March 18, 2024, 07:26:37 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: The tent was near the cedar. There was an attack  (Read 19061 times)

April 18, 2021, 02:11:58 PM
Reply #30

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Anyway, I watched this video with auto-translation, it is mostly understandable...

Recommend for everyone to watch it, I held some suspicions and questions about this case for a long time and he raises some of the same points and some other information I haven't heard before.

Here is my very rough summary: he says the group camped near the cedar, Tibo and Semyon were on night watch, sitting by a campfire and filling the stove in the tent with fir branches throughout the night. Then in the morning, they were attacked by unknown attackers. Someone, I didn't understand who, then moved the tent to the slope, threw in all the groups belongings hastily, but didn't have time to move some of the bodies. The search couldn't be delayed further because the families were making a noise... Then the searchers found the tent and all the bodies, in the video a note is shown that has small dashes for each body, and there are 4 dashes in the ravine area and an arrow with a question mark... If I understand correctly Gildar is saying this indicated they were all found, however there was the communist party congress, and the international ice skating competition happening in Sverdlovsk, and to avoid bad publicity they didn't want a huge murder story to circulate, so the worst injured were buried in the ravine area, so the incident can be treated as an accident.

This is from the video not my own ideas. He also raises other interesting points, including saying that Mansi presence is almost certain, the hikers write about following a Mansi trail and someone's testimony, didn't understand who but maybe the forester, says that the chum was made after the incident and also he saw wide ski tracks near the chum, so Gildar is saying Mansi must have been present, not that they attacked the group but they must have seen them and were perhaps the ones to report the incident. If the auto-translation is not wrong, there is also mention of moose tracks. He also talks about the photos taken above the treeline and where these could have been taken (and what areas can be excluded), which is important. He also shows that Mansi trails were not some random hunter following game, but these are regularly traveled routes that were even indicated on maps from that time, although the map he shows is of an area to the south (south-west of Vizhay).

Overall, no speculation about who attacked the hikers or why, I also didn't understand that part very well but maybe he says there could have been internal conflict in the group.

The part I didn't understand at all is about the event 17km from the pass, if someone understands that part please post about that.

Well I havnt watched the video. But by all accounts its about the Tent being moved up the Mountainside a mile away. Doesnt make sense. Also doesnt explain the extraordinary injuries to some of the Dyatlov Group.
DB

April 18, 2021, 06:44:46 PM
Reply #31

Manti

Anyway, I watched this video with auto-translation, it is mostly understandable...

Recommend for everyone to watch it, I held some suspicions and questions about this case for a long time and he raises some of the same points and some other information I haven't heard before.

Here is my very rough summary: he says the group camped near the cedar, Tibo and Semyon were on night watch, sitting by a campfire and filling the stove in the tent with fir branches throughout the night. Then in the morning, they were attacked by unknown attackers. Someone, I didn't understand who, then moved the tent to the slope, threw in all the groups belongings hastily, but didn't have time to move some of the bodies. The search couldn't be delayed further because the families were making a noise... Then the searchers found the tent and all the bodies, in the video a note is shown that has small dashes for each body, and there are 4 dashes in the ravine area and an arrow with a question mark... If I understand correctly Gildar is saying this indicated they were all found, however there was the communist party congress, and the international ice skating competition happening in Sverdlovsk, and to avoid bad publicity they didn't want a huge murder story to circulate, so the worst injured were buried in the ravine area, so the incident can be treated as an accident.

This is from the video not my own ideas. He also raises other interesting points, including saying that Mansi presence is almost certain, the hikers write about following a Mansi trail and someone's testimony, didn't understand who but maybe the forester, says that the chum was made after the incident and also he saw wide ski tracks near the chum, so Gildar is saying Mansi must have been present, not that they attacked the group but they must have seen them and were perhaps the ones to report the incident. If the auto-translation is not wrong, there is also mention of moose tracks. He also talks about the photos taken above the treeline and where these could have been taken (and what areas can be excluded), which is important. He also shows that Mansi trails were not some random hunter following game, but these are regularly traveled routes that were even indicated on maps from that time, although the map he shows is of an area to the south (south-west of Vizhay).

Overall, no speculation about who attacked the hikers or why, I also didn't understand that part very well but maybe he says there could have been internal conflict in the group.

The part I didn't understand at all is about the event 17km from the pass, if someone understands that part please post about that.

Well I havnt watched the video. But by all accounts its about the Tent being moved up the Mountainside a mile away. Doesnt make sense. Also doesnt explain the extraordinary injuries to some of the Dyatlov Group.
I would still say it's worth watching it.

His theory does include the tent being moved up the mountainside... if someone just told me this in isolation I would also say it makes no sense. But, he is quite sceptical about many aspects of the case and raises a lot of important points and questions commonly held misbeliefs. It might have been lost in translation but I don't think he even explains why the tent was moved or by whom. It's not a central part of his theory.

One of the things he talks about, which has been a suspicion of mine for a while, is that the group might not have been moving towards Otorten but rather might have turned back. This can in fact be supported by a certain interpretation of the evidence. It's not even that nobody has thought about this interpretation, it's just that that part of the evidence seems to be mostly ignored by most. But not Gildar.

Overall I don't necessarily agree with his theory (it's incomplete anyway), but he does provide an alternative point of view that seems as grounded in evidence as other views, if not more..

April 19, 2021, 12:01:23 PM
Reply #32

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient

I would still say it's worth watching it.

His theory does include the tent being moved up the mountainside... if someone just told me this in isolation I would also say it makes no sense. But, he is quite sceptical about many aspects of the case and raises a lot of important points and questions commonly held misbeliefs. It might have been lost in translation but I don't think he even explains why the tent was moved or by whom. It's not a central part of his theory.

One of the things he talks about, which has been a suspicion of mine for a while, is that the group might not have been moving towards Otorten but rather might have turned back. This can in fact be supported by a certain interpretation of the evidence. It's not even that nobody has thought about this interpretation, it's just that that part of the evidence seems to be mostly ignored by most. But not Gildar.

Overall I don't necessarily agree with his theory (it's incomplete anyway), but he does provide an alternative point of view that seems as grounded in evidence as other views, if not more..

But its not even Evidence. We have no Evidence just speculation about that particular scenario.
DB

April 19, 2021, 04:08:56 PM
Reply #33

Manti

Well, there is some (overlooked) hard evidence. Anyway, it's explained in the video.