Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Press conference 2-4-2019

(1/7) > >>

Teddy:

Prosecutor of Sverdlovsk Andrey Kuryakov is pretty much repeating what he already said on 1 Feb 2019
Out of 75 theories the prosecutor cuts off any foul play leaving only 3 theories: avalanche, snowslab and a hurricane.

Regarding Popov's testimony dated 6.02 - the main reason for the confusion with the date on the cover of Dyatlov case (dating 6 of February - a week before Dyatlov group was even due back in Vizhay) the Prosecutor of Sverdlovsk Andrey Kuryakov suggested that it could have come from another unrelated case, because there is no reference to Dyatlov case in the testimony. This is setting a very bad precedent. This means all the testimonies even if they refer to tourists if they don't directly mention the name of Dyatlov, they might be from a different case.

The investigation is not popular. It servers only Buyanov - the ambassador of the avalanche/snowslab theory.

Nigel Evans:
I'm not surprised given the stated areas of expertise.
Could be looking in the wrong place perhaps...
dance1 dance1 dance1                               afraid7 afraid7 afraid7

Marchesk:

--- Quote from: Teddy on February 04, 2019, 02:03:05 AM ---Out of 75 theories the prosecutor cuts off any foul play leaving only 3 theories: avalanche, snowslab and a hurricane.

--- End quote ---

I thought the high wind theory was considered and quickly ruled out by the initial investigation. An avalanche contradicts the evidence. And there was no snow slab found on the tent, just some loose snow that likely blew onto it. Plus people have been there since then in the winter, walked around, measured the slope, and even pitched their own tents. There's no indication that an avalanche or snow slide would occur where the tent was approximately located.

Of the 75 (I didn't know it was near that many), seems like they picked three of the less likely theories.

Loose}{Cannon:
If you rule out 73 out of  75.....    it will not be popular with the vast majority no matter what 3 he has chosen.  Why am I not surprised its the same shitshow today as it was in 1959?

Nigel Evans:

--- Quote from: Marchesk on February 04, 2019, 04:21:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: Teddy on February 04, 2019, 02:03:05 AM ---Out of 75 theories the prosecutor cuts off any foul play leaving only 3 theories: avalanche, snowslab and a hurricane.

--- End quote ---

I thought the high wind theory was considered and quickly ruled out by the initial investigation. An avalanche contradicts the evidence. And there was no snow slab found on the tent, just some loose snow that likely blew onto it. Plus people have been there since then in the winter, walked around, measured the slope, and even pitched their own tents. There's no indication that an avalanche or snow slide would occur where the tent was approximately located.

Of the 75 (I didn't know it was near that many), seems like they picked three of the less likely theories.

--- End quote ---

Or the three least likely!

Avalanche or snowslab :-

1. a torch was found resting on the outside of the tent?
2. why not return for more clothing/footwear?
3. ski poles not disturbed as per photographs?

Hurricane strength wind :-

1. a torch was found resting on the outside of the tent?
2. they walked down the mountain but couldn't crawl back to the tent for more clothing/footwear?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version