March 28, 2024, 02:24:33 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Last Investigation  (Read 9959 times)

May 07, 2020, 08:50:42 PM
Read 9959 times

sparrow

I'm not sure where I should put this question.  I have looked around and haven't seen this subject really addressed except maybe in Russian which I can't read or understand.  I also do not have anything on my computer that translates (I think.).
So, here is the question.  What was the result of the last investigation that was done on the Dyatlov case?  Josh Gates mentioned at the end of one of his shows that the case was going to be reopened.

May 07, 2020, 11:15:12 PM
Reply #1

Teddy

Administrator
Hold your horses, I am going to drink my coffee and answer you. After all I was the expert for Josh Gates.

May 08, 2020, 12:25:08 AM
Reply #2

Teddy

Administrator
I'm not sure where I should put this question.
In General Discussion. Everything goes there if you are not sure where to put it. Don't forget to opt to be notified - there is a button at the bottom that says Notify. This goes for every post too. If you are interested in following a topic or a board - hit the Notify button. Now for the rest of your post.

Dear sparrow, we can all relate to your desperation - what happened to the new investigation? As always, I want to be very clear on this - there is no new investigation and nobody said they are going to reopen the case. The Russian Prosecutor's office said a year ago they are going to "look into the case" which translates like "preliminary investigation". From the result of this preliminary whatever they are going to decide what to do further. If there is something really worth it, in a cosmically low probability of events, like one of the dead wrote his statement in a rusty can of tuna and hid it under rock - they could reopen the case. Fat chance. Everything Josh Gates said (Tempalov's memo etc.) was rebutted right away by the Prosecutor's office one year ago. Josh Gates had to close his bit with the hope that something will be done. The Prosecutor's office going to the pass (one month after us) - they left a few hours after this show, is because the public wanted answers. Expedition Unknown also contributed - Russian see that the interest into the case is spreading abroad.

Nothing since then. There hasn't been any public announcement of what they have done, found, or intend to do. There are a lot of videos showing the expedition itself, but nothing important in the terms of investigation. Go in YouTube, there are more videos listed underneath this one:

If anything happens you will hear it from me (I am watching like a hawk and i have my resources) or the media is going to explode. It is a very fertile topic for media attention.
Bottom line - you can't find anything because there isn't anything to talk about. We are all waiting.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 12:35:07 AM by Teddy »

May 08, 2020, 01:11:03 PM
Reply #3

JimIslander

Hi Teddy. I hope you are safe and well from this awful virus. Josh Gates. He pulled the second part of your expedition from youtube and replaced it with a short video say they all died from natural causes! And this despite all the evidence he saw with his own eyes!!. I think he upset someone in the Kremlin, so his return to "Cold Mountain" is not likely.

Keep well and safe

Jim

May 08, 2020, 01:46:21 PM
Reply #4

Teddy

Administrator
Josh Gates. He pulled the second part of your expedition from youtube and replaced it with a short video say they all died from natural causes! And this despite all the evidence he saw with his own eyes!!. I think he upset someone in the Kremlin, so his return to "Cold Mountain" is not likely.

I have no idea what are you talking about. I was with Josh Gates on Kholat Syakhl and I saw what he saw. Who replaced what with what again?

May 08, 2020, 11:21:33 PM
Reply #5

sparrow

I think I do remember Josh Gates saying something about the incident being caused by a  slab avalanche.  I do hope he kept an open mind personally, though.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:36:45 PM by sparrow »

May 09, 2020, 12:44:41 AM
Reply #6

Teddy

Administrator
I think I do remember Josh Gates saying something about the incident being caused by a  slab avalanche.  I do hope he kept an open mind personally, though.
No, this is not what he said. This is what the Russian Prosecutor's office went to investigate last year and we never heard back from them. Josh Gates kept a very open mind. You can see how the second episode ends. Here are links to the videos if you want to watch them again.

P.S. O my, I did see (again) the ending of the second episode. He did say that the weather, avalanche or an X-factor are left to consider. Or a dare gone wrong. Nevertheless, he made a good movie. Don't you agree? But believe me - the strangest thing we encounter were the drones gone haywire. BTW after we left the pass there was a storm that destroyed the camp. See the pictures if you are interested. No one has ever camped on the ridge, where the Dyatlov group monument is, and I don't think anybody will do it again after us.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 01:15:01 AM by Teddy »

May 09, 2020, 04:08:17 AM
Reply #7

sparrow

Teddy, I hope you don't think I dislike Josh Gates.  I, of course, have never met him but, I always watch his show.  In fact I wouldn't miss it. And yes, I will watch the show again (and probably again).  I also looked at the pictures of the devastation of the storm.  It is amazing what a LITTLE wind can do.  I am glad you guys were not there at the time.

May 09, 2020, 04:35:31 AM
Reply #8

Teddy

Administrator
I had a tremendous luck with my first filming crew. Mike Libecki told me that the pressure can really bring the worse in people. These guys were holding it together. And Josh Gates has a real talent for what he does. He is changing the story on the spot, single handed many problems, not once did he raised his voice or showed disappointment or blamed anybody. When you have three days to shoot a movie you can't afford to let negative emotion take over. The weather was totally uncooperative, the hitches on the sleds kept breaking from the low temperatures, the support had to go back to the village to get spares. At all times the crew was doing the best of the situation. If something broke they filmed it breaking. One sled sank in the river, the equipment was almost lost. Panic doesn't help. Josh Gates is actually much more charismatic and funny in real life. He is very creative and smart, very intelligent. What you see as end production is a little bit of a show, but this is what movies are all about. I cherish the conversations we had with no camera present. He is one of the people I will keep in my heart even if I don't meet him never again. And I am saying this without having seen a single of his episodes before I went to the expedition with him. C'est la vie.

May 09, 2020, 04:37:28 AM
Reply #9

Teddy

Administrator
Teddy, I hope you don't think I dislike Josh Gates.
You were actually right about the ending.

I didn't understand what JimIslander is saying.

May 11, 2020, 12:02:54 AM
Reply #10

sparrow

Teddy, I was wandering if you could give us your thoughts about Dyatlov Pass?  Do you think the weather you experienced was about the same as they experienced (except for the wind)?  Do you know if the conditions they experienced were normal for groups on type 3 hikes (weather, terrain,etc.)?

May 11, 2020, 12:26:01 AM
Reply #11

Teddy

Administrator
My published my thoughts right after the expedition here https://dyatlovpass.com/expedition-unknown
The weather we experienced and Dyatlov group experienced was normal for the time and place, and in my opinion is not what killed them.

I usually don't participate in discussions but find translate and publish new materials.
I will don't so in 2 days - new articles about the Ivanov, the lead investigator. I don't have the time to do both, either or.

May 29, 2020, 12:45:34 PM
Reply #12

WAB

No one has ever camped on the ridge, where the Dyatlov group monument is, and I don't think anybody will do it again after us.

It not is so. :(
During our last three expeditions we settled down there. The wind exposition in 2015 was extremely strong. However we, why that, remained are live :)?

May 29, 2020, 02:39:48 PM
Reply #13

Teddy

Administrator
 No one has ever camped on the ridge, where the Dyatlov group monument is, and I don't think anybody will do it again after us.

During our last three expeditions we settled down there. The wind exposition in 2015 was extremely strong. However we, why that, remained are live :)?

Good to know. So your camp was at the monument where ours was? Not where Dyatlov tent was found?

May 31, 2020, 11:25:11 AM
Reply #14

WAB

Good to know. So your camp was at the monument where ours was? Not where Dyatlov tent was found?

No, not in where Dyatlov's tent was. I know (or rather - I have idea) of those phenomena that could have ruined Dyatlov's group. So we choose  place where we can insure ourselves against it.
Our camp was a bit (15 ... 20 meters) closer to the monument, on the very edge of the pit from the west, but behind the same rocks.

Your camp is in March 2019. Exactly what's left of it after one month.

Our camp is in 2013, 2014 and 2015.

Here you can see the difference in tent placement. There is pentagon (+/-) drawn on the location of your camp.

July 22, 2020, 11:32:06 AM
Reply #15

PROXIUS

Teddy, I hope you don't think I dislike Josh Gates.
You were actually right about the ending.

I didn't understand what JimIslander is saying.

Yep I have recently downloaded the two episode and watched. At first he all the way goes for the possibility of secret launch theory even though with the pattern of evidences he was being convincing but then he suddenly eliminate by stroking the red line over that theory. It just twisted everything and we end up with nothing again. On the other side I am very curious about the 'shouldn't exist' document. It is pretty new but case was recently closed once again sooo.. Not sure what would happen to that document.

July 22, 2020, 12:44:33 PM
Reply #16

Teddy

Administrator
Not sure what would happen to that document.

If you mean this document the date was explained by the prosecutors before even the episode was made but they left it as a big secret anyway.
https://dyatlovpass.com/prosecutor-generals-office#tempalov