Victims and Case Files > Aleksander Kolevatov

Alexander Kolevatov

<< < (2/4) > >>

Vietnamka:

--- Quote ---All members of Dyatlov's group joined Komsomol at age 14, as soon as it was allowed. Sasha at age 18, during passing a security check   "in the secret institute'.
--- End quote ---
Some duality presents in this situation. Was it ideological decision or just necessary requirement?

WAB

--- Quote ---he lived in Moscow one and it had complexities in his life
--- End quote ---
What do we know about his life in Moscow?

--- Quote ---Payment in Moscow according to its post was small
--- End quote ---
  - His salary was about 900-1000 rubles per month, while the average wage in the USSR was 600-700 rubles, the scholarship - 250-350 rubles per month.
  - He got free housing in a new building which well-known scientists also lived.  Moscow was a closed city and no one could come to live there.
  ( Now this is one of the most prestigious areas of Moscow with very expensive apartments )

- he worked very well, but  he was also very active in the social life of the institute. He became a member of Institute Komsomol committee, leaded shooting sport section. Began to engage in tourism, made new friends.

WAB

--- Quote ---He worked on the lowest scientific post
--- End quote ---
Duality and   different assessment of his job position. "The lowest scienific post" - compared to what?
Of course he has not been a "leading scientist", but for the 19 year old boy who just graduated ordinary college he had a very good position and he was involved to some scientific research.
But WAB talking about his "Lowest position" has in mind a bit different moment.
Did he has a access to classified information? Was he a "secret keeper" working in Secret Instittute?
Im pretty sure he was.

Vietnamka:

--- Quote --- -made new friends
-tourism
- secret keeper?
--- End quote ---
Sasha  hiked  the mount Sabliya (Sabre, Cабля),  Pre-Polar Ural, as a member of some Moscow's group. This is a difficult trek. 

I was just interested in finding information about this hike. Everything was structured in USSR and I was trying to find the club that could organize this trek. I coudn't. Then I thought - there is no information about ordinary groups, maybe it was not an ordinary one? May be it was a group of "secret keepers" who had  restrictions on contacts and did not belong to any ordinary sports organization? I began to look for memories of the tourism of people who belonged to this category. Bingo! I was right! I found the memories of a scientist about how they wanted to be engaged in tourism and then the director of a secret organisation helped them organize a tourist section which has been out of ordinary turists clubs.
 The director who support the tourism was Dmitriy Ivanovich Blohincev

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%91%D0%BB%D0%BE%D1%85%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%86%D0%B5%D0%B2,_%D0%94%D0%BC%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B9_%D0%98%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B8%D1%87
Even now i can not find information about him in English))

I changed direction of searching a finally found the leader of that group. All members of the group worked in secret nuclear Institutes. Two of them ( including the
leader) were children  to their fathers)))
 The father of leader is... Blohincev Dmitiy Ivanovich
 The father of second one - Anatoly Alexandrov https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatoly_Alexandrov_(physicist)
It was a TOP of the very closed scientific secret elite, and Sasha was accepted.
 Duality. Why did he leave Moscow

CalzagheChick:
So do you think he had another handle by which he went? Are you suggesting that in Sverdlosk he was Kolevatov and in Moscow he was somebody else?

What was his degree in, I forget...but he was a scientist no less right?

How many years do you have in your research on all members and the DPI Galina?

Teddy:
When I read information like this is like colorizing a black and white photo. Things become more... I would use the word clear for any part on this case, but I can safely say more alive. A case that is suppose to be cold... yet so much information can still be added to the characters involved. This is all forming the texture of the circumstances.

Vietnamka:

--- Quote from: CalzagheChick on June 01, 2018, 11:35:00 PM ---So do you think he had another handle by which he went? Are you suggesting that in Sverdlosk he was Kolevatov and in Moscow he was somebody else?

What was his degree in, I forget...but he was a scientist no less right?

How many years do you have in your research on all members and the DPI Galina?

--- End quote ---
1) duality. All the time I m feeling some duality about him.
2) about degree. It's very difficult to compare European and ussr education systems. Very simple answer for understanding: college - bachelor degree. Institute - master degree. It's mean he had a bachelor degree in metal production. He was going to get a master degree in radioactive metal production.
3) 5 years. Not ALL members))) only Kolevatov a little bit and Zolotarev.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version