March 18, 2024, 07:19:37 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Acute Stress Reaction  (Read 18990 times)

December 24, 2019, 12:09:23 AM
Read 18990 times

Lupos

Hello forum readers,

on August 9, 2019 I published an article here under the theory "Katabatic Wind".
Dr. Borzenkov (WAB) was so friendly and corrected many inaccuracies. We have regular e-mail contact.
R. Holmgren also has lively e-mail contact.
Then I completely revised my article. I would now like to publish this new article here. Teddy was kind enough to open a new theory discussion.
The decisive factor was that I developed a new theory that explains the "Dyatlov accident" from the medical, psychological side. The precise definition of the medical situation is precisely defined by the World Health Organization (WHO).

My article is written in German. The translation into English would have cost me a lot of time again. And I've already spent around 500 hours on it. But that's no longer a problem these days with the translation programs.
In addition, many read only parts of the article and they are mostly explanatory pictures.

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas

Abstract:

The following article examines the "Dyatlov accident" at the "Kholat" in 1959.
In the first part, all relevant orographic data are recorded.
Then the weather from January 31, 1959 to February 2, 1959 is recorded in detail, based on the positions of the sun and the relief of the "Kholat" and the western pre-valley.
With the help of the "Venturi Effect", the flow conditions of the wind to the "Kholat" are calculated by developing a formula. The "Mass Inflow" of very dense and cold air from the north, which flows in from the northern slopes of the western pre-valley, is considered as a very decisive factor. This cold air supply corresponds exactly to the definition of the "Catabatic Wind".
You can divide the wind area of the general weather situation into 2 areas. Wind from SW to WNW and WNW to NNW.
A cyclone that was formed in the North at the time is considered.
Based on several expeditions, recently by Dr. Borzenkov, R. Holmgren, Joshua Gates and others the formula is checked and confirmed using the wind speeds.

In the second part, meteorological waves are examined and the visible signs of strong winds in the form of snow fields and wind abrasion zones on the mountain peaks are documented.
The possibility of "Karman’s Vortex", which can be observed worldwide on mountains, is being considered at the "Kholat".

In the third part, various theories that could have led to misfortune are discussed. Special mention should be made of "Electrostatic Charges", "Impulse Changes" of the strong wind and "Infra-Sound".

Completely new as a theory is the medically defined "stress response" according to ICD-10-WHO 2019 (F43.0).
https://icd.who.int/browse10/2016/en#/F40-F48
https://www.dimdi.de/static/de/klassifikationen/icd/icd-10-who/kode-suche/htmlamtl2019/block-f40-f48.htm

Afterwards, the group, which was brought to the limit of its physical and psychological powers by the hurricane and the cold, gained the clear realization that their death is imminent and develops the "stress response".
The consequence of this is consciousness narrowing, limited attention, the inability to process stimuli, disorientation and escape reactions (Fugue)
The behavior in the tent discussed worldwide and leaving the tent, sometimes without shoes and outer clothing, can be easily explained.

I have decided to completely rework the article. The general weather situation for 1 and 2 February 1959 is now presented in detail based on all the facts available to me on the Internet.
 I ask for your understanding. In a few weeks I will make the new article available here in the forum.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 08:02:57 AM by Lupos »

December 24, 2019, 12:25:26 PM
Reply #1

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
You have obviously carried out a thorough study and congratulations for that. The basic idea that the Dyatlov Group became disorientated etc as been put in the Forum before. Your study obviously goes further into the detail of disorientation. However DISORIENTATION from whatever cause will never explain some of the unusual injuries that some of the Dyatlov Group suffered. Also there is doubt has to why disorientation would be the reason for all of the Dyatlov Group to leave the Tent not properly dressed and head towards the Forest. However there is one possible explanation where we could put in disorientation and thats if SOMETHING scared the living daylights out of them all. Something so terrible that they all became mentally scared to death and as it turned out by the look on some of their faces LITERALLY SCARED TO DEATH.  Merry Christmas.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 07:06:58 AM by Teddy »
DB

February 07, 2020, 03:08:53 PM
Reply #2

Jean Daniel Reuss

Quote from: Lupos Acute Stress Reaction December 24, 2019, 12:09:23 AM
Afterwards, the group, which was brought to the limit of its physical and psychological powers by the hurricane and the cold, gained the clear realization that their death is imminent and develops the "stress response".
The consequence of this is consciousness narrowing, limited attention, the inability to process stimuli, disorientation and escape reactions (Fugue)
The behavior in the tent discussed worldwide and leaving the tent, sometimes without shoes and outer clothing, can be easily explained.

From what we know about the characters of the 9 hikers, thanks to the Dyatlovpass.com website, this argument is not convincing.
On the contrary, IMHO the group was very far from having reached its limits of its physical and psychological powers.
The group had only encountered a bit of wind and cold in the last few days but this was to be expected and it was what they were waiting for to show their qualities as Siberian hikers.

Moreover, it seems to me that Mr WAB also feels the same way.

Quote from: WAB, Re: Dyatlov Pass Forum > Theories Discussion > General Discussion > The ravine deaths - a theory  April 05, 2019, 01:48:33 PM
Reply #86
....2.The Group was amicable and is well prepared for taiga and cold conditions. It is necessary notice that at that time ability and desire operate in collective were much stronger, than now. After WWII has passed only 14 years, namely because of such qualities of the USSR could win war with fascists though in the beginning forces, means and skills were very unequal. It has been very well acquired even by following generation which was not at war. Besides, it is one of national lines of Russian character....

It required much more powerful and organized causes to transform the psyches of these young people in perfect physical and mental health and
I arrived at a reenactment which seems to be able to explain all the statements gathered on this website.

Of course it is a hypothesis that remains without indisputable proof and that you will find here :
               https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=411.0 --> Reply #15
with the important considerations of the physiologist Eduard Tumanov at the top of the page.

I would be glad to have your opinion and... your objections.

Jean Daniel Reuss

Rational guidance =

• There is nothing supernatural and mysterious about the injuries suffered by the Dyatlov group. They are all consistent with an attack by a group of professional killers who wanted to take the lives of the nine  [Per Inge Oestmoen].

• Now let us search for answers to: WHO ? WHY ? HOW ?

• The scenario must be consistent with the historical, political and psychological  contexts.

• The solution takes in consideration all known findings.

February 10, 2020, 01:16:21 PM
Reply #3

Lupos

Hello "Jean Daniel Reuss",

"From what we know about the characters of the 9 hikers, thanks to the Dyatlovpass.com website, this argument is not convincing."

Thank you for your detailed review of my 150 page article.

My opinion about your hypothesis is that your hypothesis does not convince me.

October 10, 2020, 01:43:54 PM
Reply #4

RidgeWatcher

Hello Lupos,

As far as ICD codes ensue are you suggesting that a "Folie a Deux" suddenly on Kholat Syakhl became a Folie a Neuf ? Do you consider that there was a timed insanity with a brief or lasting reprieve because of the somewhat organization between some member groups at the cedar and in the forest. I don't read German and it would be some time before my nephew or niece could translate your report for me, due to covid. Have you ever seen or read about a Folie a Trois, or more? Thank you.

This is what comes to my mind when I hear the term Folie a Deux but could this multiply?:

October 10, 2020, 06:00:27 PM
Reply #5

Investigator

"Pro" investigators work with the evidence that exists.  They can look for other evidence, but until that is "booked in," one should see what the existing evidence says first.  In this case, the evidence is abundant, though some of it was mishandled, unfortunately.  They were not incoherent or irrational once they left the tent area and in fact it seems they secured the tent well (otherwise, with the winds coming down that mountain, their belongings would have been spread out all over the mountainside by the time the rescuers got there).  There are two possible irrational elements, though; one is why the tent was cut open, if it was, and two, why they didn't at least take their blankets with them (the footwear and heavy coats might have gotten frozen up).  We can only guess at the first, but we can't assume that when they cut the tent all was well.  It must have been incredibly cold and ice might have been collapsing the tent.  When they tried to knock it off, the ice situation might have become even worse, and so they decided that securing the tent was crucial.  If they fought, leading to the cutting of the tent, it would be impossible to ever demonstrate that for sure, but there is some evidence that points in this direction.

That leaves us the question about leaving the tent without their heavy coats and proper footwear (except apparently for the two who acted as sentries that night), or even blankets.  Prior to 1959, at least in the USA, there had been newspaper stories about people surviving in the snow in ways that seem incredible.  In a nation with a lot of cold weather, like the Soviet Union, it's likely there were similar stories, and it may be that they simply thought hypothermia would take longer to set in than it did, or that they would be able to find adequate shelter down at the tree line, or perhaps their notions about hypothermia were very unrealistic.  If they take the blankets, the blankets are likely to get iced up and then they'd have to deal with that problem, so if they thought survival wouldn't be that difficult after they left the tent, it would make sense that securing the tent and its contents would be the top priority.  Often, we can look back and ask, "why did they do that," but in fact its easy to second guess, especially if in this case, Igor insisted that he knew exactly how to survive for several hours outside the tent that night.

December 06, 2020, 03:55:11 PM
Reply #6

Star man

Hi Lupos,

It doesn't suprise me that you have considered acute stress reaction and possible effects on the mental state of the hikers.  From  my own considerations, I have picked up on the strange behaviour of the group.  There are still many unanswered questions.  The whole thing is a bit bizarre.  One key piece of evidence that I have "interpreted" as very odd, are the cuts made from inside the tent.  If the case files are correct and these cuts were made by the hikers themselves, then it reveals some useful insights I think.  If you examine the cuts in detail, you will see that at least one of the cuts, is through a seam on the tent.  This would have  been difficult to cut quickly, and since it is very close to the door of the tent it does seem to contradict the notion that its was made to make a quick escape.  The cut after it is made, appears to have been pulled, tearing a bigger hole in the tent.

What puzzles me, is that the mental state of the hikers was affected by something, how could it have happened so quickly.  The tent state, suggests that they were eating or had just finished their evening meal, when things went bad.  I would imagine that after eating that meal and settling in, they would have updated their diaries, but this had not yet happened.  They had produced the pamphlet, which suggested they were in good spirit.  So what could cause them all to deteriorate inmental state so quickly?  Also, there are posts and evidence to suggest that the hikers were taking photos of something.  Semyon wearing his camera and Yuri K set up his camera on a tripod to photograph something.  What sort of psychosis could result in the rapid deterioration of cognitive state of at least most of the group in such a short space of time?

Regards

Star man

December 07, 2020, 03:02:05 PM
Reply #7

sarapuk

"Pro" investigators work with the evidence that exists.  They can look for other evidence, but until that is "booked in," one should see what the existing evidence says first.  In this case, the evidence is abundant, though some of it was mishandled, unfortunately.  They were not incoherent or irrational once they left the tent area and in fact it seems they secured the tent well (otherwise, with the winds coming down that mountain, their belongings would have been spread out all over the mountainside by the time the rescuers got there).  There are two possible irrational elements, though; one is why the tent was cut open, if it was, and two, why they didn't at least take their blankets with them (the footwear and heavy coats might have gotten frozen up).  We can only guess at the first, but we can't assume that when they cut the tent all was well.  It must have been incredibly cold and ice might have been collapsing the tent.  When they tried to knock it off, the ice situation might have become even worse, and so they decided that securing the tent was crucial.  If they fought, leading to the cutting of the tent, it would be impossible to ever demonstrate that for sure, but there is some evidence that points in this direction.

That leaves us the question about leaving the tent without their heavy coats and proper footwear (except apparently for the two who acted as sentries that night), or even blankets.  Prior to 1959, at least in the USA, there had been newspaper stories about people surviving in the snow in ways that seem incredible.  In a nation with a lot of cold weather, like the Soviet Union, it's likely there were similar stories, and it may be that they simply thought hypothermia would take longer to set in than it did, or that they would be able to find adequate shelter down at the tree line, or perhaps their notions about hypothermia were very unrealistic.  If they take the blankets, the blankets are likely to get iced up and then they'd have to deal with that problem, so if they thought survival wouldn't be that difficult after they left the tent, it would make sense that securing the tent and its contents would be the top priority.  Often, we can look back and ask, "why did they do that," but in fact its easy to second guess, especially if in this case, Igor insisted that he knew exactly how to survive for several hours outside the tent that night.

How can the evidence be abundant. There is hardly any evidence at all. There is probably an abundance of missing evidence. How can you know how they felt upon having to leave the Tent. We dont know the circumstances of them having to leave the Tent.
DB

December 20, 2020, 11:19:57 AM
Reply #8

Lupos

Hello "RidgeWatcher",

thank you very much for the very interesting information. I have watched the film, with German subtitles.
The disorder shown in the film is listed as "F24" in the "ICD-10 WHO version of 2016".

https://icd.who.int/browse10/2016/en#/F20-F29

There it is an
"induced delusion" - "psychotic infection" - "symbiotic delusion".

As I have read it is not necessarily limited to 2 people. Nor does there necessarily have to be a relationship.
Social isolation is seen as an important risk factor for the onset of the disorder.

The medical phenomenon I have described is a stress reaction (ICD-10 F43) without a mental disorder in the person (this is in contrast to the Swedish twins!). It is a normal physiological or psychological reaction to a traumatic event.

https://icd.who.int/browse10/2016/en#/F40-F48

"...beginning with a kind of "stupor", with some narrowing of consciousness and limited attention, an inability to process stimuli and disorientation. This state may be followed by further withdrawal from the environmental situation (up to dissociative stupor, see F44.2) or by a state of agitation and hyperactivity (such as escape). "

These symptoms generally appear within minutes of the stressful event and resolve within hours or 1-2 days.
Here there is an immediate and clear temporal relationship between the stress and the onset of symptoms.

Trigger factors can be:

Experiencing rape, sexual abuse, acts of war, hostage-taking, torture, accidents, natural disasters.

What these events have in common is that they involve a threat to life or a serious risk of physical damage.

It suffers this disorder:

13% traffic victims
19% Victims of violence
20% Technical accidents
33% Witnesses to a shooting

If you look at the number of these crimes for a year in a country, you realise that this stress reaction is common. In the US, I estimate it to be 5000 citizens per year.

For me it is absolutely clear that such a reaction also took place in the Dyatlov group. More or less with everyone.
Nobody can tell me that these young people, in the face of death, left the tent for certain death without any signs of stress reactions. That would be supermen.

Dr Borzenkov (WAB) wrote:
"...All their actions in the tent are conditioned by the absence of rational activity and decisions contrary to everything, including the instinct of self-preservation." "...From this it can be concluded that they did not make decisions that correspond to logic and full human intellect."

R. Holmgren:
 "...that the story of Dyatlov Pass is not largely rooted in a rational mindset, but in a mythical and often irrational understanding ..."
"...Even if the reader tries to maintain an approach, there may be circumstances more complicated than mere hypothermia..."
"...Whatever killed her could really be called an "unknown compelling force" - or should we rather say "unthought compelling force""
"...Don't think for a second that we are completely rational when we approach the case."

I would also like to point out that my meteorological analysis has been heavily reworked and added to. I will publish all this here in the next few weeks or months, as a new report.
It has turned out that, in addition to the description of the "Catabatic Wind", a much more disastrous effect has occurred.
Using additional old meteorological weather maps (reference from WAB), the phenomenon of the "Cold Air Drop" was detected in the area of the Urals. This is a high-altitude cold-air drop of more than -40°C. When this comes under the influence of high pressure, it drops quickly and the cold air also falls vertically to the earth's surface. With "Wind-Chill-Effect", the temperature in the tent fell below -50°C. This is symbolically like to "Quick-Frozen". The tent had to be left immediately.
And this is exactly what happened on the night of 1/2 February 1959. This additional "BOOST" penetrated the lower valley, with trees, where the group had taken protection and made survival impossible.

In the end, the decision to leave the tent immediately was only due to an extreme and sudden event. The friends of the "Yetis" and "UFOS" and "Killers" and "Animals" also agree on that.
But these theories cannot explain the death of all the members as it happened. If anything, only meteorology and physics can.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 08:59:20 AM by Lupos »

December 21, 2020, 12:17:17 PM
Reply #9

sarapuk

Re Lupos. [[ In the end, the decision to leave the tent immediately was only due to an extreme and sudden event. The friends of the "Yetis" and "UFOS" and "Killers" and "Animals" also agree on that.
But these theories cannot explain the death of all the members as it happened. If anything, only meteorology and physics can. ]]

Yes people would behave like that if they were scared to death of something. There is no Theory that can explain the death of all the Dyatlov Group. We need more Evidence.
DB

December 29, 2020, 06:51:47 AM
Reply #10

Lupos

My coming report will provide detailed evidence for all claims. About 50 pictures will contribute to this.
No incomprehensible formulae will be used.

All additional information will be explained and attached as an appendix.
The detailed report will appear here, in German, English and possibly in Russian. When I find someone to help me.

ABSTRACT:

An Anticyclone from the "Barent Sea" reached the Urals on 31.1.1959.
Around 11 p.m. local time, the Anticyclone reached the "Pechora Sea" and came under the influence of high pressure.
Extremely cold air of -40°C to -50°C, which flowed in from North Siberia at 5 000 m to 10 000 m altitude, sank vertically to the Earth's surface as a result. This is called "Cold-Air-Drop".
This area had a size of about 500 km.
How a cold-air drop is created is symbolically shown in this film. In winter it appears without clouds.
https://www.wetteronline.de/wetter-videos/2018-05-15-kt
The film is self-explanatory so that the German language is not important in the film.

On 01.02.1959 at about 5 p.m. local time, the falling "Cold-Air" is near the "Kholat". With increasing high-pressure influence, the cold air expands to the South-West and reaches a dimension of about 800 km. The weather stations from the North-Coast to South of the "Kholat" register the cold air demonstrably.
Incorrectly, the advance of the low temperatures is interpreted as a „Cold Front" close to the ground.
This is clearly contradicted by the wind. The ground winds from 1.2.1959 to 2.2.1959 only point South with a component of 20 km/h maximum. On 2.2.1959 around 5 a.m. local time even with a crosswind.

A much discussed „Cold-Front-Speed" of around 55 km/h close to the ground is therefore completely impossible.
In a Russian forum this were confirmed.
The group reached the campsite around late afternoon of 1.2.1959. At the campsite, the wind of the general weather situation increased to 15 m/s by to the Bernoulli-Effect and the temperature dropped to around -20°C caused by the altitude.
The group expected a wind speed of 15 m/s (+/- 10 m/s) and temperatures of -20°C (+/- 5°C) overnight.
This normally was no problem for the group.

It is important to know that a human body produces 40 watts. 9 people can increase the temperature in the tent by more than +15°C if there is no wind and the tent is intact.
Therefore, one would not expect less than - 10°C in the tent. It should be quite clear that otherwise the group would have spent the night in the valley.

But the tent was not intact. Therefore, the conditions changed for the worse.
Around </= 1% of the tent canvas had holes or rope-stitches.
In a storm, a tent flutters about 15 000 times in one hour. The free ends of the cracks in the tent wall oscillate in the audible range.
But the largest part of the air volume of 3-4 m3, oscillate with about 4-5 forced-oscillations per second (4-5 Hz = Infrasonic-Frequency-Range) with a result, there was a strong exchange of air with the outside air. This leads to a "Wind-Chill-Effect" in the tent.

Around 7 pm local time, a "Katabatic Wind" is generated by extremely cooled North-Western hillsides in the western "Pre-Valley" of the Kholat.
The wind speed caused by the inflow of air masses and Bernoulli-Effect at the "Kholat", increases the wind to 35 m/s (+/- 5 m/s) at the tent site. The temperature suddenly drops to -25°C to -30°C.
(Both values were also measured by Dr. Borzenkov (WAB) during an expedition (27.1.2015) and are not unusual at "Kholat" in winter).
R. Holmgren measured a temperature of -43°C in his tent at the campsite of the "Dyatlov group" shortly after he entering it at around 5 pm on 1 February 2019.
(R. Holmgren has completed a film with "Swedish Television" about his "Kholat Expedition" from 27 to 29 January 2019.   There I present my latest research on a "Cold Air Drop" that came from 5 000m to 10 000m under the influence of high pressure.)

The American journalist (Joshua Gates) with his USA film team include "Teddy" from "Dyatlov-Pass-Forum" describes the evening on Kholat (09.2.2019) as - 35°C and feeling like - 55°C.

In a tent without damage, the Dyatlov-Group could have survived wind speeds of  35 m/s  and temperatures of maximum -30 °C due to body heat. Now, however, the temperature inside the tent drops to -38°C due to the damage. Outside, wind chill brings it down to -45°C.

Around 9 p.m. local, the "Cold-Drop" suddenly breaks through the altitude of 1000 m (Kholat) with extremely cold air of -40°C to -50°C. Inside the tent, the felt temperature dropped to -60°C as result.

In "Nyaksymvol/Burmantovo" -28.8°C was measured in the night of 1/2 February, at an altitude of 170 m, which confirms my data because the air warms up on the descent.
Even without the additional cold blast, the group would have had to leave the tent after a short time to go to the lower valley, with practically no wind and with about -20°C. There, survival without the "Cold-Drop" might have been possible.

The group left the tent, as one can read from the official reports, without optimal clothing and tools.

It can be explained by necessity that the group tried to leave the tent as quickly as possible through knife cuts due to the shock of the cold.
But it is absolutely inexplicable why individuals did not take a few tools and warm clothing with them, even if they did not put it on immediately.

"Acute-Stress-Reaktion", i.e. short-term Psychic Shock and Escape Reaction in individual group members, are highly probable and can explain the sometimes-incomprehensible leaving of the tent.

This behavior would not be unusual, especially since every year thousands of people in every country in the world show the same symptoms in deadly distress and life-threatening crisis situations.

https://icd.who.int/browse10/2016/en#/F40-F48.
(Especially F43)

In the valley, the "High-Altitude-Cold-Air" displaced the -20°C air stored there. The temperature dropped to < -40°C without wind influence.

The group members died. Also, the completely clothed persons.

The disaster had consequently 3 important nature problems.
The "Katabatic Wind“, the "Acute-Stress-Reaction" and the "Cold-Air-Drop" from altitude.
In addition, there were 2 human factors.
The choice of the campsite and the bad condition of the tent.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 09:31:57 AM by Lupos »

December 29, 2020, 01:17:43 PM
Reply #11

marieuk

I look forward to reading your article.  The more I think about everything the more my head hurts!  how they left the tent and ended up by the cedar tree etc just doesn't seem to add up.  As you state, if it was due solely to the weather then surely they would have grabbed things to take with them as they left?  If something had scared them, then why would they stand outside before walking down the slope?  SarapUK says some of them died with terror on their faces - what would cause them to look so scared?  So many questions. 

December 29, 2020, 02:53:31 PM
Reply #12

sarapuk

I look forward to reading your article.  The more I think about everything the more my head hurts!  how they left the tent and ended up by the cedar tree etc just doesn't seem to add up.  As you state, if it was due solely to the weather then surely they would have grabbed things to take with them as they left?  If something had scared them, then why would they stand outside before walking down the slope?  SarapUK says some of them died with terror on their faces - what would cause them to look so scared?  So many questions.

We dont how long they were outside the Tent before going downhill. People with terror etched onto their faces are usually facing imminent danger. Danger of death for instance. Be it Human or Animal of some kind or even Alien or maybe an Object of some kind.
DB

December 29, 2020, 07:33:30 PM
Reply #13

marieuk

ok thank you Sarapuk. that's interesting to know that it could be the knowledge of an impending death and not just seeing something terrifying.

January 24, 2021, 07:52:27 AM
Reply #14

Lupos

This is the 2nd ABSTRACT.

The full article will be edited further.
If necessary, I will renew the abstract 2023 and insert it here with another link. Absolut Virus free. A German T-Online Cloud.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 11:41:40 AM by Lupos »

January 24, 2021, 05:01:08 PM
Reply #15

sarapuk

This is the 2nd ABSTRACT.

The full article will be edited further.
If necessary, I will renew the abstract and insert it here with another link. Absolut Virus free. A German T-Online Cloud.

I have just read it.  Its well put together.  But I have many issues with your assertation.  Lets start with the Tent.  You say that it was in bad condition.  But we have no way of knowing the exact condition of the Tent. We have seen photographs. Some of those old canvas type Tents were very strong. I have used a similar type in extremely windy conditions, actually gale force conditions that blew Trees down around me. As for the holes well the only holes Iam aware of are the ones caused by Cuts. I see your Tent in the experiment blew over and probably fairly easily. The Dyatlov Tent was firmly fixed to the ground. Now you say that the Katabatic wind really got going from 7PM and that the wind from above started at 11PM. Now if that were the case it means that the Dyatlov Group would have had plenty of time to think about the situation and do something about it. Obviously they evacuated the Tent very quickly without stopping to dress properly or gather together their essentials.
DB

March 02, 2023, 05:18:10 AM
Reply #16

tenne

found it and read it, thank you Ziljoe. bumping it back up for people like myself who haven't seen it.

One thing that I would like to see looked into is Semyon was a trained soldier, they train over and over so muscle memory takes over in times of extreme stress. It would be an interesting avenue for someone who, unlike myself, had military knowledge and could find some sources about dealing with situations like this. i.e. extreme stress with limited options

March 02, 2023, 05:50:21 AM
Reply #17

Ziljoe

Not a problem.

I'm not sure how much training Semyon would have had as a soldier or what skill set or muscle memory would come into things. However , he may have had experience in times of stress or fear. Being able to assess the situation first before any panic.

Given that he was one of the better dressed , he may have decided to get his boots and smock on and also take some more clothes for the rest of the group , if for example they made for going down the slope first and getting distance from the tent. Maybe he followed with some clothes to give to the rest of the group? Hence , one of the reports of some items found leading away from the tent .

For arguments sake, he battled  a slow continuous slide of snow/wind for what he could quickly and assuming take before he concluded the risk was too great to hang about any more.

Again I will repeat, although their may have been no real danger from a small snow slip, slab, slide or whatever version of an avalanche , they just needed to perceive there was a danger and there is the possibility of the wind and tempature drop.

Only a thought and it's all very interesting.

April 10, 2023, 11:29:34 AM
Reply #18

Олег Таймень

Afterwards, the group, which was brought to the limit of its physical and psychological powers by the hurricane and the cold

How did the tourists undergo physical exhaustion in 6-8 hours? Did they run a marathon for 6-8 hours? Or unloaded a car of coal at speed? Explain what kind of physical activity, in your opinion, the tourists experienced in this short period of time? Estimate the volume and intensity of this physical activity in numbers.
If a mountain comes towards you, and you are not Mohammed, then it is a rockfall.