March 28, 2024, 07:35:42 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Other mysterious deaths at Dyatlov Pass  (Read 5158 times)

February 01, 2018, 11:34:55 AM
Read 5158 times

seniorsupport

Hi guys. In new to the forum and very excited about joining. I'm hoping I'm using the right 'space' for my question but if I'm not I'll apologise now!!
Can anyone elaborate on the other mysterious deaths in the pass. Apparently prior to  Dyatlov and his friends deaths 9 Mansi died a little further along the pass. Then after Dyatlov and group died there was a plane crash when a further 9 people died and last year the body of a presumed 50 year old male hiker was found on the pass. I'm struggling to find any further info on these additional mysteries - Can anyone please share their knowledge or direct me to links that can tell me more. Thank you.
Caroline

May 20, 2018, 11:39:05 AM
Reply #1

CalzagheChick

To be honest, I write the tales of the 9 Mansi previously dying on the slope as urban legend. Ive NEVER seen documentation of any of those stories that tend to go along with the DPI...not ever. I have pretty much concluded that over the years people like to tell this as a ghost story of sorts to keep that mysterious lack of closure surrounding it.

So I'm of no help.

May 22, 2018, 05:17:17 AM
Reply #2

Per Inge Oestmoen

There is no indication that these later nine deaths ever occurred, and in my opinion we can safely write it off as a fantasy story.

May 22, 2018, 08:42:16 AM
Reply #3

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
From what I understand....  the legend speaks of thousands of years ago, and may have been created post 1959.   dunno1
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

May 24, 2018, 03:50:10 AM
Reply #4

CalzagheChick

Well "Dead Mountain" isn't a reference to this unverifiable Mansi legend anyway right? It's a reference to the lack of hunting and foraging on the mountain from what I understand. It's name is basically a way of saying "Waste of Time Mountain."

In other words, we've all heard of The Dead Sea. It's not compatible with life simply because of its hypersalination. Were it called "The Sea of the Dead" now it would have a WHOLE new connotation and meaning.

Such goes with "Dead Mountain" and wrongly being referred to as "Mountain of the Dead."

October 03, 2018, 03:27:00 PM
Reply #5

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Doesnt seem to be much information on other mysterious deaths in this area. The name Dead Mountain or Mountain Of The Dead or whatever may well refer to the fact that its a particularly bleak place.  Having said that, in England many places are named after an event that occurred there in the distant past, an example is GALLOWS HILL, a place where people were hanged hundreds of years ago. And so on. 
DB