March 28, 2024, 12:23:43 PM
Dyatlov Pass Forum

Author Topic: Evidence  (Read 55793 times)

January 20, 2021, 05:25:02 PM
Reply #150

sarapuk

Case-Files Achievement Recipient
Sorry what is "Solter's statement"? Where can I read it?

It is on Dyatlov Pass web page.  Try this link.

https://dyatlovpass.com/interview-solter?rbid=18461

Recently I have been looking at the case from a different perspective.  As suggested by Teddy.  If you give credit to Solter's statement then there is clear evidence that things are not right with the scenes or the protocols followed.

I have tried to look at it starting with only several pieces of info:

1. Solter's statement
2. The bodies/injuries/autopsy reports
3.  The hikers own information/diaries etc.  Basically the journey they had planned and where they were

Nothing else

Forget everything you think you know and start from scratch just with the above information and try to determine how you think they died.   When you have a conclusion you will have 50% of the story. 

Then, forgetting all of the scenes ask why and how it could have happened,  and why would there be a need to cover it up.  This is the other 50% of the story.

I think I have the first 50%.  I have several ideas about the second 50%.  It is difficult to pin down the second 50% without any additional information.  There is one idea I find interesting though.

Regards

Star man

She only cleaned the bodies. And she wasnt absolutely sure of what happened all those years ago when she made those statements in more modern times.
DB

January 20, 2021, 05:32:59 PM
Reply #151

eurocentric

Reference the rather dubious Moon landing analogy...

The DPI, as presented, would be the equivalent of Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin sitting inside their lander module in their underwear, with the heating turned off, playing Scrabble instead of attending to the risks presented by their location, not following the procedures they were trained for in order to ensure their survival and the completion of their mission.

Despite having the means to survive right by their side, dragged all the way to the Moon, they inexplicably ignore them, and have also landed somewhere they shouldn't be.

They then smash their way out of their capsule instead of exiting via the door provided, roam around without securing their space suit's integrity, and set off in single file, without their flag and experiments, to go and hide in a crater, where they inevitably perish.

Their camera takes photo's of strange objects in the sky, and the only photographic proof we have that they were there are two close-up photo's of a trench, which do not confirm they are on the lunar surface or show the horizon.

If all that happened would anyone believe they were ever on the Moon?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 12:40:18 AM by eurocentric »

January 20, 2021, 05:56:27 PM
Reply #152

eurocentric

I am genuinely enjoying this conversation. 

Star Man was reminding me of some kind of Poirot/Miss Marple who refuses to spill the beans until the last chapter because he might be wrong and doesn't want to hurt the innocent.  But now I'm cracking up over the metaphor which keeps getting more and more complicated and actually confusing, rather than elucidating, the issue.

Maybe it's neither a horse nor a dolphin.  Maybe it's a hippokampos.   popcorn1

If I had a book coming out I'd combine all the most 'imaginative' theories I've read in this forum, it's sure to get into the best seller lists, or at the very least become a better script than that awful movie.

So, I'd have the yeti/menk/sasquatch as an alien from a frozen world, and it evolved to be covered in fur to stay warm. It is said to walk with a lolloping gait, and that is due to differences in gravity, and is generally only seen in colder climates, at altitude, well away from the equator, where the hirsute beast cannot cope with the heat.

The reason no dead yeti or baby yetis have ever been seen, or a lair or dung found, is they do not live and breed here, only visit, and arrive via a wormhole, which only appears on mountains rich in iron, a lodestone where the wormhole flux creates plasmatic effects such as orange orbs, 'fireorbs', glowing entities and ball lightning.

When the wormhole is closed there is a ripple in the space time continuum, explaining the military getting dates wrong, and anything metal, such as aircraft or a passing missile, is sucked towards it like iron filings to a magnet, explaining all the aircraft which crashed in that area across the years.

The number 9, the highest single number, is believed to be one of the combination numbers which unlocks the wormhole, and gadget man Igor Dyatlov had developed a special radio frequency receiver to detect the wormhole's formation, comprising of a small radio, excess salt and a piece of copper wire as an aerial. If the reception of Bill Haley's Rock Around The Clock was interrupted on Berlin radio when at 3000ft they knew what was about to happen.

They headed up that mountain after detecting something and attempted to trap a tourist menk in a pit, digging a deep snow trench. The creature was lured inside with loin steaks and porridge, and the tent arranged to collapse on top of it. The hikers had taken off clothing to evade the menk's thermal vision, which allows it to hunt prey on its frozen world (like when Arnie covered himself with river mud to elude The Predator).

They hypnotised and subdued the trapped menk by cossack dancing around the tent while singing banned communist songs. 'We will not stop until you drink the medicinal vodka!' they shouted, as Semyon whooped that they were going to make history. Soon it was bleary-eyed, toasting Nikita Khrushchev, collapsing into a heap, snoring its head off, and then they lowered themselves in to tie it to logs, intending to haul it out and lay it on a ski sled and drag it back to Vizhay, where bearded man's hospitality would welcome it as a long-lost cousin and make it feel at home as a fellow State outcast.

But the menk came round when they were in the trench and attacked them with its compelling force and tore its way out of the tent using its claws. The drunken menk staggered outside, tripped over a rock and fell. When they do so they instinctively go into a hedgehog ball, so it rolled down the pass towards the forest, its fur not leaving any trace. The hikers assembled to discuss what to do, and decided they had to leave immediately and go after it, determined not to lose their prize and the chance to be in the National Geographic.

The menk, now nursing a hangover, hid in the forest. Slowly its anger grew as it watched the hikers' approach and begin digging another capture pit in the snow, and it decided to exact its revenge. It pounced on Lyuda and Semyon, and delivered not a bear hug, but something far worse, a yeti hug, which cracked ribs, and when Lyuda screamed it ripped out her tongue like the alienised Ripley did the alien's in Alien Resurrection, loosening her hyoid bone. It threw their bodies into the ravine, and captured Igor to hang him upside down by his ankles from a tree, but he escaped. To keep evading the hikers and spring surprise attacks it shapeshifted into many different things, including a dolphin, a horse, a lynx, an eagle, and even a mushroom head.

The rest of the hikers hid in the tallest tree they could find, a cedar, nervously looking back up at the tent. The menk lit itself a fire underneath, using branches which snapped off under its weight when it tried to climb up after them. It tried to smoke them out, but eventually, after warming itself, it shook the tree so violently the hikers fell down like conkers, and then it bonked some of them on their heads with a log as if playing a xylophone.

The military arrived, their radar detecting an anomaly, helicopters, ground vehicles, MiG jets, the lot, but by then the menk had vanished, the wormhole closed, so they staged a Roswell style cover-up, arranging bodies so they looked like they'd been chased or bitten by a combination of overwintering snakes, marauding elks and hungry wolverines, while others died of the cold dressed only in their birthday suits. 'People will never believe this', they thought to themselves, but for 62 years and more, they did.

Rumour has it the Soviets caught a menk in 1952 and were hoping for a breeding pair for military applications, and that the menk helped them develop their space program. They only abandoned Moon landings for the greater goal of the planet Chewbaccaan.

A Stitch In Time Kills Nine is available soon.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 11:08:14 PM by eurocentric »

January 20, 2021, 06:53:24 PM
Reply #153

marieuk

love it  grin1

January 21, 2021, 12:38:41 AM
Reply #154

Star man

Star Man was reminding me of some kind of Poirot/Miss Marple who refuses to spill the beans until the last chapter because he might be wrong and doesn't want to hurt the innocent.  But now I'm cracking up over the metaphor which keeps getting more and more complicated and actually confusing, rather than elucidating, the issue.

If I had a book coming out I'd combine all the most 'imaginative' theories I've read in this forum, it's sure to get into the best seller lists, or at the very least become a better script than that awful movie.

So, I'd have the yeti/menk/sasquatch as an alien from a frozen world, and it evolved to be covered in fur to stay warm. It is said to walk with a lolloping gait, and that is due to differences in gravity, and is generally only seen in colder climates, at altitude, well away from the equator, where the hirsute beast cannot cope with the heat.

The reason no dead yeti or baby yetis have ever been seen, or a lair or dung found, is they do not live and breed here, only visit, and arrive via a wormhole, which only appears on mountains rich in iron, a lodestone where the wormhole flux creates plasmatic effects such as orange orbs, 'fireorbs', glowing entities and ball lightning.

When the wormhole is closed there is a ripple in the space time continuum, explaining the military getting dates wrong, and anything metal, such as aircraft or a passing missile, is sucked towards it like iron filings to a magnet, explaining all the aircraft which crashed in that area across the years.

The number 9, the highest single number, is believed to be one of the combination numbers which unlocks the wormhole, and gadget man Igor Dyatlov had developed a special radio frequency receiver to detect the wormhole's formation, comprising of a small radio, excess salt and a piece of copper wire as an aerial. If the reception of Bill Haley's Rock Around The Clock was interrupted on Berlin radio when at 3000ft they knew what was about to happen.

They headed up that mountain after detecting something and attempted to trap a tourist menk in a pit, digging a deep snow trench. The creature was lured inside with loin steaks and porridge, and the tent arranged to collapse on top of it. The hikers had taken off clothing to evade the menk's thermal vision, which allows it to hunt prey on its frozen world (like when Arnie covered himself with river mud to elude The Predator).

They hypnotised and subdued the trapped menk by cossack dancing around the tent while singing banned communist songs. 'We will not stop until you drink the medicinal vodka!' they shouted, as Semyon whooped that they were going to make history. Soon it was bleary-eyed, toasting Nikita Khrushchev, collapsing into a heap, snoring its head off, and then they lowered themselves in to tie it to logs, intending to haul it out and lay it on a ski sled and drag it back to Vizhay, where bearded man's hospitality would welcome it as a long-lost cousin and make it feel at home as a fellow State outcast.

But the menk came round when they were in the trench and attacked them with its compelling force and tore its way out of the tent using its claws. The drunken menk staggered outside, tripped over a rock and fell. When they do so they instinctively go into a hedgehog ball, so it rolled down the pass towards the forest, its fur not leaving any trace. The hikers assembled to discuss what to do, and decided they had to leave immediately and go after it, determined not to lose their prize and the chance to be in the National Geographic.

The menk, now nursing a hangover, hid in the forest. Slowly its anger grew as it watched the hikers' approach and begin digging another capture pit in the snow, and it decided to exact its revenge. It pounced on Lyuda and Semyon, and delivered not a bear hug, but something far worse, a yeti hug, which cracked ribs, and when Lyuda screamed it ripped out her tongue like the alienised Ripley did the alien's in Alien Resurrection, loosening her hyoid bone. It threw their bodies into the ravine, and captured Igor to hang him upside down by his ankles from a tree, but he escaped. To keep evading the hikers and spring surprise attacks it shapeshifted into many different things, including a dolphin, a horse, a lynx, an eagle, and even a mushroom head.

The rest of the hikers hid in the tallest tree they could find, a cedar, nervously looking back up at the tent. The menk lit itself a fire underneath, using branches which snapped off under its weight when it tried to climb up after them. It tried to smoke them out, but eventually, after warming itself, it shook the tree so violently the hikers fell down like conkers, and then it bonked some of them on their heads with a log as if playing a xylophone.

The military arrived, their radar detecting an anomaly, helicopters, ground vehicles, MiG jets, the lot, but by then the menk had vanished, the wormhole closed, so they staged a Roswell style cover-up, arranging bodies so they looked like they'd been chased or bitten by a combination of overwintering snakes, marauding elks and hungry wolverines, while others died of the cold dressed only in their birthday suits. 'People will never believe this', they thought to themselves, but for 62 years and more, they did.

Rumour has it the Soviets caught a menk in 1952 and were hoping for a breeding pair for military applications, and that the menk helped them develop their space program. They only abandoned Moon landings for the greater goal of the planet Chewbaccaan.

Just one problem.  I can't believe that the Menk like porridge.

Regards

Star man

January 21, 2021, 01:02:16 AM
Reply #155

eurocentric

It's true that they have a preference for Ready Brek, but are partial to anything oat-based which helps warm them, gets their heart and circulation going. They thought this Goldilocks planet would be the perfect getaway.

January 21, 2021, 01:08:35 AM
Reply #156

Nigel Evans

A good effort but the title needs work, how about - "Menk, missiles, magic helicopters and hypnotic cossacks".
Best to keep it real?

January 21, 2021, 01:24:17 AM
Reply #157

Star man

It's true that they have a preference for Ready Brek, but are partial to anything oat-based which helps warm them, gets their heart and circulation going. They thought this Goldilocks planet would be the perfect getaway.

I suppose ready brek  does provide a warming glow for hours.  Essential on Kholat

Regards

Star man

January 21, 2021, 03:35:43 AM
Reply #158

GKM

Porridge eating menks. That's a good one.

January 21, 2021, 03:43:25 AM
Reply #159

GKM

I am curious about those who suspect Ufo's are responsible for what happened to the hikers. Unidentified flying objects, meaning it is something in the sky that is unidentified or associated with alien life? Surely it isn't alien lifeforms. That and the yeti are descents into the absurd.

January 21, 2021, 04:13:30 AM
Reply #160

Nigel Evans

I am curious about those who suspect Ufo's are responsible for what happened to the hikers. Unidentified flying objects, meaning it is something in the sky that is unidentified or associated with alien life? Surely it isn't alien lifeforms. That and the yeti are descents into the absurd.
Explain to me what is absurd about this -

January 21, 2021, 04:49:57 AM
Reply #161

Star man

Its unlikely that they were attacked by aliens or a yeti.  But it might not be as obsurd as you think.

Regards

Star man

January 21, 2021, 05:11:08 AM
Reply #162

RMK

Epic.  I love it.   lol1

BTW, to which "awful movie" are you referring?  Devil's Pass (2013)?

January 21, 2021, 05:12:24 AM
Reply #163

GKM

Absurd that the yeti or aliens were involved with DPI? I do think it is absurd. Human involvement on some level? Yes.

January 21, 2021, 05:22:31 AM
Reply #164

Nigel Evans

Absurd that the yeti or aliens were involved with DPI? I do think it is absurd. Human involvement on some level? Yes.
No offence but your opinion (as is everyone's) is of little importance. What is of more importance is your argument for your opinion.

Care to reply to my question in #161?

January 21, 2021, 08:29:44 AM
Reply #165

mk

Explain to me what is absurd about this -

I wish I spoke French.  It's strange that the creature is so dark if it lives in a snowy place, but I'm sure they had an explanation for that.  Funny: I kept looking for a yeti somewhere, based on the title, but to me that figure looked exactly like a hiker in a hooded coat with a dark backpack.  It wasn't until the clip of the scientists examining the film that I could see how it's supposed to look like a yeti.  They seemed to be talking about the size of the figure and stuff--again, wish I spoke French!

Very interesting film!

January 21, 2021, 09:37:36 AM
Reply #166

DAXXY

Interesting how the human mind works. In situations where we have a need for plain explanations to big events but they aren't available we then fill any gaps with imaginative ideas.  It must be this...or it must be that. 

In the UK there are mysterious sightings of a big black panther type of cat in rural areas every year.   Funny how it's just before the tourist season.  Same with the Loch Ness Monster.  Why else would anyone want to go out of their way to a rural Scottish loch.  Empty places need to generate footfall and excite the media producers to make their 'documentaries'.  There is nothing better for this than some old legend of a 'creature' from folklore that is actually real and wanders about looking for groups of explorers with their cameras at the ready so they can perform as soon as the explorer shouts "OK and.....Action!"    lol1

January 21, 2021, 10:29:13 AM
Reply #167

GKM

Sorry, Nigel, but I had to do something mundane, like work. I still say the yeti is nonsense, but as you pointed out, our opinions count for nothing.

January 21, 2021, 10:32:14 AM
Reply #168

Nigel Evans

Interesting how the human mind works. In situations where we have a need for plain explanations to big events but they aren't available we then fill any gaps with imaginative ideas.  It must be this...or it must be that. 

In the UK there are mysterious sightings of a big black panther type of cat in rural areas every year.   Funny how it's just before the tourist season.  Same with the Loch Ness Monster.  Why else would anyone want to go out of their way to a rural Scottish loch.  Empty places need to generate footfall and excite the media producers to make their 'documentaries'.  There is nothing better for this than some old legend of a 'creature' from folklore that is actually real and wanders about looking for groups of explorers with their cameras at the ready so they can perform as soon as the explorer shouts "OK and.....Action!"    lol1

I'm struggling to connect the DPI with the Loch Ness monster, although i know a someone who might....

Give me a Yeti any day.

January 21, 2021, 10:42:59 AM
Reply #169

Nigel Evans

Sorry, Nigel, but I had to do something mundane, like work. I still say the yeti is nonsense, but as you pointed out, our opinions count for nothing.

No probs, well the scale of the reports and these days the video evidence is becoming compelling imo.

January 21, 2021, 10:52:14 AM
Reply #170

DAXXY

I'm struggling to connect the DPI with the Loch Ness monster, although i know a someone who might....

Give me a Yeti any day.

It's the same process.  There is a big event and people want an explanation.  Monsters and mythical creatures or Aliens coming to life to fill in the gaps in peoples knowledge.
There is nothing wrong with healthy imagination and folklore had a purpose, and if hunting a yeti gets people out in the forest having fun and fresh air then there's nothing wrong in that either.  But that's all it is.  Imagination and lack of factual knowledge. But that's just my own opinion...I respect anybody having a different opinion to mine who believe Yeti's are real.  I hope they are successful in finding one  lol2

January 21, 2021, 12:31:51 PM
Reply #171

mk

Same with the Loch Ness Monster.  Why else would anyone want to go out of their way to a rural Scottish loch.
  Beautiful scenery, to get away from Edinburgh and other crowded spots, Urquhart Castle...
I adored Inverness and the area--the whole Monster thing was the most mundane part of it!

January 21, 2021, 12:40:30 PM
Reply #172

Monty

Daxxy (reply 170)
In your bare feet? If you choose to mock an explanation at least do it with your boots on....

January 21, 2021, 01:05:06 PM
Reply #173

Manti

It is on Dyatlov Pass web page.  Try this link.

https://dyatlovpass.com/interview-solter?rbid=18461

Recently I have been looking at the case from a different perspective.  As suggested by Teddy.  If you give credit to Solter's statement then there is clear evidence that things are not right with the scenes or the protocols followed.

I have tried to look at it starting with only several pieces of info:

1. Solter's statement
2. The bodies/injuries/autopsy reports
3.  The hikers own information/diaries etc.  Basically the journey they had planned and where they were

Nothing else

Forget everything you think you know and start from scratch just with the above information and try to determine how you think they died.   When you have a conclusion you will have 50% of the story. 

Then, forgetting all of the scenes ask why and how it could have happened,  and why would there be a need to cover it up.  This is the other 50% of the story.

I think I have the first 50%.  I have several ideas about the second 50%.  It is difficult to pin down the second 50% without any additional information.  There is one idea I find interesting though.

Regards

Star man
So I have read that interview but I don't know what to take away from it.Is she understood to be saying that no autopsy was done? She says, the bodies came in frozen, they let them thaw, then washed them, put on new clothes, and put them in coffins.

Yet the autopsies in the case files describe the hikers in their original clothing. So that autopsy couldn't have happened at any point because Solter would either be washing bodies cut  by the pathologist (is that the word for a person who does an autopsy), or if doing it afterwards, the pathologist would find them in clean clothes and not their original ones. Solter is contradicting an autopsy being done at all, or at least the autopsy reports from the case files. So it's not possible to consider both Solter and the autopsies credible.

Not only that but Solter also says that there were days not months between the time the two girls were brought to the morgue. This contradicts several statements by the search party, UPI students some of whom knew the hikers. Why would their college friends lie about when they found them?

Or are we supposed to conclude the bodies were washed and put into coffins bound for Sverdlovsk, then taken back to the Urals and dressed back into damaged clothing? That their relatives later identified as theirs?

So 1. and 2. are in contradiction and 3., the hikers diaries tell us nothing about the incident, only about where they were which is in the upper sources of the Auspiya and around the pass. Which is walking distance from where they were found because the search party's base was also in the upper Auspiya, and they managed to walk to the cedar area, search for hours, and walk back to their base every day.So the diaries unfortunately don't tell any information about the incident itself apart from them being in vicinity where they were found.

"Basically the journey they had planned and where they were"I also don't think there can be many conclusions drawn from this. It was similar to journeys other groups of hikers were doing at the time. They were in Mansi hunting forests but there are no stories of hunters being injured under suspicious circumstances, are there?They wouldn't hunt on a military testing range, and they wouldn't be allowed to hunt around a secret nuclear facility or illegal gold mining operation... I don't think the area they were in could give any reason to cover up their deaths.
The Soviet Union had its own testing grounds, in eastern Kazakhstan and on the arctic island of Novaya Zemlya, these areas exclusive zones and no hikers or hunters would have been allowed there.

Additionally I've read Solter's (or her family's) two letters to Yudin and these letters even contradict each other on the number of bodies for example.

January 21, 2021, 01:25:54 PM
Reply #174

DAXXY

Same with the Loch Ness Monster.  Why else would anyone want to go out of their way to a rural Scottish loch.
  Beautiful scenery, to get away from Edinburgh and other crowded spots, Urquhart Castle...
I adored Inverness and the area--the whole Monster thing was the most mundane part of it!

Yes but it brings in a commercial aspect.  gift shops, Nessie T shirts, post cards, books, the whole merchandising machine. Something for the Children.  shock1  lol1  These business owners in economically dead rural areas know that family tourism makes them very big money and kids get bored with scenery and architecture and the fine gardens of old stately homes. 

Same with TV shows.  Most are made because of their view-ability aspects. TV stations buy these shows not because of their factual content but because impressionable people will watch them and that means the advertisers (who pay the TV station big money) will get their commercials watched.  That's what TV is for.  Selling people stuff.  Yeti's are just another niche in a growing market.   

Someone called me cynical once.  I just laughed.  The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.  lol1 lol2
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 01:58:28 PM by DAXXY »

January 21, 2021, 01:26:16 PM
Reply #175

marieuk

Well I've seen a black panther, so I know they're out there! As for Scotland I agree with MK, it's  beautiful with amazing scenery and well worth a visit if you like that sort of thing.  But I agree that something less fanciful is probably the most likely explanation. 

January 21, 2021, 01:34:10 PM
Reply #176

DAXXY

Daxxy (reply 170)
In your bare feet? If you choose to mock an explanation at least do it with your boots on....

Sorry... lol1  grin1 thumb1

January 21, 2021, 02:04:29 PM
Reply #177

Ziljoe

Oi !!! Who's slagging my Nessy?

That's my doorstep by the way. You lot can stero type all you want but I spoke to Nessy and "she" wasn't at the dyatlov pass , or seen aliens , yeti's etc.   She is also upset by the commercial gain as she gets nothing.

Back in your box, the lot of you......

January 21, 2021, 02:14:24 PM
Reply #178

DAXXY

Oi !!! Who's slagging my Nessy?

That's my doorstep by the way. You lot can stero type all you want but I spoke to Nessy and "she" wasn't at the dyatlov pass , or seen aliens , yeti's etc.   She is also upset by the commercial gain as she gets nothing.

Back in your box, the lot of you......

I never thought of that...Nessie deserves a cut.  Come to that she should have a contract, and better terms and conditions.  Does she even have a lawyer ?   lol1

January 21, 2021, 02:25:20 PM
Reply #179

Ziljoe

I never thought of that...Nessie deserves a cut.  Come to that she should have a contract, and better terms and conditions.  Does she even have a lawyer ?   lol1

Lol grin1