Theories Discussion > General Discussion

The "Window" in the cedar tree

<< < (3/21) > >>

Manti:

--- Quote from: jarrfan on October 17, 2019, 10:40:56 AM ---
As I said, the tent only had the 3 cuts made in it horizontal and semi circular. The big cuts came from the  ice ax as the searchers hacked into it. So the hikers had to have left through the door. If they left through the door, what was the rush that they could not have put on proper clothing? This is the part that is unanswered for me.

--- End quote ---
The tent was found mostly buttoned up (only one button was undone).

If they left via the door they couldn't have been in a rush because they had time to button it back up.

Manti:

--- Quote from: neni_cesty_zpet on September 22, 2022, 07:35:21 AM ---My theory explaining worst wounds - happened under cedar

It's possible that they left the tent in bad weather with poor visibility...

Climbing takes a lot of energy. I think the reason why they were scavenging woods from this tree is because they did not want to walk in deep snow there, they were not
properly booted after all.
They decided to cut branches on this tree. Empty "window" on cedar was result of cut branches, not intended  to see in ten's direction.

The group was cooperating on this place around cedar to build fire. Two members were climbing the tree and cutting branches and two members were down,
picking up cut branches on ground below. I believe that it's possible that there was a spot without snow(or very little snow) under the cedar's treetop, that's
what I see sometimes in winter countryside.

But the heat of fire was not enough and they started developing hypothermia. The climbers vere surely standing on branches and it's possible that the branch under
their feet or bottoms suddenly cracked. Their limbs were already slighly numb at that moment. One or both fell down onto comrades who were picking up cut branches.
Zolotarev and Lyudmila were worst wounded...
They were holding the trunk for stability in treetop, but it caused them moderate scratches (and skin left on trunk) after branch under their feet(or bottoms in case
of sitting on tree) cracked.

Was the knife used for cutting branches found? Was it the same knife someone used for slashing the tent?  dunno1

--- End quote ---

Excellent. We have a new theory!

Ravine 4 injuries not caused by a fallen tree but by falling comrades. Plausible and requires no conspiracy or supernatural events. Honestly it's the best explanation for the ravine 4 injuries I've read so far.

GlennM:
Can you reconcile having a "spy hole" in the tree while simultaneously having a fire on the ground? Should they not be mutually exclusive? If not, then I could accept looking back toward the tent for direction before accepting looking out for marauding people or critters.

Charles:
nothing here

Charles:
nothing here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version