March 28, 2024, 11:22:40 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Time scale of body finds  (Read 4560 times)

August 10, 2018, 03:49:43 PM
Read 4560 times

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Considering the effort used in the search to find all the members of the Dyatlov Group, it took months to recover all the bodies, yet they were all in fairly close proximity to each other ie not scattered for miles. Why did it apparently take so long to find all the bodies ?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 03:03:58 AM by Teddy »
DB

August 13, 2018, 04:00:07 PM
Reply #1

cz

Well, to be fair they spent the longest time to search for the last four buried under 4 m of snow. Sure they were all close, they just did not know where. The order in which the first five were found is somewhat surprising. I think slobodin was the last who was kind of in the middle. But then again, with hindsight it is much easier...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 03:04:05 AM by Teddy »

August 14, 2018, 09:25:28 AM
Reply #2

Blkdahlia

Considering the effort used in the search to find all the members of the Dyatlov Group, it took months to recover all the bodies, yet they were all in fairly close proximity to each other ie not scattered for miles. Why did it apparently take so long to find all the bodies ?

Great question. If the 5 members found first were covered in a small layer of snow, wouldn’t the other 4 have been just as easy to find? I don’t understand how the rav4 were so far under the snow and the others lightly buried under a layer of snow.

Why did it take so long to find the bodies? Leaving them in the running water several months longer could have greatly reduced traces of radiation.
A lot of epidermis evidence like bruises or burns would be unidentifiable.
The four who were most injured were found in a stream of flowin water under how much snow?
I think their bodies were tossed in that stream in efforts to destroy as much evidence as possible.
Has anyone looked at the 3d imaging? I look at that and think... there’s no way they died like that, they were placed like that.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 03:04:21 AM by Teddy »

August 14, 2018, 04:52:54 PM
Reply #3

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Yes thats a line of thought worth considering ie that the 4 bodies in the so called ravine under a lot of snow were put there deliberately, either to conceal evidence of injuries or some other reason. Speculation maybe but speculation thats justified because of the time scale and location of bodies and injuries. It was the revealing of these 4 bodies that turned the investigation into a major incident that led to the area put on lock down for years.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 03:04:13 AM by Teddy »
DB