Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Igor Dyatlov's ankle wounds

<< < (2/10) > >>

Ziljoe:

--- Quote from: Charles on August 28, 2022, 06:05:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: amashilu on August 02, 2022, 12:44:03 PM ---The autopsy on Igor Dyatlov says "both ankles had brownish red abrasions, size 1x0.5 cm and 3x2.5 cm with hemorrhage into the underlying tissue."

Other abrasions on his body were defined as "minor," but these were not. They were deep and they bled.

I cannot think of anything that would cause deep ankle abrasions like this, except being tied with rope or hand-cuffs or some other strong material, and Igor struggling against the restraints. Can anyone? It would be beneficial if we could come up with any other cause and would help guide us to: human interference or not human interference.

--- End quote ---

You are 100% right.

--- End quote ---

Why is it 100% right?

Charles:
nothing here

JohnK:

--- Quote from: amashilu on August 02, 2022, 12:44:03 PM ---The autopsy on Igor Dyatlov says "both ankles had brownish red abrasions, size 1x0.5 cm and 3x2.5 cm with hemorrhage into the underlying tissue."

Other abrasions on his body were defined as "minor," but these were not. They were deep and they bled.

I cannot think of anything that would cause deep ankle abrasions like this, except being tied with rope or hand-cuffs or some other strong material, and Igor struggling against the restraints. Can anyone? It would be beneficial if we could come up with any other cause and would help guide us to: human interference or not human interference.

--- End quote ---

Here’s one thought from my own experiences. (1) I’ve had ankle bruising from new modern x-country ski boots after only a few days of skiing from tying the laces tight around my ankles. (2) I’ve also done multi day hikes in the snow, and the absolute worst thing that you can have happen is to get your feet wet on a winter trek, the skin gets soft and splits easily, you will do anything to keep that from happening.

Combining these two facts, if I had their 1950’s ski boots, and wanted to keep my feet dry, I’d tie the straps very tight to keep water out (and for better ski control on hills/uneven surfaces). It’s no surprise to me at all that there were ankle abrasions, especially if the skin had gotten wet.

Just google “nordic ski ankle abrasion”. Even with modern ski equipment research says the majority of Nordic ski injuries involve soft tissue damage, 18% are abrasions.

GlennM:
This thread makes me appreciate all the more the sturdiness of those student hikers in 1959. By the standards of today, they braved the elements with clothing unsuitable for extreme conditions. And, the wear and tear on their bodies, like these ankle abrasions is evidence of it.

Per Inge Oestmoen:

--- End quote ---

It is extremely likely that Dyatlov was indeed handcuffed on his feet.

Please look at all the injuries of the nine. These injuries can only be explained by murder.

There was a planned murder, which had to be made to look like an accident because the nine students were loyal Soviet citizens with connections in the "right" people in Russian society. However, if the nine students had witnessed something in the Urals which they were not supposed to know they would be a threat to state security. The relevant agency would mercilessly exterminate anyone who could jeopardize state secrets.

It completely escapes me how anyone can fail to see that these nine unfortunates were all murdered.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version