruption from the sun. And this area on the Urals is anomalous due to the composition of the soil and the rocks, and “something” could have been created there, which we cannot imagine now. And, of course, NO2 theory is highly probable. Personally, I do not believe it has caused some bombs or weapons, but it has caused the very nature. Some people speculate that the classical ball lighting has a lifetime of up to 4 seconds. But somewhere I read that some of the balls they assume are plasmoids were seen for 7 hours.

What I absolutely do not understand is why Zolotarev had a camera on his neck and why he did not make any picture. He had enough time, assuming he died a few hours after leaving the tent.
In terms of bruises and minor injuries, they probably arose when the trio tried to return  to the tent and were already weak, so they did not go upright but occasionally fell and under the snow were the small rocks.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 11:52:10 PM by Monika »

December 06, 2018, 01:33:50 AM
Reply #4

Nigel Evans

1. After leaving the tent, they behaved rationally (organized departure, their traces were clear and there were no contours of the body / hands on the snow only their feet, so it is clear that they went upright and were not injured). After gas intoxication, walking would be altogether different.NO2 slowly converts to nitric acid on contact with moisture. With silo fillers disease symptoms can take 2 days to manifest. The assumption here is that the exposure took hours except for Yuri D who died sooner.

Plasmoid can be in the solar win and it is proved that at that time there was a strong eruption from the sun. And this area on the Urals is anomalous due to the composition of the soil and the rocks, and “something” could have been created there, which we cannot imagine now. And, of course, NO2 theory is highly probable. Personally, I do not believe it has caused some bombs or weapons, but it has caused the very nature. Some people speculate that the classical ball lighting has a lifetime of up to 4 seconds. But somewhere I read that some of the balls they assume are plasmoids were seen for 7 hours.Yes i'd agree with that. Imo the longer durations might be from ion stream discharge.

What I absolutely do not understand is why Zolotarev had a camera on his neck and why he did not make any picture. He had enough time, assuming he died a few hours after leaving the tent.I think he did. Apparently there are 8 missing frames from that camera and we know that information was confiscated from the official report and that Ivanov a rational educated man maintained for the rest of his life that the fire orbs were involved.
In terms of bruises and minor injuries, they probably arose when the trio tried to return  to the tent and were already weak, so they did not go upright but occasionally fell and under the snow were the small rocks.Imo the "combat injuries" are ambiguous., others disagree.

December 06, 2018, 02:14:49 PM
Reply #5

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
I do not subscribe to the Ball Lightning Theory, or the Gas Theory.  They all left the safety of the Tent leaving most of their belongings in the Tent to go into an exposed situation on a mountain side. They travel a mile or so to the edge of the forest. They start a fire. They climb a tree. They may have tried to build a Den.  Is the Ball Lightning chasing them around for several hours  !  ?  DUBININA had some very severe injuries and they could not have been caused by Ball Lightning. Animal Mutilations are just that, animals that have been mutilated by something and that something is not Ball Lightning. Too many witnesses have been involved in Animal Mutilation Cases and I have found NO MENTION of Ball Lightning as being the cause.
DB

December 06, 2018, 02:37:55 PM
Reply #6

Nigel Evans

https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2018/08/unexplained-cattle-mutilations-linked-to-lights-in-the-sky/claiming to have witnessed anomalous aerial phenomena coinciding with similar unexplained mutilations in the area. “The thing about the lights is true,” Bieri told reporters. “I’ve seen it.”
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 02:46:54 PM by Nigel Evans »

December 06, 2018, 10:48:17 PM
Reply #7

Monika

I do not subscribe to the Ball Lightning Theory, or the Gas Theory.  They all left the safety of the Tent leaving most of their belongings in the Tent to go into an exposed situation on a mountain side. They travel a mile or so to the edge of the forest. They start a fire. They climb a tree. They may have tried to build a Den.  Is the Ball Lightning chasing them around for several hours  !  ?  DUBININA had some very severe injuries and they could not have been caused by Ball Lightning. Animal Mutilations are just that, animals that have been mutilated by something and that something is not Ball Lightning. Too many witnesses have been involved in Animal Mutilation Cases and I have found NO MENTION of Ball Lightning as being the cause.

It is true that after leaving the tent they lived a few more hours. I do not think the lighting ball was chasing them. If it were, they would run away and would not be organized. It could happen that more lighting ball were created in the given time interval. Or the lighting ball caused them to leave the tent, and then some accompanying physical and dangerous phenomenon that eventually formed killed the four at the ravine. The entire Ural region is strange, there are strange phenomena during many years. All the time I say, people and scientists still do not know about many physical phenomena on Earth. Something has driven them out of the tent, but it is clear from their behavior that outside the tent they did not feel threatened but unfortunately, the reality was different.

December 09, 2018, 02:50:24 PM
Reply #8

sarapuk

It is true that after leaving the tent they lived a few more hours. I do not think the lighting ball was chasing them. If it were, they would run away and would not be organized. It could happen that more lighting ball were created in the given time interval. Or the lighting ball caused them to leave the tent, and then some accompanying physical and dangerous phenomenon that eventually formed killed the four at the ravine. The entire Ural region is strange, there are strange phenomena during many years. All the time I say, people and scientists still do not know about many physical phenomena on Earth. Something has driven them out of the tent, but it is clear from their behavior that outside the tent they did not feel threatened but unfortunately, the reality was different.

But how do you know that they did not feel threatened outside the TENT  !  ? 
DB

December 11, 2018, 05:00:40 AM
Reply #9

Monika

But how do you know that they did not feel threatened outside the TENT  !  ?

If they felt threatened outside the tent, they would not go into the woods and make a fire that would show their position to a murderer or animal. And they behaved rationally, even they  could make a den, being lightly dressed and without gloves. It must be almost superhuman activity. If something threatened there, they would rather be stifled in shock and do not do those things.

December 11, 2018, 12:35:22 PM
Reply #10

Nigel Evans

Just updating here with the discussion on the NO2 thread - http://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=270.0
The theory is that some forms of ball lightning (not necessarily visible, microwave solitons?) generate large quantities of nitrogen oxides and the DPI group had the bad luck of being in a downwind plume (see videos). This resulted in poisoning some/many of the group with NO2 resulting in silo fillers disease, particularly Yuri D who appears to died considerably earlier than most. Evidence for the theory is :-
  • The colour of the deceased faces and hands but not bodies at their funerals (versus at the morgue).
  • Lyudmila's face.
  • Yuri D's foam on cheek fits with pulmonary edema, also apparently a number of autopsies demonstrated enlarged aortas suggesting pulmonary distress.
  • The plume could be quite hot at source. The condition of the snow, sastrugi around the tent as reported by rescuers and as photographed (hotspot) suggests that the snow on this area of the hill had it's temperature raised close to melting. Ditto the unusual persistence of the footsteps. Also imo it could explain a lack of frostbite for people to have been walking around in their socks for say two hours in -15C or colder plus wind chill?
Further if the plume contained other nitrogen oxides such as N2O (laughing gas) then this could explain some dubious decision making :-
  • abandoning the tent for the forest. N.B. they could possibly have felt quite warm if still in the plume going downhill (as indicated by the footsteps).
  • climbing a tree was not a smart idea?
It would also explain at lot of minor injuries. N2O also makes you clumsy.

Further the same electro magnetic phenomena that created the plume then produced ball lightning rollers which have a consistently observed  feature that they demonstrate significant mass/momentum (Ivanov's fire orbs, scorched trees). This narrative assumes that they were produced at the peak and rolled down the hill under gravity. Unfortunately sheltering in the ravine proved to be a second piece of bad luck. A roller found the ravine and followed down it (pin ball alley) resulting in impact/crushing injuries for several members of the group (including Rustem who died of internal bleeding).
Igor and Zina were spared the roller but perished in the cold attempting to return to the tent probably because as the incline steepened their reduced cardio vascular ability maxed out. This why they and Rustem where all found within 300 metres.

December 11, 2018, 05:16:24 PM
Reply #11

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
The colour of the deceased faces and hands but not bodies at their funerals (versus at the morgue).
Lyudmila's face.

The plume could be quite hot at source. The condition of the snow, sastrugi around the tent as reported by rescuers and as photographed (hotspot) suggests that the snow on this area of the hill had it's temperature raised close to melting.

Sure, if you could please link us to the exact page source from the ORIGINAL CASE files where these things are stated.....  thanks in advance.    excuseme

December 11, 2018, 05:38:38 PM
Reply #12

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
After an autopsy was performed in Ivdel, the corpses were sent to the Sverdlovsk military morgue, where they conducted a second autopsy to determine the causes of death.
In the morgue, for the identification of the bodies of Igor Dyatlov and Rustem Slobodin, the tenth participant of the campaign, Yuri Yudin, arrived. He noticed the dark brown color of the opened and processed corpse of Igor Dyatlov, the color of the raw corpse of Rustem Slobodin was ordinary. Later, the children present at the funeral will speak about the unusual dark color of all the corpses.
In the acts of the FMS, the skin color of the corpses is described as reddish-purple, after the morgue, the skin color of the corpses changed and acquired a brown tint that was noticed at the funeral. Methanol in the digestive tract converts a dangerous poison - formaldehyde, This poison was in dead bodies. To neutralize formaldehyde use potassium permanganate (potassium permanganate). When formaldehyde interacts with potassium permanganate, a vigorous reaction takes place, accompanied by high temperature, as a result of which the formaldehyde boils and evaporates quickly. The skin color becomes yellow-brown.
For the treatment of corpses, in order to oxidize the methyl alcohol and evaporate formaldehyde from the bodies, apparently, potassium permanganate (manganese potassium) was used. After being treated with manganese, the corpses acquired a brownish color, this unusual dark color surprised those present at the funeral.

So....

the skin color of the corpses is described as reddish-purple, but miraculously after TWO autopsies, they come out brown.   WHO WOULDA THUNK IT!!!!

December 11, 2018, 05:46:50 PM
Reply #13

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
After many years, Vladimir Ivanovich would be the first to tell that he, a very young investigator, remembered how high-level KGB officers were present at the scene of the death of the same people as he, who warned about the special mode of investigation, how they took a subscription from not disclosing secrets for a period of 25 years, how journalists were not allowed to the search site, how innocent Mansi were interrogated in the cold, how terrible injuries were found in the dead, how barrels of alcohol were brought and forced physicians after the examination Oops wash in alcohol, and much, much more. Then, in tens of years, Vladimir Ivanovich will be interested in the fate of his first case, which has remained undisclosed for him.

December 11, 2018, 05:48:23 PM
Reply #14

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Sud.med.ekspert regional bureau of forensic revived
Prosecutor Sverdlovsk Region State Counselor of Justice 3rd Class Klinov
prosecutor criminologist regional prosecutor ml. Counselor of Justice Ivanov, witnesses: Gordo, Naskichev

Revived put on the document print forensic scientist.
The deed was done, the true cause of death is hidden ...
The role of the orderly in the Ivdel morgue, due to the lack of such, had to be performed by Vladimir Ivanovich Korotaev.
He worked with corpses in order to transfer the organs of the dead to Sverdlovsk for histology (the conclusion of which is not in the file).

He, a 22-year-old investigator, was then surprised by one fact - after opening each corpse, everyone went to wash themselves with ethyl alcohol. For this, a barrel of alcohol was brought to the morgue.

Oxidation of methanol in the body occurs with the formation of stronger poisons - formaldehyde and formic acid. The antagonist (neutralizer, antidote) of methanol is ethanol (ethyl alcohol), which competes with methanol for oxidative enzymes and inhibits the formation of toxic methanol metabolites.
If methanol gets on the body or on the hands, they should be washed off with plenty of water. When methanol gets on spec. clothes, they should be removed, washed in warm water, and the body should be washed in the shower for at least 15 / pminut.

The morgue of the "p / i H-240" part of Ivdel. Korotaev V.I. attended the autopsy tel.

There was no soul in the Ivdel morgue, so they made it easier and more efficient - the methanol labeled with radioactive nuclide, which had frozen bodies impregnated, and which by chance could remain on the bodies of health workers, was neutralized with ethanol.

At that time, Henrietta Eliseevna Churkina, her V. Korotaev, was present in Ivdel. asked to make an examination of the tent.
She drew attention to the strange shade of the clothes of the dead, hung after processing on the street.

I was present at the medical examination of the corpses, which was conducted by Boris the Reborn. I remember well when they took off their clothes and hung them on the ropes, we immediately noticed that she had some strange light purple hue, although it was of very different colors.

I asked Boris: “Don't you think that clothes are processed with something?” He agreed.

In order to eliminate the possibility of erroneous use of methanol as an alcoholic drink, it is added with chemical ink or other dye of a dark color, which dissolves well in methanol, at the rate of 2-3 liters per 1000 liters of methanol.

All information from Ivdel stopped, all lived only rumors.

December 11, 2018, 05:50:10 PM
Reply #15

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
But, I guess that dont fit the piloted fireball narrative.  whist1

December 12, 2018, 02:46:51 AM
Reply #16

Nigel Evans

But, I guess that dont fit the piloted fireball narrative.  whist1
Nope, the morgue technicians washing themselves with dyed alcohol doesn't fit with anyone's narrative...  Presumably they didn't experience dark orange brown hands?  thanky1

December 12, 2018, 06:49:57 AM
Reply #17

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
I guess someone didnt read what I posted in its entirety.    rolleyes1

You know ass well as I do the bodies were NOT found having a orange/brown tone. 

Dont be mad because the FACTS do not fit your narrative. 

December 12, 2018, 07:39:59 AM
Reply #18

Nigel Evans

I guess someone didnt read what I posted in its entirety.    rolleyes1

You know ass well as I do the bodies were NOT found having a orange/brown tone. 

Dont be mad because the FACTS do not fit your narrative. 
Yes it's part of my narrative that the nitric acid slowly converts the keratin in the skin to a dark orange colour but only when the bodies are thawed. It's a key component of my narrative that only the exposed parts of the body (face and hands) would adopt this colour which is exactly as described by the relatives. Usage of morgue chemicals would not have been so particular. Also look at Lyudmila's morgue photo, before an autopsy took place the face is described as yellow- brown.

December 12, 2018, 08:42:35 AM
Reply #19

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
only the exposed parts of the body (face and hands) would adopt this colour which is exactly as described by the relatives.

The relatives are not doctors, chemists etc. The persons reporting the color were ignorant after the facts seeing them AFTER TWO autopsies.   

Usage of morgue chemicals would not have been so particular.

Rather then create something that does not exist, observe the context as a whole.  Dismissal of science and chemistry and their reaction thereof will not further your agenda.

before an autopsy took place the face is described as yellow- brown.

Incorrect...  your flat out wrong!  And whatever book you quote is also going to be..... wrong.

it's part of my narrative that the nitric acid slowly converts the keratin in the skin to a dark orange colour but only when the bodies are thawed

The burden of proof is on YOU my friend.  All I see is someone twisting the facts and creating something where nothing exists for the sole purpose of furthering an agenda.  You would be best suited sticking to the facts rather then inventing them as needed.  The facts are, your unsubstantiated, multi-layered, fantastical theory can be be debunked with one word.....  MAKEUP!

December 12, 2018, 08:54:00 AM
Reply #20

Nigel Evans

It sounds like you're not fully onboard with this narrative...   quiet1

December 24, 2018, 06:49:09 AM
Reply #21

Nigel Evans

Just updating this thread.
This object is stated as being photographed by a hunter in the US at circa 10,000 feet.

Imo it's a good fit for the object (within the electro magnetic narrative) that caused the DPI. The theory is that the object is a standing wave of ionised air resulting in banded sections of microwave energy. The black bands (anti nodes) are producing NO2 at high temperatures (up to 150C). The heavier than air NO2 then drifts down and as it cools it takes on an orange hue. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrogen_dioxide
The theory fits all the evidence for the DPI, exiting the tent, observing it from a safe distance (outside of the plume boundary), warmed snow - sastrugi, persistent footsteps, Yuri D's foam on cheek, strong discolouration of the hands and faces at the funeral (NO2->nitric acid).

If nitrous oxide is included then you have an explanation for the Ortorten News, abandoning the tent in their socks, wasting matches, climbing a tree and falling out of it.

December 24, 2018, 09:58:48 AM
Reply #22

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Strange how it has three blurry faces and wears a french baret. 

January 13, 2019, 02:08:32 AM
Reply #23

Nigel Evans

The Warminster thing - http://www.ufo-warminster.co.uk/information/thing_history.htm

Imo this is all a good fit for electro magnetic phenomena especially the audible events.

What's interesting here is are the reports of paralysis. Could be relevant to the DPI, falling out of the tree, ravine, returning three.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 05:21:37 AM by Nigel Evans »

January 13, 2019, 03:56:24 AM
Reply #24

Nigel Evans

Due to it's age (1965) sadly there aren't any videos of the Warminster thing but this was taken recently just a few miles away at Frome. -

This part of Britain is also famous for crop circles.....
and Stonehenge....
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 07:54:03 AM by Nigel Evans »

January 13, 2019, 02:25:43 PM
Reply #25

Star man

I have watched some programmes about UFOs similar to this where an explanation was provided based on geological tremors.  The strange noises are characteristic of such tremors and the event creates a huge electrical field that causes ionisation of the atmosphere and strange lights being seen.

January 13, 2019, 03:03:13 PM
Reply #26

Nigel Evans

I have watched some programmes about UFOs similar to this where an explanation was provided based on geological tremors.  The strange noises are characteristic of such tremors and the event creates a huge electrical field that causes ionisation of the atmosphere and strange lights being seen.

Yes i think the theory is that it's a macro version of the piezoelectric effect. The ionisation is then "wiggled" by atmospheric air currents and you get microwaves. That's not what's happening at the DP though but the resultant microwaves could produce similar effects as recorded at Warminster.

January 14, 2019, 12:21:19 PM
Reply #27

sarapuk

Quoted from Monika ;

[[  If they felt threatened outside the tent, they would not go into the woods and make a fire that would show their position to a murderer or animal. And they behaved rationally, even they  could make a den, being lightly dressed and without gloves. It must be almost superhuman activity. If something threatened there, they would rather be stifled in shock and do not do those things.  ]]

This statement is a pure guess.  You can not possibly know how they felt about the situation from what little evidence we have. How can you claim that they behaved rationally  !  ? 
DB

January 14, 2019, 12:27:58 PM
Reply #28

sarapuk

But this doesnt really go any where near explaining all the separate events that created the Dyatlov Mystery.
DB

February 02, 2019, 08:55:57 AM
Reply #29

Nigel Evans

Just keeping this thread up to date with the relevant conversations happening on other threads.
So it would seem that there is a (very?) strong case for the NO2 theory. I've posted several links of objects or even no object at all! that are producing a plume of either black or orange "smoke" . Google image "ufo plume" or "ghost rocket" for these and more.
NO2 of course changes colour depending on temperature, getting darker as it gets hotter, more orange and more yellow as it cools down to it's boiling point of 21C - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitrogen_dioxide
On contact with moisture NO2 slowly converts to nitric acid and this means that NO2 is poisonous for any creature that breathes air, the lungs slowly lose function as the conversion takes place. N.B in humans this happens slowly in some cases taking two days depending on the degree of exposure. Google "silo fillers disease". On contact with skin the nitric acid reacts with the keratin in the skin to turn it yellow and orange.

So the theory is that during a period of record geomagnetic storms (1958/1959) combined with ionisation from a powerful snow storm from the west, the western ridge of Kholat Syakhl demonstrated visual electro magnetic phenomena that attracted the DP group to camp nearby behind the north eastern ridge and this phenomena was photographed by Semyon, in particular the Plane 2 photo captures a large object illuminating the snow storm below it and the small section of the snow covered hill. The theory is then that they had sadly camped downwind of this area which began producing a plume of acrid NO2 which explains the sudden decision to leave the tent but stand some distance away before descending the hill to the forest lightly dressed unable to return to the tent.
And of course the above theory fits very well with the Chivruay incident. A difficult to understand decision to break camp, half of the group fell ill and found lying in a row on top of the tent 10 metres from the edge of the precipice! Clearly unable to move to a safer location? Simultaneously fell ill? And of course yellow skin. It's a strong fit for the above theory.
And then there's the photograph :-

There seems to be some very black smoke in that picture that imo isn't a dense snow cloud....
Just saying....