March 28, 2024, 09:38:05 AM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: The Death of Lisa Lamb  (Read 19674 times)

February 06, 2019, 12:47:13 PM
Read 19674 times

dante

One mystery that's been "famous" is the Death of Lisa Lamb

The thing about this case is the police have released almost everything to the public. Autopsy reports, police testimonies, Pictures even a clip and so on. The hotel where it happened is in itself a mystery. The Cecil Hotel has housed several serialkillers during the years and there I a LOT of mysterys.

Lisa Lamb https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elisa_Lam (there is a lo

February 06, 2019, 05:59:11 PM
Reply #1

Loose}{Cannon

Administrator
Seems like murder to me.  Someone had to close that heavy lid on the tank. 
All theories are flawed....... Get Behind Me Satan !!!

February 07, 2019, 04:21:24 AM
Reply #2

dante

February 07, 2019, 11:59:34 AM
Reply #3

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
The link below is very useful. It could have been murder or an accident or suicide, etc. The hole on top of the water container was just about big enough for her to go through and the hole cover looks to be fairly lightweight so she could have easily pulled that closed behind her if she went in deliberately. Or workers could have seen it open and closed it etc etc.  Its another case.

https://www.trace-evidence.com/the-mysterious-death-of-elisa-lam
DB

November 27, 2020, 06:03:08 AM
Reply #4

Mayur negi

There is a myriad of mysteries surrounding Elisa Lam’s death. Moreover, her death brings up a plethora of questions, like why was she acting weird in the elevator? Nobody knows exactly about the mystery. Check out some more facts about Elisa lam's death.
https://www.museumfacts.co.uk/elisa-lam-death/

December 06, 2020, 07:14:24 PM
Reply #5

mk

Her behavior in the elevator video has always struck me as rather playful.  The way she leans way over, with her feet at the edge of the elevator and her back almost parallel to the floor, her head poking way into the hall--that seems like such a playful move.  It's silly, not stealthy.  She does look like she's hiding from someone, but not someone she is afraid of.  It looks more like hide and seek.  When she stands in the elevator, she assumes an attitude of alert waiting, facing the door, as though preparing to surprise someone.  Even when she moves into the corner, she still has that look.  When she steps out of the elevator and gestures wildly, I'd guess that she's trying to communicate with someone down the hall--someone else playing the game.  Perhaps the other person is also trying to hide, and she's telling them to get down out of sight.  Or maybe she's describing how she's frustrated that the elevator doors won't close. 

I've always wondered why it takes the elevator doors 3 minutes to close.

February 15, 2021, 11:16:26 AM
Reply #6

KFinn

I don't know if anyone is interested but Netflix just put out a documentary on Elisa Lam's death and why they ruled it as they did.  I watched it last night; it was around four episodes.  It was intriguing!!  They interviewed the general manager of the hotel, occupants who were staying there, people who had lived there over the years, etc.   
-Ren

February 21, 2021, 07:47:17 PM
Reply #7

Manti

Unfortunately she might have had mental issues. I have read that a few days before her death, her roommates (strangers in the same hostel room) asked the hotel to move her due to weird behavior. It's not explained exactly what but I assume it had to be quite severe.

As for whether it was murder or suicide, I don't know but aren't there much more obvious ways of suicide when you got to the rooftop of a tall building?

And as for why the lift door took so long to close, she appears to press the "Hold" button... I think it was in a Chinese video I saw years ago but some vlogger went to the hotel and at the bottom one of the buttons in the lift it says "Hold" which is not legible in the video of Elisa in the lift, but they claim she pressed a button in the same place.
Discovery also has something new about this, or the hotel where it took place, I haven't watched it yet: https://www.discoveryplus.fi/ohjelmat/ghost-adventures-cecil-hotel

February 22, 2021, 09:18:49 AM
Reply #8

KFinn

Unfortunately she might have had mental issues. I have read that a few days before her death, her roommates (strangers in the same hostel room) asked the hotel to move her due to weird behavior. It's not explained exactly what but I assume it had to be quite severe.

As for whether it was murder or suicide, I don't know but aren't there much more obvious ways of suicide when you got to the rooftop of a tall building?

And as for why the lift door took so long to close, she appears to press the "Hold" button... I think it was in a Chinese video I saw years ago but some vlogger went to the hotel and at the bottom one of the buttons in the lift it says "Hold" which is not legible in the video of Elisa in the lift, but they claim she pressed a button in the same place.
Discovery also has something new about this, or the hotel where it took place, I haven't watched it yet: https://www.discoveryplus.fi/ohjelmat/ghost-adventures-cecil-hotel

Her family did later say that she had had manic episodes with psychotic behavior previously.  She was on some heavy meds for it and her diagnosis was well known; she blogged quite a bit about living with a mental illness.  Her behaviors all matched what her family had seen in previous episodes and the toxicology reports showed that she had not been taking her psych meds on her vacation.  (Not only was that dangerous from the standpoint of the mental illness itself but one of her medications, Effexor, is not a med that you can just stop taking.  There are some serious withdrawal effects if you dont titrate off of the med in a controlled manner.)  I don't know whether her death was intentional suicide or accidental but if she was in a psychotic episode, which all indications point toward, she may not have even known she was on the roof or climbing the water tanks.  It is a very heartbreaking case :(
-Ren

March 24, 2021, 02:31:19 AM
Reply #9

Jay

One of the most coincidentally strange things about this mystery, among some other things, is the TB test Lam Elisa test (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent assay) that was conducted around the same time in and around Skid Row, down the road from the Cecil Hotel. A Reddit-er's theory claims that her elevator episode was a side effect of the TB test.

This was on the Ghost Theory page I read :-

"Isoniazid is the most common antibiotic prescribed to those who suffer from TB. One of the main side effects of this drug is confusion and abnormal behavior".

Isoniazid is a medication used for the treatment for tuberculosis.

March 24, 2021, 08:21:08 AM
Reply #10

KFinn

One of the most coincidentally strange things about this mystery, among some other things, is the TB test Lam Elisa test (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent assay) that was conducted around the same time in and around Skid Row, down the road from the Cecil Hotel. A Reddit-er's theory claims that her elevator episode was a side effect of the TB test.

This was on the Ghost Theory page I read :-

"Isoniazid is the most common antibiotic prescribed to those who suffer from TB. One of the main side effects of this drug is confusion and abnormal behavior".

Isoniazid is a medication used for the treatment for tuberculosis.

The TB test part always freaked me out, lol!! 
-Ren