Theories Discussion > General Discussion

What happened on/to this mountain next to Otorten????

(1/9) > >>

Dominov:
The May search party took this pictures. They are ultra strange. There is a slope next to Otorten which has no snow and is hot? WTF? And we can see it. Have a look!

This is not an artefact. There should be snow... Next image shows you a zoom.

All four guys wondering what that is....

And then this guy warming his hands one meter above ground.... Even in May it's still cold up there... P.S. It a slope next to Otorten, not Otorten itself.

What could have happened there? And how did people who entered this area die?

Any ideas what happened there?

Regards

Dominov

Nigel Evans:
First picture is a snow slide, you can see the banked up snow/debris field at the bottom.

Last picture is imo a joke like this -

Middle picture is more interesting but it depends on where the slope is exactly

Dominov:
You are right about the first picture, Nigel. It's the only slope where snow slides are possible there, namely on this really nice crater inside Mt. Otorten. Very untypical for the Northern Ural. I have to look into this. Naked rocks on a steep round slope.... with concentrical structures at the bottom, hmmmm.

You are also right about the third picture. It could be ambigous, though. The mountain in the background is not Otorten. And the guy wasn't standing on Otorten neither. I think it's interesting that they took their time to joke while searching for dead people. These were official pictures, weren't they? But what if this wasn't a joke and the mountain in the background just happened to align with his hands?

The second picture is indeed interesting. What they saw there seemed to fascinate the four search party members and the photographer. But unfortunately I can't tell where this picture was taken.

Thanks for pointing me into the right direction.

regards

Dominov

Dominov:
Addenum:

1. Otorten crater, you can see that the snow broke away on the slope with the naked rocks. These slopes are geologically unusual for this region. I mean exceptional.

2. Naked slope shown in picture 2 above. It's located 2.5 km south of Otorten. Strange that there was no snow on it...

Dominov:
Addenum 2:

The guy warming his hands stood on the naked slope, that by the way is an extension of Mt. Otorten. I could locate his position using GE. So is it really a joke?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version