Theories Discussion > General Discussion

The Post-Mortem Photos

(1/2) > >>

Armide:
Apologies if this is a stupid question. How were the post-mortem photos of the group released to the public? Did all of the parents of the group agree to have pictures of their children's corpses released? Were the photos released after the deaths of their parents? Was it simply a matter of transparency for the police at the time?

If Dubinina's father fainted upon seeing his daughter's corpse, there's no way he might have been fine with that picture of her corpse being released. Most of the pictures are evidence, sure, but what happened that gave us– random people online access to them?

Loose}{Cannon:
I believe they were released as part of the case files when they were made public.   

Could be wrong thought....  too many details to remember in this case. 

CalzagheChick:
I would say that's a pretty great question, not stupid at all. I believe I mentioned something likewise about how she was so beautiful and now she's remembered to history in those photos of her autopsy, breasts exposed... everything.

Armide:

--- Quote from: CalzagheChick on May 12, 2018, 05:25:13 PM ---I believe I mentioned something likewise about how she was so beautiful and now she's remembered to history in those photos of her autopsy, breasts exposed... everything.

--- End quote ---

Right? I don't have children of my own so I can't even imagine the pain the parents must have felt, but if that had been my sibling lying naked and decaying in the morgue, I think I would raise all hell to get those photos out of the public eye. I guess it must have been released as part of the criminal case, otherwise I can't think of a reason as to why a family member would release them. Unless... maybe they were angry at the lack of transparency in the case and wanted the world to see in what atrocious conditions their children died? I really don't know

CalzagheChick:
Some newer photos are surfacing here lately that truly give those of us who have followed the case a more accurate look at the Cedar2. I had always felt like the photos I'd seen previously didn't really show the victims in their underwear as has been suggested by almost every single article on the subject of Dyatlov Pass. At best, I thought that maybe they considered long John's or thermal wear to be underwear at this time. That's what it always looked like to me.

Until recently. I saw the bodies that were stored by Boot Rock to be lifted out including the Cedar2 and Zinaida. They Cedar2 were clearly stripped down to their briefs. And to me, seeing it? For the first time? I was truly horrified. I know that he was dead when he was stripped of clothing that lent more minutes to another soul, but it was just too much to see. I don't think those photos should circulate the internet at all. Out of respect for the dead and the living families.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version