March 18, 2024, 08:14:16 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Testimonies Regarding the Tent  (Read 42118 times)

November 02, 2020, 12:31:50 PM
Reply #60

marieuk

Can you point to me in whose testimony is mentioned that tent was burned?
There is nothing to it, the tent has been used in treks before
https://dyatlovpass.com/controversy#tentphotos

... and things have burned inside even on this trek...

... but I am always curious to witness a legend being born. Where in the testimonies or Churkina's test it says there are burn holes in the tent? And how big are these holes.

From Grigoriev's notebook 3:
"During the night, holes were added to the tent from the sparks. And in the sun they lit up like stars.
- We have become a whole planetarium, says Georgiy"

Keep in mind this is a very old tent carrying scars from many battles.

Thank you for taking the time to answer.  The quote was taken from Loose Cannon's original post and are his words I think rather than anyone's testimony.  It's good to know these things and understand a bit more about the tent and how it was not perfect to begin with.

April 16, 2021, 02:06:28 PM
Reply #61

Investigator

If someone gave me all the evidence but didn't tell me why they left the tent or the condition of the tent, my first guess would be that it was blown open by the wind, since in the diaries it was noted that the stitching where the two tents were sewn together to make one would come apart under much better weather conditions.  A reconstruction of the tent, pitched in the same location, with the same orientation, under the same weather conditions might really help, and yet the recent official investigation didn't do this, which makes no sense to me.

And notice that in the statements by the rescuers presented on this thread, there is no mention of this being two tents sewn together (unless I somehow missed it).  Two things come to mind, one being that the tent may have frozen up quickly (at least where the stitching was), because if not, the stitching should have been coming apart and been noticed by at least one of the original investigators/rescuers.  The other thing is that one has to question their "powers of observation," not noticing or mentioning that this tent is actually two sewn together.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 03:41:24 PM by Investigator »

April 17, 2021, 09:35:04 AM
Reply #62

Manti

I think a third one is that the tent was indeed blown apart and the searchers only found one half.

April 17, 2021, 09:57:15 AM
Reply #63

Dona

That would explain the pictures  patched together.. Who knows..  But, the hikers didnt do  all that..IMO.

I do think the  wind tattered it to a degree tho.. It was out there nearly a month.