Theories Discussion > General Discussion

The Biggest Mystery Of All...

(1/4) > >>

MDGross:
There are mysteries galore in this most mysterious case.

• How were Lyuda, Tibo and Sasha fatally injured?

• Where was the tent pitched – mountain slope, forest, somewhere else?

• Were the bodies moved and the entire scene staged?  And by whom?

• Was there a government coverup of the facts that has now lasted for 65 years?

• Was the side of the tent cut from the inside or outside?

• But for me, the biggest mystery is why, except for Tibo and Sasha, did the others flee barefooted or stocking footed and only in the clothes they were sleeping in? These were experienced cold-weather hikers. They knew that in the Siberian winter the greatest danger was the freezing weather.

In deference to GlennM, I can’t understand how a natural occurring phenomenon would cause them to flee in such an ill-prepared state. Did they believe that their lives were in immediate danger? Only time to slice the tent open and flee. But then why did they walk in such an orderly fashion as it appears? The terrain in not conducive to avalanches, even snow slips. And if they were suffering from hypothermia inside the tent, why would they entertain themselves by writing the satirical “Daily Otorten”? It appears they were relaxed and enjoying themselves.

As I’ve said before, the only satisfactory answer for me is that they were forced to exit the tent so poorly dressed by an armed third party. I favor the KGB. But arguments could be made for the CIA, escaped convicts, a murderous group intent on killing them, perhaps even Mansi.

If this particular mystery could be incontrovertibly solved, then everything else would fall into place.

Axelrod:

--- Quote from: MDGross on February 27, 2024, 07:56:58 AM ---But arguments could be made for the CIA...

--- End quote ---
It will be very intersting to hear such arguments!

Ziljoe:

--- Quote from: MDGross on February 27, 2024, 07:56:58 AM ---There are mysteries galore in this most mysterious case.

--- End quote ---

I agree but some of these mysteries have been enhanced by speculation and media, to the point our minds run wild with imagination.

--- Quote from: MDGross on February 27, 2024, 07:56:58 AM ---• How were Lyuda, Tibo and Sasha fatally injured?

--- End quote ---

I look at the location of the bodies. 3-4 meters of snow on top of them, a ravine with a drop, the serious injuries relate with the hard surface of the ground as opposed to the upper body. To me ,this suggests a crush injury by a force towards the stream bed.

--- Quote from: MDGross on February 27, 2024, 07:56:58 AM ---
• Where was the tent pitched – mountain slope, forest, somewhere else?

--- End quote ---

All intial evidence points to the tent being pitched on the slope , tent found on slope  , footprints towards the forest. No indicators of others. I think this is important, any stagers would not know that footprints, showing detail of socks or toes would last 3 weeks or what prints they would leave behind. It's quite a unique set of snow conditions. I don't think stagers or outsiders would know what would prints would be left behind. It's such a random variable, I can't see that being staged.

--- Quote from: MDGross on February 27, 2024, 07:56:58 AM ---• Were the bodies moved and the entire scene staged?  And by whom?

--- End quote ---

I can't see it as there's no evidence for anyone else being there.

--- Quote from: MDGross on February 27, 2024, 07:56:58 AM ---• Was there a government coverup of the facts that has now lasted for 65 years?

--- End quote ---

Million dollar question , no matter how corrupt our governments are or can be, they also occasionally tell the truth. The is the possibility that they just didn't know, or care, it was 65 years ago, things were different then, no lawyer's and cash payments. It would have already cost money and resources, there were errors by the organisation of the hike and risk assessments. Embarrassing all round. I'm pretty sure if the government wanted to blame people for murder they could have blamed the Mansi or framed them. If there was a cover up , this would have been the easiest thing to do to close the case.

• Was the side of the tent cut from the inside or outside?

--- End quote ---

Both probably, no way to know fur sure.

• But for me, the biggest mystery is why, except for Tibo and Sasha, did the others flee barefooted or stocking footed and only in the clothes they were sleeping in? These were experienced cold-weather hikers. They knew that in the Siberian winter the greatest danger was the freezing weather.

--- End quote ---

This suggests that they had to leave the tent with what they had. Although it can be freezing cold it can be relatively mild also. The decision must have been made that descending to the forest was better than staying at the tent for any length of time.

In deference to GlennM, I can’t understand how a natural occurring phenomenon would cause them to flee in such an ill-prepared state. Did they believe that their lives were in immediate danger? Only time to slice the tent open and flee. But then why did they walk in such an orderly fashion as it appears? The terrain in not conducive to avalanches, even snow slips. And if they were suffering from hypothermia inside the tent, why would they entertain themselves by writing the satirical “Daily Otorten”? It appears they were relaxed and enjoying themselves.

--- End quote ---

We don't know when that was written. They walked as this was this was obviously the best option.

As I’ve said before, the only satisfactory answer for me is that they were forced to exit the tent so poorly dressed by an armed third party. I favor the KGB. But arguments could be made for the CIA, escaped convicts, a murderous group intent on killing them, perhaps even Mansi.

--- End quote ---

Convicts, no theft of anything. I don't know what the CIA would be doing in the middle of nowhere. Same as the KGB, what motive does anyone have to kill young students, why?

--- Quote from: MDGross on February 27, 2024, 07:56:58 AM ---If this particular mystery could be incontrovertibly solved, then everything else would fall into place.

--- End quote ---

There's snow, cold, wind, exhaustion and what looks like an attempt at survival. It does not look like murder in the slightest, if we could  find the conclusion as to why they left the tent , I don't think we would have so many other questions to the rest of the case.

anna_pycckux:

--- Quote from: MDGross on February 27, 2024, 07:56:58 AM ---• But for me, the biggest mystery is why, except for Tibo and Sasha, did the others flee barefooted or stocking footed and only in the clothes they were sleeping in?

--- End quote ---
The fact that the group cut up the tent and ran away from some kind of danger is an imposed false scheme. Tourists could not cut the tent under any circumstances, and this could never happen. Tourists, on the contrary, sewed up a tent at each rest stop. According to my version, the guys were lured out of the tent by deception
(for example to help a wounded hunter), they came out warmly dressed.

GlennM:
Extraordinary claims need extraordinary evidence, for which there is none. Breathing, bleeding, broken bones and burns all take priority over dressing up. I submit that escaping the tent to prevent suffocation as being the leading cause. I do not rule out paradoxical undressing. I am certain, since rescuers ate the provisions that it was not toxicity.

There is no direct, nor indirect evidence to indicate the presence of man, nor beast affecting the hikers. Once that is ruled out, then the only remaining explanation must be natural reactions to natural events. Surely things happened in sequence. Each of us hypothesizes what that sequence is. If something appears odd, then it may only indicate the order if the sequence is incorrect, not that it did not happen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version