April 19, 2024, 01:34:35 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Walking Together  (Read 3492 times)

January 23, 2023, 03:39:17 PM
Read 3492 times

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Yup…. another imaginative reach in my opinion.

Could they have all gone down the slope together?  Sure

But there isn’t any proof based facts that it took place that way. Why? because there are 8-9 tracks?  And? How do we not consider they left in groups spaced hours apart? If I walk down the slope 1hr before you do both leaving tracks, someone else draws the conclusion we left together?  Just another example of how misguided our understanding truly is. The variables are endless
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

The following users thanked this post: Ehtnisba, marieuk, Manti, tenne

January 23, 2023, 05:25:17 PM
Reply #1

GlennM

Instead of dwelling on the variables, we might do better finding and agreeing on the certainties. They are finite.

The following users thanked this post: Robin

January 24, 2023, 06:45:35 AM
Reply #2

Missi

There's one thing that could prove two people went together. If there are areas in which one line of footprints is below the other AND areas in which it's the other way around.
But I believe, there are no such areas in the dyatlov case. Only one area of crossing prints.

January 24, 2023, 08:10:45 AM
Reply #3

GlennM

The record suggests the footprints were multidirectional before coalescing into the main trace. This is consistent with everybody leaving simultaneously. Logically, it would have been follow the leader from the beginning,  and a direct path to the woods. The implication is that if these fanned out prints were created, the makers were free to do so. It rules out assault from without. The coalesced prints rules out assault from within.

The following users thanked this post: Robin

January 24, 2023, 01:01:01 PM
Reply #4

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
The record suggests the footprints were multidirectional before coalescing into the main trace. This is consistent with everybody leaving simultaneously. Logically, it would have been follow the leader

But it wasn’t follow the leader.  Would looove to know how multidirectional right near the tent can translate to an all together simultaneous event. 
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

January 24, 2023, 04:05:16 PM
Reply #5

GlennM

That one is easy. Go to any theater and yell "Fire".

Well…. that would be illegal.  There os no possible way to discern what time each track was made, nor if they were made minutes or hours apart.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 06:52:25 PM by Loose}{Cannon »

The following users thanked this post: ilahiyol

January 24, 2023, 05:52:25 PM
Reply #6

ilahiyol

That one is easy. Go to any theater and yell "Fire".
Yes, they left the tent due to a sudden danger and dispersed in different directions. Then they thought it would be better to be together and they joined together. Because being together is a situation that will definitely help with survival. Here we can deduce something like this. What they saw wasn't terrifying enough to blow their minds. If it were, it would not be possible for them to unite and walk together. They were on their minds. And they knew where they were going. but there was an absolutely fatal reason preventing them from staying in the tent. Otherwise, they would never have left the tent.

The following users thanked this post: GlennM

January 24, 2023, 06:49:33 PM
Reply #7

GlennM

We might safely consider a couple of possibilities. There is the possibility that everyone spread out in search of something. There is the chance that everyone moved in different directions according to their belief of where the threat was coming from.In the latter instance, darkness, blinding snow or both might be reasonable. From this, I feel that the tent was left because the damage it sustained during those conditions precluded return nor repair.

January 25, 2023, 04:33:34 AM
Reply #8

marieuk

If the footprints belong to the Dyatlov group and they all died approximately 6-8 hours after their last meal, then it would appear they all walked down during a fairly short timeframe.  True, maybe not all  at the same time.  If only we had more facts  grin1

January 25, 2023, 06:29:55 AM
Reply #9

Missi

If the footprints belong to the Dyatlov group and they all died approximately 6-8 hours after their last meal, then it would appear they all walked down during a fairly short timeframe.  True, maybe not all  at the same time.  If only we had more facts  grin1

I know, this leads away from the actual topic, but your statement induced a question:
Do we know, WHAT they ate last? It might be irrelevant. But maybe...
And yes, I know what food was found in the tent. I was wondering, whether it could be determined for each one by the contents of the stomach.

January 25, 2023, 07:49:35 AM
Reply #10

GlennM

We can not rule out fear to explain their evacuation  of the tent. All behavior is motivated. I can imagine a fierce snowstorm that splits the side of the tent. As snow pours into the tent, the hikers scramble over each other to get out.No time for boots! In the congestion inside,  they fear entrapment, crush and suffocation. It would not be easy to sew the tent back up in a hurricane wind.It would not be practical to shore up the torn wall with hand packed snow against the cold scouring wind.

Any port in a storm! They make for the forest and make a quick assessment Breathing, Bleeding, Broken Bones, Burns. Each is attended to as well as possible, but eash was inadequate under the conditions.

The elephant in the room is why their corpses were checked for radiation. It occurs to me that the test was done at the University, not the hospital. In that case, someone thought it a good idea to be thorough. After all they did keep the ruined tent, yes?

January 25, 2023, 03:25:53 PM
Reply #11

marieuk

I know, this leads away from the actual topic, but your statement induced a question:
And yes, I know what food was found in the tent. I was wondering, whether it could be determined for each one by the contents of the stomach.
[/quote]

Good question.  Unfortunately, the only reference I can find is to a reddish mass.  Maybe somebody else knows more.

The following users thanked this post: Missi

January 25, 2023, 04:00:03 PM
Reply #12

Ziljoe

Good question.  Unfortunately, the only reference I can find is to a reddish mass.  Maybe somebody else knows more.
[/quote]

From what I can I remember, there was talk about some kind of jelly drink that they would use. I think like a jelly cube that you add hot water too. I'm sure it's some where in the forum. Also that the contents of the stomach with hypothermia are some what inaccurate. Sorry I can't add more.

The following users thanked this post: marieuk, Missi

January 26, 2023, 08:23:29 AM
Reply #13

RMK

From what I can I remember, there was talk about some kind of jelly drink that they would use. I think like a jelly cube that you add hot water too. I'm sure it's some where in the forum. Also that the contents of the stomach with hypothermia are some what inaccurate. Sorry I can't add more.
Ziljoe, I believe you're thinking of kissel.

The following users thanked this post: Ziljoe

January 26, 2023, 08:35:55 AM
Reply #14

Ziljoe

Ziljoe, I believe you're thinking of kissel.

That's the one, thanks RMK. I'm sure there was discussion on it.