March 28, 2024, 04:20:48 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Midnight Society Radio  (Read 5419 times)

June 26, 2020, 08:13:13 AM
Read 5419 times

Teddy

Administrator
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 08:52:22 AM by Teddy »

June 26, 2020, 09:58:14 PM
Reply #1

PJ

Teddy, was nice to hear you  wink1

June 26, 2020, 10:08:03 PM
Reply #2

Teddy

Administrator
Thank you. This is as good as it gets at 4 am.
If nothing else it's going to generate some traffic and more people will hear about the case.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 12:32:07 AM by Teddy »

June 27, 2020, 10:29:56 AM
Reply #3

PJ

For me it was 3am-6am but as I had work to do it was entertaining and interesting to listen about the Dyatlov Pass. You didn't sounds as a person at 4am, talking about this incident in a short time is not easy at all because is very complex so well done - you did it great :)
I am only bit disappointed that there was not enough time for interaction with listeners, I was very curious about what people could ask or say about it.
Thank you again  thanky1

June 27, 2020, 10:53:53 AM
Reply #4

Teddy

Administrator
Ok, maybe it was more like

I have given up following prep notes. I just say what comes to mind. The day before and the day after I thought of so much more that I could have said, and yes, there was no time for questions at all, although I know there were many. They told me their line is burning. Once in the show 3 hours seem not enough. I have an open invitation for more appearances once there is a development in the case. They are very professional and kind. Weisberg means White Mountain, I forgot to tell the host I know this too. His name is Tim Weisberg.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2020, 12:58:42 PM by Teddy »

June 28, 2020, 08:53:50 AM
Reply #5

Teddy

Administrator

June 28, 2020, 11:52:02 AM
Reply #6

Nigel Evans

Good work but if there's no time for questions they could have pre-recorded you?  cry2

July 01, 2020, 12:38:41 PM
Reply #7

Marchesk

Quote from: Teddy at 50:00"
They were not even turning around to face the danger that made them leave the tent."

I've never heard anyone mention that detail before! That in combination with them walking three abreast through the deep snow so they could talk to each other is very strange thing to do after cutting your way out of the tent and leaving it without shoes and proper clothing.

The only reasons to abandon the tent in such a manner is either by force or because the tent was inaccessible. Nothing else makes much sense, because why not take a couple minutes to grab shoes and coats if you can walk down slope calmly discussing the situation? Not turning around to check out the situation at the tent seems to indicate the tent was a no go. But then three of them apparently tried to return to it later. Baffling.

If it wasn't completely ludicrous, I'd suggest the theory that Dyatlov's leadership was being challenged over some questionable decision making, so he comes up with a survival scenario to prove a point, and his challengers agree to it (which means they all have to go along). Maybe they underestimated the difficulty or distance to the trees. And then an accident occurs in the forest, or strong wind picks up again, dooming them.

But why would a group of experienced hikers seriously propose or accept a suicidal dare? At the very least, they risk losing fingers and toes. Just a dumb theory to illustrate how odd their leaving of the tent seems to be.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 01:44:09 PM by Marchesk »