Theories Discussion > General Discussion

Discrepancies in diaries

(1/5) > >>

tenne:
There is a lot about the diaries that bothers me. three things that really stand out to me

Jan 25 group diary
" The bus made a small detour away from the highway, in the village of Shipichnoe, and we were given the chance to step out, which we did with pleasure. Four of the most agile went far ahead to the settlement of Talitsa to see the power station. Suddenly the heard: "The bus." We rush out the door, but, alas, it was too late. The bus passed by and we were forced to chance after it as fast as we can, hoping fate would be merciful and, perhaps, we would catch up with it (I am part of the "agile" four). However, the first hundred meters clearly demonstrated the advantages of a fifty horse power engine. Our heels flashed far behind the bus, and the gap widened. The prospect to walk about thirty kilometers on the highway with no breakfast and lunch already seemed quite real, when suddenly ... I mentioned that fate is merciful. The mercy came in the form of a girl going to Vizhay that hailed the bus and stopped the object of our persecution. A minute later we were already safely sitting on the second floor of the seats and traveling to Vizhay"

Jan 25 Zinaida diary
"Then we took the bus and drove off. We are 20 people, backpacks and skis. Had to pile up on 3 levels, but we sang songs all the way. Arrived in Vizhay"

Jan 25, Lyuda diary
"When we arrived at а turn the bus went to a village and had to return for us in an hour.
We continue on foot. It was so nice to walk along the road in such good weather. We went a little nuts and roll in the snow.
During our walk тхере вас ан incident - a car coming from the forest got stuck in the opposite direction. Our guys rushed to the rescue. Finally they pulled it out in half. Then our bus came up and we hopped on i"

end quotes
it seems very suspect to me that all three had a different sorta version of the events. I would think that 4 running and almost missing would be mentioned in all diaries

Jan 26 group diary
". I remembered particularly the red- bearded man. The Beard, that's what his friends call him.
Ognev is an old friend, he is described in Lyuda Dubinina's private diary."

Jan 26 Lyuda diary
" The guys are all young, as Igor noticed, there are even cute and generally interesting. Especially memorable among all is Ognev with a red beard and the nickname of his "Beard". In general, very rarely there are such people in such a hole. A true romantic, a geologist and generally developed."

end quotes
how did they know what was in her private diary and why describe him as an old friend when she doens't make a claim like that

jan 31 group diary (written by Dyatlov according to the notes)
"Wind not strong, snow 1.22 m deep. We’re exhausted, but start setting up for the night. Firewood is scarce, mostly damp firs. We build the campfire on the logs, too tired to dig a fire pit. Dinner’s in the tent. Nice and warm. Can’t imagine such comfort on the ridge, with howling wind outside, hundreds of kilometers away from human settlements."

Is he saying that camping on an unprotected area would be a bad idea or showing he knows how cold and dangerous is would be when they do it?

sarapuk:
I dont thing there is anything untoward in the Diary entries. The Dyatlov Group probably discussed Diary entries amongst each other, hence the Group Diary. And it seems that camping on the ridge was considered a bad idea and yet they did it, for some reason.

tenne:
But her diary doesn’t identify him as an old friend and it doesn’t sound like they had the same day. To me it sounds faked. How could they not notice the 4 running after the bus

sarapuk:

--- Quote from: tenne on March 02, 2021, 01:52:42 PM ---But her diary doesn’t identify him as an old friend and it doesn’t sound like they had the same day. To me it sounds faked. How could they not notice the 4 running after the bus

--- End quote ---

Its the way people write and interpret things. I havnt seen anything untoward.

tenne:
Really? I see a lot in the diaries that is suspect to me. No way the girls are not going to notice members of their party running behind the bus and no way the guys aren’t going to brag about getting helping someone

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version