March 18, 2024, 11:19:49 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Definitely Murdered, But Why? By Who?  (Read 12190 times)

June 11, 2020, 01:31:15 PM
Read 12190 times

Icewall42

Hi all,

New to the forums, but I had some burning questions and thoughts after looking at the materials related to this incident.

Without a doubt, based on those materials, I believe these poor souls were tortured, interrogated, and murdered. The injuries the victims received are ones that assailants would inflict with either gun stocks, knives, or stout branches/blunt objects, and there are injuries the victims would receive from kicking and fighting bare-handed. Someone thought these kids had secrets, someone believed they might spill those secrets, and someone thought they all needed to be questioned and removed--the actual secret-holders, and any nearby witnesses. Such a horrible incident, but anything further than this is pure speculation. My personal belief is that a domestic/internal group (perhaps the KGB as others have said) took this opportunity presented by the hike to quietly eliminate a threat to state secrecy.

All that aside, I have a question: Why was the Dyatlov Group removed, but the Blinov Group who were supposedly hiking in parallel left alone? (Again, this is under the murder theory, not an animal or natural disaster theory). Was anyone in that second group ever interviewed or researched, to see if the Dyatlov Group carried a possible threat to secrecy that the Blinov Group did not?

June 11, 2020, 07:54:25 PM
Reply #1

RidgeWatcher

I believe that Blinov actually helped in the initial search, the group that found the tent and the two Yuri's under the cedar tree. So he was interviewed.

June 11, 2020, 11:41:30 PM
Reply #2

sparrow

Welcome Icewall42,
I am not sure how far the Blinov group was from the Dyatlov group, but could it be that maybe someone mistook one group for the other (if it was murder)?

June 12, 2020, 06:50:06 AM
Reply #3

Icewall42

Welcome Icewall42,
I am not sure how far the Blinov group was from the Dyatlov group, but could it be that maybe someone mistook one group for the other (if it was murder)?

That would be an interesting avenue to explore, especially since both groups were together immediately prior to their separate hike schedules. I recently read "Death of Nine" by Launton Anderson, and his theory was that the murderers might not have known exactly who they were looking for--hence some of the group being seemingly tortured, and possibly questioned. I have to say, that photo of the "Mystery Man" creeped me out to no end. But yeah, I'm definitely curious what the Blinov group had to say, especially if they helped in the search. I THINK the only thing they did mention was seeing those odd balls of light, but they said they'd seen them in February long after the Dyatlov group perished.

June 12, 2020, 01:32:31 PM
Reply #4

RidgeWatcher

Welcome Icewall42,

I had never thought of that. Very perceptive. Maybe we need a special topic to profile the Blinov group as the Dyatlov group has been profiled.

As long as we are here talking about the Blinov group, whom many, if not all of them had gone to University with the Dytlov group, we should delve into a possibility of the two groups being in a clandestine study, with the Blinov group ending up being the control group, either arbitraraly or by choice?

June 12, 2020, 05:45:53 PM
Reply #5

sparrow

Hello ridgewatcher. 

I think that sounds like an interesting idea.  Do you have any ideas on  how we would get information on members of the Blinov group?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 05:53:02 PM by sparrow »

June 12, 2020, 07:41:33 PM
Reply #6

RidgeWatcher

Maybe would could ask one of the 4 administrators. They are probably already aware of some information regarding the Blinov group.

Something could have been said or done in Ivdel by the Blinov group that ended up with the Dyatlov group paying for in the end with their lives because they were on the more remote trail.

June 13, 2020, 02:23:54 PM
Reply #7

Icewall42

Maybe would could ask one of the 4 administrators. They are probably already aware of some information regarding the Blinov group.

Something could have been said or done in Ivdel by the Blinov group that ended up with the Dyatlov group paying for in the end with their lives because they were on the more remote trail.

I would be very curious for more information, if any can be found, in this regard. Considering the entire Dyatlov group perished, but no one in the Blinov group was touched, and yet they all traveled to Ivdel together and performed close hikes in the Urals at the same time... what was their connection to the Dyatlov Incident, if any? Their hike was also scheduled to be longer (25-26 days, as opposed to Dyatlov's 16 days, was it?). Did they all come back early, or on time? Did they have radios?

I would definitely second a page somewhere with any information related to the Blinov group.

June 13, 2020, 07:58:49 PM
Reply #8

RidgeWatcher

It was in Ivdel that the Dyatlov group was "taken" from the Club where everyone watched a movie and then back to the inadequate "hotel" with wet wood. I know they met with the Blinov group in the morning and had breakfast in the cafe/canteen. Does anyone know where the Blinov group stayed and slept in Ivdel? How any days was the Blinov group in Serov and Ivdel? And where was their first stop after leaving Ivdel and heading west into the Urals?

June 14, 2020, 07:27:24 AM
Reply #9

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Hi all,

New to the forums, but I had some burning questions and thoughts after looking at the materials related to this incident.

Without a doubt, based on those materials, I believe these poor souls were tortured, interrogated, and murdered. The injuries the victims received are ones that assailants would inflict with either gun stocks, knives, or stout branches/blunt objects, and there are injuries the victims would receive from kicking and fighting bare-handed. Someone thought these kids had secrets, someone believed they might spill those secrets, and someone thought they all needed to be questioned and removed--the actual secret-holders, and any nearby witnesses. Such a horrible incident, but anything further than this is pure speculation. My personal belief is that a domestic/internal group (perhaps the KGB as others have said) took this opportunity presented by the hike to quietly eliminate a threat to state secrecy.

All that aside, I have a question: Why was the Dyatlov Group removed, but the Blinov Group who were supposedly hiking in parallel left alone? (Again, this is under the murder theory, not an animal or natural disaster theory). Was anyone in that second group ever interviewed or researched, to see if the Dyatlov Group carried a possible threat to secrecy that the Blinov Group did not?

Bold Statements. You say 'DEFINITELY MURDERED' etc. But not even 'The Authorities' can make such Statements because of lack of EVIDENCE.
DB

June 18, 2020, 02:03:26 PM
Reply #10

Georgi

I would be very curious for more information, if any can be found, in this regard. Considering the entire Dyatlov group perished, but no one in the Blinov group was touched, and yet they all traveled to Ivdel together and performed close hikes in the Urals at the same time... what was their connection to the Dyatlov Incident, if any? Their hike was also scheduled to be longer (25-26 days, as opposed to Dyatlov's 16 days, was it?). Did they all come back early, or on time? Did they have radios?

I would definitely second a page somewhere with any information related to the Blinov group.
If I remember correctly, somewhere it said that the search for the Dyatlov group was delayed because the other group(Blinov I assume) was misidentified as the Dyatlov group when they stopped at one of the villages.

June 19, 2020, 01:08:56 AM
Reply #11

janeeyre2150

Hi all,

Bold Statements. You say 'DEFINITELY MURDERED' etc. But not even 'The Authorities' can make such Statements because of lack of EVIDENCE.

Haha funny, as I remembered, it was the authorities who commanded the investigators to stop working at the case and hastily concluded it with vague answers

June 22, 2020, 02:04:51 PM
Reply #12

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Hi all,

Haha funny, as I remembered, it was the authorities who commanded the investigators to stop working at the case and hastily concluded it with vague answers

I think the use of the word VAGUE is probably fairly accurate to describe a lot of the investigation instigated by the Authorities. From the opening of a CRIMINAL CASE to its closing. And even afterwards.
DB

September 02, 2020, 03:38:22 PM
Reply #13

Jean Daniel Reuss

.......Without a doubt, based on those materials, I believe these poor souls were tortured, interrogated, and murdered. The injuries the victims received are ones that assailants would inflict with either gun stocks, knives, or stout branches/blunt objects, and there are injuries the victims would receive from kicking and fighting bare-handed. ..................
.....  Why was the Dyatlov Group removed, but the Blinov Group who were supposedly hiking in parallel left alone? (Again, this is under the murder theory, not an animal or natural disaster theory). Was anyone in that second group ever interviewed or researched, to see if the Dyatlov Group carried a possible threat to secrecy that the Blinov Group did not?

The difference is the voucher often exhibited by Dyatlov while Blinov, who was less organized, had no voucher.

Reply #11

The successive governments of Khrushchev, Brezhnev, Andropov, Chernenko, Gorbachev, Yeltsin and Putin obviously preferred and still prefer not to publicize the real and not very glorious causes of the DPI, which would allow ridiculing their beloved motherland.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Here is a summary of my hypothesis N°3, which seems to me to be a reconstitution, which without going into details, answers almost completely the 3 questions :
WHY ? - WHO ? - HOW ?

The case of the Dyatlov Pass is associated with the destalinization and the dismantling of the Gulag, initiated by Khrushchev in 1953 and confirmed at the 20th Congress of the CPSU in 1956.

In 1959, some of the camp guards were thus unemployed, lost their many benefits and some risked (or feared) being justly condemned for sadistic abuses against the zeks.

And Dyatlov was the bearer of an official document (the voucher) designating the nine hikers as active supporters of the 21st Congress of the CPSU (January 27 to February 5, 1959) which was likely to further accentuate the Khrushchevian Thaw.

In addition, a probable conflict must be taken into account between Dubinina and an impactful employee of colony No. 64 under USh/349-Ivdellag during the stay of the Dyatlov group in the village of Vizhay. See :

During Stalin's long reign in absolute power (1929-1953) the sadistic tendencies of some Gulag camp guards were approved and even encouraged.

Consequently, a fairly high-ranking official in the Ivdellag or the impactful employee of colony No. 64, engaged 3 former Gulag camp guards from the Vizhay region, who were specialized in pursuing the (few) escapees from the camps, to carry out a terrorist-type attack, with the aim, among other things, of intimidating the central power in Moscow.

The hurried exit of the tent can be explained very simply by a clever classic war ruse, (like: "we come to warn you, in extremis, that an out-of-control experimental missile is going to hit the place of your tent in a few minutes").

For the continuation, the 3 mercenaries knew how to use their assets (surprise, determination, judicious tactics of attacks and calculated retreats...). ) to defeat and exterminate, in a few hours, the 9 athletic hikers who (for the first five) were able to defend themselves valiantly, for a short moments, with their fists.

There were no firearms, but only the resolute use of wooden clubs, with a predominance of side strikes to the temporal head.
(It was enough to stun the victim and leave him or her quietly lying in the snow to freeze to death).

The broken chests of Zolotaryov and Dubinina can be explained in various ways. For example an attacker who lets himself fall with his feet together, from a certain height, on the lying victim ===> 80 kg * 3 meters = 2400 joules!

As evidence that their work had been completely accomplished, the attackers also took 4 eyeballs and a tongue. This is an important clue that directs suspicions towards the ferocious former guards and that Eduard Tumanov tends to denigrate in several of his interventions, in contradiction with his own article :
"Characteristics of skin and bone injuries in the cadavers inflicted by rat teeth - Sudebno-meditsinskaia ekspertiza - I.Vlasiuk and E. Tumanov - July 2010."

Planned continuation and more complete discussion on :

Altercation on the pass / Altercation on the pass
 https://forum.dyatlovpass.com/index.php?topic=411.30
Jean Daniel Reuss

Rational guidance =

• There is nothing supernatural and mysterious about the injuries suffered by the Dyatlov group. They are all consistent with an attack by a group of professional killers who wanted to take the lives of the nine  [Per Inge Oestmoen].

• Now let us search for answers to: WHO ? WHY ? HOW ?

• The scenario must be consistent with the historical, political and psychological  contexts.

• The solution takes in consideration all known findings.

December 19, 2020, 11:39:01 AM
Reply #14

Per Inge Oestmoen

All the evidence points to murder.

All or nearly all of the injuries found could only be caused by other humans. Statements to the effect that this or that injury could not be caused by other humans were obvious results of pressure from the Soviet authorities, and were demonstrably wrong. There is nothing mystical in the chest fractures of Dubinina and Zolotaryov, and there will be no damage to the skin if you hit a human skull with a rifle butt if the victim carries headgear.

Thus, the statement that the damage to the skull of Thibeaux-Brignolle could not be caused by a blow by a human attacker is indirect proof that it was exactly what happened.

December 19, 2020, 12:24:57 PM
Reply #15

Saltyseadog

The Blinov group headed west out of Vizhay, the Dyatlovs north. A more pertinant group to investigate further would be the Rostov group who, by Igor Fomenkos own words were trying to catch the Dyatlovs.
Accepted path of the Rostovs is west also but this is not true. Fomenko went through an abandoned mining settlement of which there are none heading west.
I do accept that the group supposedly got lost, wandered around without maps and eventually headed west and came across Pyotr Bahtiyarovs yurt. Or did the group?
This group travelled thousands of km without the maps they required, were on the same trek itinary as the Dyatlovs and then got lost at the last moment!!  Consider thoughtfully. Then the group crossed the mountains and disappeared for 50 years, why?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 12:30:43 PM by Saltyseadog »

December 22, 2020, 09:57:27 AM
Reply #16

RidgeWatcher

I have never heard of the Rostov Group that was trying to catch up to the Dyatlov group. Why would any group be going into the Urals in January without maps? This sounds like they should be the group to meet up with disaster.

The Rostov Group?

January 04, 2022, 08:23:24 AM
Reply #17

ElizabethHarris

While I don't believe the conspiracy KGB theories, if the killers were govt officials, MAYBE it had something to with the two victims who had ties to  the nuclear power plant but that is really reaching. However, how the govt completely ignored the gross injuries which to me also says torture, and labeled these deaths as hypothermic is bizarre. That definitely sounds like a possible coverup but they could have wanted to cover the truth about the case for a variety of reasons. Remember, this is the same govt that didn't report a serial killer who had killed over 100 (?) people before anyone even heard about him.

The following users thanked this post: NightLurker